Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,279 ✭✭✭✭noodler

penev10 wrote: »
    I saw that. I just know I wont have the time to join in :(

The stone farming required for some builds really puts me off returning.

Totally agreed.

I put 50 hours or so in Demons Souls and could never get weapons upgrades past +3 or so farming in general I hated.

I just wanted to experience some online cos didn't get much first time.

Got NA copy of the game though so probably time difference as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is there a trick to getting across the bridge with the dragon circling it after the Phalanx boss without getting roasted? I get across the first part, down under it, fight some dogs and find a merchant. Get to the next part and no matter how fast I sprint to the fog gate I get nailed, there's a few archers and two knights near it. Does it matter where the dragon is in the sky?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yes, ensure your total equipped is less than 50% of your maximum equip burden and just run across.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You can also kill the dragon with soul arrow or soul ray but that'd take a lot of MP regen and patience.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    Is there a trick to getting across the bridge with the dragon circling it after the Phalanx boss without getting roasted? I get across the first part, down under it, fight some dogs and find a merchant. Get to the next part and no matter how fast I sprint to the fog gate I get nailed, there's a few archers and two knights near it. Does it matter where the dragon is in the sky?

Get as close as you can to where his flame first hits the ground then just as he starts his run, chase him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    Get as close as you can to where his flame first hits the ground then just as he starts his run, chase him.

I was doing it wrong, trying to outrun him before he flew over, didnt realise could walk out a good bit on the bridge until he did it. Beat the Tower Knight there, wasn't hugely difficult just annoying I kept getting staggered making it hard to dodge.

krudler wrote: »
    I was doing it wrong, trying to outrun him before he flew over, didnt realise could walk out a good bit on the bridge until he did it. Beat the Tower Knight there, wasn't hugely difficult just annoying I kept getting staggered making it hard to dodge.

First time I fought the Tower Knight I hid like a coward up top and peppered him with arrows. Actually I ran away from most things on my first play. I kinda miss the fear of taking on a boss now in both games. It added to the excitement and reward of beating them.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Started this lastnight. Have beaten Tower Knight and trying to decide where to head next.

Any advice on a build? I went with the Royal class, have been investing mostly into Int, Magic, Vit and End. Want to keep Dexterity at a certain level too but will mainly go for a magic build I think with the Winged spear as my main melee weapon.

Any good light armour sets I can pick early on or will i just stick with the Royal's default stuff. Wouldn't mind a better shield too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,172 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just loaded up my save in the Nexes and the crestfallen soldier type guy has disappeared, he was sounding a bit crazy lastnight, was that supposed to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Kinda gave up on Dark Souls a while back but I've been giving this one a go the last couple days and it's reignited my interest in the series.

I'm ****e at this one too, ha!

• Advertisement

Kinda gave up on Dark Souls a while back but I've been giving this one a go the last couple days and it's reignited my interest in the series.

I'm ****e at this one too, ha!

You're not ****e, you're just improving at your own rate :p .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I didn't add this to my account when it was free on PS+

Bah!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,279 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just loaded up my save in the Nexes and the crestfallen soldier type guy has disappeared, he was sounding a bit crazy lastnight, was that supposed to happen?

Yeah, he has bit the dust.

Flamelurker was horrendous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Demon's Souls stream for anyone interested: http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

F1ngers wrote: »
    Demon's Souls stream for anyone interested: http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Ah I was expecting a Boardsie playing or something not these guys rambling on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Going to start a co op play through, i don't remember do you start with the white soap stone or do you have to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

weiland79 wrote: »
    Going to start a co op play through, i don't remember do you start with the white soap stone or do you have to find it?

It could be a very lonely run unless you've a mate :pac:

You get it after you beat Phalanx, the first boss

It could be a very lonely run unless you've a mate :pac:

You get it after you beat Phalanx, the first boss

Wait a second, are the servers still up?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Wait a second, are the servers still up?

They don't use dedicated servers so it still works AFAIK. I played through early last year and I worked, but I saw about 3 Summon Signs in the whole run.

Was playing a few weeks ago and I couldn't find one. Its pretty dead

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,898 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty sure it does use dedicated servers, at least for some functions. Dark Souls is PvP though.

Theres a few people running about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just played my first 20 minutes of Demon's Souls.

So far it is very similar to Dark Souls in that I have no idea whats going on or how to survive for very long. Are you supposed to be able to fight the first boss? Or are you supposed to die immediately so you can get to the Nexus?

You're pretty much a Souls God amongst Men if you can beat him first time around :pac:

Hit Boletaria first

I think myself and Weiland79 will have to call it a day on our attempt to play some Demons Souls co-op. I think we were doing everything right but we just couldn't get the summons to work.

- I'm level 14 and he is level 24. So we're in the correct range.
    - I'm in soul firm and using the blue eyed stone item
    - He is in human form
    - The boss in the level is still alive, at least in my game

The only thing we can think of is that I'm playing a digital version but Weiland79 is using a physical copy.

It is such an obtuse system.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

I think myself and Weiland79 will have to call it a day on our attempt to play some Demons Souls co-op. I think we were doing everything right but we just couldn't get the summons to work.

- He is in human form

The only thing we can think of is that I'm playing a digital version but Weiland79 is using a physical copy.

I believe there are different versions of game and it's not possible to connect to a person using a different one. I have a disc copy which I bought around the time it was released, I believe it's the US version whilst I also have the digital one as well which is European.

Who is the distributor on the boxed version?

You can PM me if you're looking for co-op. I've completed the game a few times so I know my way about!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

- He is in human form

Think version do make difference. And you need to in same server for summon working. One trick is to quit both, and try to start again same time to better the chance to connect to same server...

Best coop experience with friend will be Dark Souls 2 use naming ring...

But Demons Souls is the best in my book, for some Boss design...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I picked this and dark souls up for a tenner second hand. I'm going to start demon's souls next week. I really want to get into these games but I heard that a lot of people quit due to the difficulty. What can I do to make sure I don't quit early?

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I picked this and dark souls up for a tenner second hand. I'm going to start demon's souls next week. I really want to get into these games but I heard that a lot of people quit due to the difficulty. What can I do to make sure I don't quit early?

I'm probably not the guy to answer because I did quit Dark Souls very early into the game. I played it for about 18 hours but only got a tiny bit of the way into the game. It was just too hard.

But probably not being afraid to use an FAQ is a good step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Fakman87 wrote: »

I tried Demon Souls but just couldn't get into it, that also overlapped with not having much time to play it and DS2 coming out though so that was more why I stopped playing. So I can't say much about Demon Souls just that if you do get sick of Demon Souls definitely give Dark Suls ago. It is still rock hard but more forgiving than Demon Souls I found :)

Also ENB has a Let's Play of Demon Souls that I found very helpful for starting off.

Advertisement