Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

bijapos wrote: »

...and the secret to Betty's Hotpot was always
    a bottle of stout.
    Any Irish person could have told you that!

What was so ridiculous about that was Sean had the recipe for ages, and looked at it several times. A bottle of stout is hardly something that would slip your mind as an ingredient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Them singing "Bohemian Rapsody" was classic!!! One of my favourite Corrie moments!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Anyone else think Gail was being a bit rude asking Anna if fay was ok? She's not exactly an example of a great parent herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Blatter wrote: »
    What was so ridiculous about that was Sean had the recipe for ages, and looked at it several times. A bottle of stout is hardly something that would slip your mind as an ingredient.

But not something you'd bother writing down as a chef. Just something you add out of habit. Ask Keith Floyd.
    IMO... some Tabasco (any pub that can knock out a Bloody Mary has it) with the Guinness would make spicy hotpot. Now I've made myself hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I too am disinterested in the lapdancing club storyline. I'm not usually entertained by stuff like that..Jack and Vera locked in the bedroom - I forget what was going on there and Emily up the tree - I forget what that was all about too but Curly Watts was involved. I also hate tit for tat storylines like Owen and David and Kylie next door squabbling over the pond and Kirsty and the lunches story. I couldn't give forty shades of sh*te what she puts in the wee fella's lunchbox:(.

I don't think Nigel Pivaro's that great as an actor...I think he's a bit pantomime, with his over expressive face, wincing and shrugging and stuff. I don't like actors who pull faces...like Rosie did. Like children in school plays..over dramatic.

I too think Ken is amazingly young looking for his age. He could be Audrey's father ffs! She looks older than him:eek:. Not too long since he was bouncing about on your one on the boat with his shirt open to the waist ..fair fcukn play to him.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

have a look at Anna and Owen at the soap awards
    article-2136730-12D15162000005DC-550_634x910.jpg

casio4 wrote: »

He looks like he's about to murder someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

iguana wrote: »

Corrie is usually very good for staying true to character ages and birthdays

Tracey gave birth to Amy on the same day I had my little girl and every year on my daughters birthday there's never a mention of Amy's birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

He could have polished his shoes!

Karen23 wrote: »

Corrie is usually very good for staying true to character ages and birthdays

Tracey gave birth to Amy on the same day I had my little girl and every year on my daughters birthday there's never a mention of Amy's birthday.

There will be once she turns 13 and turns into a teenage hell raiser like David platt or ends up pregnant like Sarah.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Karen23 wrote: »

There has been at least one. She had a birthday party at the Barlows' and Bethany was there. They just don't mention every characters birthday every year. There are about 60 recurring cast members, so they'd have a birthday roughly every 3rd episode if they did. Birthdays only get mentioned if it's a landmark birthday or they want to do a storyline around it. So Nick's birthday on NYE 2010 was mentioned a lot as he was sad about thinking he caused the tram crash and Leanne not being with him any more but unless he is central to the story on the day it doesn't get mentioned every NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I just notice it because I remember her being born the same day as my daughter so I know they're the same age , but didnt notice that Nicks is the same as my Son's 'til you mentioned it :p , not the same age thankfully :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Soaps changes for May!
    Corrie is on everyday this week!

Monday 7th May to Thursday, May 10
    Corrie is at 9:00

Friday 11th May
    Corrie 7:30 and 8:30

Why the flip can they not leave the mother flipping time alone???
    Haven't been enjoying this lapdancing story at all but Roy's pained expression last night as he said 'Galileo' made it all worth it.

The thing I love about corrie is how it manages to stay true to life, which is why the lap dancing story is not doing it for me. I really dont think the entire street would get up in arms about it. "exploitation of women" bla blah, Cheryl was a stripper, where was the exploitation of women line then? The fact of the matter was she earned good money and was able to support herself and her son and was damn glad of the job. As terry said, its a strip club not a brothel. It wont affect pub trade as it wont open til about 10 or eleven and close around 2.

So yeah I'm feeling a bit meh about it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Someone should shop in Angelina Jolie leg on Owen :p

syklops wrote: »
    Why the flip can they not leave the mother flipping time alone???

The thing I love about corrie is how it manages to stay true to life, which is why the lap dancing story is not doing it for me. I really dont think the entire street would get up in arms about it. "exploitation of women" bla blah, Cheryl was a stripper, where was the exploitation of women line then? The fact of the matter was she earned good money and was able to support herself and her son and was damn glad of the job. As terry said, its a strip club not a brothel. It wont affect pub trade as it wont open til about 10 or eleven and close around 2.

So yeah I'm feeling a bit meh about it as well.

I think the whole argument is that it will bring "unsavory characters" onto the street. As long as it's not happening on their doorstep, Corrie residents will turn a blind eye to most things.

Is it terrible that I just got tickets to the corrie musical in the o2? :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

lizt wrote: »
    He looks like he's about to murder someone.

The state of his shoes. No wonder Mary was showing wotserface how to use a tin of polish tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Felt so sorry for Julie tonight. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'd say you'll have a good night Liz, Kym Marsh has a class voice, she's playing young Elsie Tanner. Richard Hillman is going to be in it too:).

Ann22 wrote: »

I'd say you'll have a good night Liz, Kym Marsh has a class voice, she's playing young Elsie Tanner. Richard Hillman is going to be in it too:).

Keith Duffy is making an appearance too. It's really my mum who wants to go and I'm being dragged along. That's the excuse anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

are you sure its the o2, saw an add for it and it said the new bord gas place in town. best check.

iceblue wrote: »
    are you sure its the o2, saw an add for it and it said the new bord gas place in town. best check.

Nope, definitely the o2.

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s3/coronation-street/news/a379771/coronation-street-unveils-carlas-brother-rob.html

Coronation Street bosses have announced that actor Marc Baylis has been cast as Carla Connor's long-lost brother Rob.

Rob will be a new bad boy for the cobbles, arriving in Weatherfield following a stint in prison.

Carla (Alison King) will find that Rob needs her help to make a fresh start as he settles in.

The newcomer will also quickly develop a reputation as a ladies' man, setting his sights on Eva (Catherine Tyldesley) along with other women on the street.

Baylis told itv.com: "I feel incredibly honoured to be joining the very talented cast of Coronation Street. Rob is an exciting character to play and I am hoping he is going to ruffle a few Weatherfield feathers."

Coronation Street's producer Phil Collinson added: "I'm very pleased to welcome Marc to the cast - the latest in a long line of handsome Corrie charmers. Carla's brother Rob is sure to set hearts fluttering in Weatherfield from the minute he arrives. The audience can expect thrills and a few broken hearts when this handsome bad boy hits town."

Baylis's previous TV credits include guest roles on Law and Order: UK, The Bill, Misfits and Sirens.

His first Coronation Street scenes will air in the summer.

soaps_corrie_marc_baylis.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

syklops wrote: »

Emily was all in favour of strippers when she was the one earning money from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Hd8rUkWqAAU#t=1192s

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    soaps_corrie_marc_baylis.jpg

He's not bad - always nice to have another bit of eye candy!;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yes Julie can no one be happy on Corrie now.Ah it just seems so cruel to do it to her.Especially as she seems really settled.Hopefully she has some good news soon.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

That didn't last long. I was beginning to warm to her as well.

Do us a favour love, bring Karl and Eva with you. Cheers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

She mightn't end up leaving when the time comes as she is talking about next year. Remember shortly after she came back on a 6 month contract Kate Ford said she couldn't cope with the commute from London and missed her son too much so wouldn't be resigning. Yet she's still gurning the screen up 18 months on.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement