Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

I think this is my favorite out of them all
    Amazing atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

4-2 has been kicking my arse big time.
    Manta things? You can run to the end of the path or pick them off with a bow but that takes a while.

Wait until 5-2 then you'll know some real frustration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Evade wrote: »
    Manta things? You can run to the end of the path or pick them off with a bow but that takes a while.

Wait until 5-2 then you'll know some real frustration.

No they've been OK, zap them with soul arrows and they fall out of the sky. The laser beam shooting ghosts that get summoned constantly one shot me. 5-1 probably been least favourite world design so far. It's worse than Blighttown!

No they've been OK, zap them with soul arrows and they fall out of the sky. The laser beam shooting ghosts that get summoned constantly one shot me. 5-1 probably been least favourite world design so far. It's worse than Blighttown!
    There's another enemy summoning them. Ignore the ghosts and find the summoners. 5-2 is like the unholy union of 5-1 and Blightown.

There's another enemy summoning them. Ignore the ghosts and find the summoners. 5-2 is like the unholy union of 5-1 and Blightown.

Gotta agree with you re 5-2. Probably the most head wrecking level I've experienced in gaming. Did the Boss in one thank feck so don't have to go through it again. Got through 4-2 OK in the end also.

• Advertisement

Gotta agree with you re 5-2. Probably the most head wrecking level I've experienced in gaming. Did the Boss in one thank feck so don't have to go through it again. Got through 4-2 OK in the end also.
    Are you using a magic/ranged build? It took me forever to sword and board the swamp.

Are you using a magic/ranged build? It took me forever to sword and board the swamp.

Doing a joint magic/sword build. Using a smictar or whatever it's called. I sprinted through it really just to find the first shortcut (the bridge you can see needs to be knocked down) then went back to pick up stuff. Took down Dirty Colossus with the sword as had no spices.

Old King Allant is driving me crazy. Even getting to him is tiring.

Old King Allant is driving me crazy. Even getting to him is tiring.
    There's a cheese if you have a really long range bow

There's a cheese if you have a really long range bow

I started shooting arrows at him from the fog door at one stage I was so frustrated. Over 80 and it took less than 10% of his health bar. I got bored. I hate cheesing in these games. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the run to him. At least I killed the dragon to make it less painful.

• Advertisement

It is done. Final boss (King Allant - not Old King Allant) was a pushover. Old King Allant was such an intense fight when it looked like I was finally gonna succeed. One mistake and you're dead. The whole world tendency thing makes this a very replayable game.

So that's all the Souls games and Bloodborne beaten at last. Definitely the best games I've ever played. I've been strung out on them since March of this year so I hope I can now move on to others in my collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well thematically the final boss is meant to be a push over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So that's all the Souls games and Bloodborne beaten at last. Definitely the best games I've ever played. I've been strung out on them since March of this year so I hope I can now move on to others in my collection.

Time to move onto the "Souls-like" games :D

Actually maybe not, none have come close to this series and you will only be left disappointed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Heard a lot of good things about Salt and Sanctuary. Played a small bit. It has that god awful Flash marionette animation but it seemed to play really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Bracken3000

Loved demon souls after hunting it down after playing dark souls.

Great atmosphere to it, kinda reminded me of when I played the first tomb raider, that all alone feel to it.

Best games ive played over the last 5/6 years.

Time to move onto the "Souls-like" games :D

Actually maybe not, none have come close to this series and you will only be left disappointed

I've tried a couple. Lords of the Fallen, The Surge. Found them frustrating more than anything. Although I'll probably pick them back up at some stage. Nioh was good but I found it had very confusing controls and I dropped it at the poison mines.

I'd like to check out Salt and Sanctuary. Had a look at the gameplay when Retr0gamer posted about it and it looks decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

S&S is very good, I really enjoyed it actually. It felt more like Bloodborne than DS to me in terms of gameplay but I have no idea why.

It's definitely worth picking up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Oblivoid

Weird, I just started replaying this a couple of days ago. Still holds up but I agree it's long overdue a remaster. The loading screens take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Gonna crack into this for the first time tonight me thinks, any build recommendations?

or general new comer tips?

the blueblood sword build appears to be popular, shall i? or is it a weapon i wont get for aaaaages :D

From the little ive read, you cant respecc and the path to follow is all over the place like DS1

Oh lawdy i am scareeed already :eek:

I think getting the Blueblood sword is pretty late game. Magic is very overpowered and watch the world tendancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

nix wrote: »
    Gonna crack into this for the first time tonight me thinks, any build recommendations?

or general new comer tips?

the blueblood sword build appears to be popular, shall i? or is it a weapon i wont get for aaaaages :D

From the little ive read, you cant respecc and the path to follow is all over the place like DS1

Oh lawdy i am scareeed already :eek:

Just wing it, dont look at build and stuff prior to playing it for the first time. I wish i could playthrough blind for the first time again

Jeez, that first boss (Phalanax?) was a pain in the hoop, rom with shields, one shotted anyway :pac:

Sake, ****ing
    armored spider
    is a pain in the hoop, i wouldnt mind so much but the web **** just lasts forever and makes it near impossible to melee the fight, feel like the only way would be to cheese it with ranged attacks, which i didnt bother with :mad:

Demon's Souls does sometimes need a small bit of cheesing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I still have no idea how I beat Armoured Spider, absolute duck of a boss

Nix are you playing online and, if so, is there much activity? I might play again to avail of the network features before the server is taken down. I'm noticing an increase in traffic on Demons Souls forums in recent days.

No offline, moved into a new house and it will be a few months before i can get the internet up and running, waiting on the line to be installed which wont be until end of Jan by the look of it :(

So im tethered to my mobile until then which is actually not bad, just up and down like a yo-yo :pac:

nix wrote: »
    No offline, moved into a new house and it will be a few months before i can get the internet up and running, waiting on the line to be installed which wont be until end of Jan by the look of it :(

So im tethered to my mobile until then which is actually not bad, just up and down like a yo-yo :pac:

I use my mobile. Don't have a line into the gaf anymore. I used to but got rid and now I only pay €20 a month as opposed to €100. It's been grand for co-op on my Souls play through though. I'm tempted to just go again anyway and try do a run aiming for a Total Pure Black World tendency run now I understand the world tendency mechanics a bit. Oh and if your finding some enemies tough it may be world tendency related. There's an option on the menu screen that can tell you both character tendency and world tendency.

Servers for this game are now finally down.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,285 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is there any chance at all of this getting a PC port, I wonder? It was the gateway for many to the Souls franchise.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement