Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Really? I'm reading to do 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, etc first. hhhmmm. Crappy Internet where I am at the moment so have to play in offline mode. Crap not have messages strewn around.

Edit:

Also, collecting unknown, soldier, hero souls. Should I use them straight away to get the souls or keep them until I go back to the nexus in case I die and lose all my souls, I will still have some in reserve from these items?
    Save your souls until you get to a merchant or back to the nexus to level up.

There's no right order to doing the levels but Boletaria castle is straight forward and iirc should have some decent weapons for a Strength build (which I'm assuming you are going for id you picked the knight).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,686 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks Lads, will keep them until I'm ready to level up so. Yeah going for Strength build but might invest in whatever increases my bow and arrow level as I will need some range fighting as well.

Have to say it's an absolutely brilliant game and so rewarding. Reminds me of some of those old C64, Nes, Snes/Megadrive games that just seemed impossible to beat and would prefer to chop off your hand then to hold it. Except it's this gen and looking lovely!

Other devs seriously need to take a chapter from From Software's books!

Thought I was doing good on my second level 2-1. Didnt die once and then I met mr spider. No bow or magic so no range attacks = me getting bate!. Found a wand in 1_2 and learned soul arrow, how handy is that! Anyone how how to regenerate magic meter? Is the soul arrow good against the armoured spider or anyone have any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954345-demons-souls

Two great sites for DS info...

Add me on PSN if you need someone to summon. Same username... :)

Added you today ubiq, sound.

Started again as a royalty. Breezed through 1_1 and 1_2. Tower knight was an impressive boss!! I took him down first go and fairly easy too. can't wait to clear this so I can move onto dark souls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Been playing this on PS+, I presume this is the right place to talk about it. I haven't quite grasped what I'm doing yet. I have a bastard sword that I picked up but it's way too heavy to weild. Any handy tips for an absolute beginner?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Been playing this on PS+, I presume this is the right place to talk about it. I haven't quite grasped what I'm doing yet. I have a bastard sword that I picked up but it's way too heavy to weild. Any handy tips for an absolute beginner?

Two posts above yours has links to tips.
    Haven't used the gamerFAQ one but the wikidot is a great resource.

Practice parrying/riposte - really useful.

I have world 4 in PBWT and trying to farm pure bladestone.

I start in 4-3 and going back to the black dual katana phantom - he's just not dropping it.
    At one stage I had over 3 million souls and pumped most of them into luck(at 37 now) - still not happening.

Using soulsucker with LSoS.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

F1ngers wrote: »
    I have world 4 in PBWT and trying to farm pure bladestone.

I start in 4-3 and going back to the black dual katana phantom - he's just not dropping it.
    At one stage I had over 3 million souls and pumped most of them into luck(at 37 now) - still not happening.

Using soulsucker with LSoS.

Any ideas?

With the drop-rate on it I would just try and find someone your level that has is duped. I think I have some on my Char, but I'd have to log in and see what level.

Razleavy wrote: »
    With the drop-rate on it I would just try and find someone your level that has is duped. I think I have some on my Char, but I'd have to log in and see what level.

I'm a "do it myself if it kills me" type(most of the time) - didn't have this much trouble with the asian version.

Started off farming at approx SL 125, am now SL 193...:o

• Advertisement

I'm a "do it myself if it kills me" type(most of the time) - didn't have this much trouble with the asian version.

Started off farming at approx SL 125, am now SL 193...:o

Had a similar situation myself, I thought it would never end :)

Pumped another 2.5 million souls into luck - and I got it just now. :D

Pumped another 2.5 million souls into luck - and I got it just now. :D

Grats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I downloaded this via PS+.

All the reviews point towards a brilliant game, im not usually into a game such as this but with nothing else to play at the moment i thought id give it ago.

Im finding it hard to get into - im not really sure what im supposed to be doing as of yet other then hack my way past the skeletons/monsters!

Did anyone else feel the same when they started?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

Just work your way through the level.. learn how to attack, block, roll, etc'. Pick up everything, look at everything, try different armours... there's a lot to figure out initially.

Look here - http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

I've just started this having well and truly finished Dark Souls and just need a few pointers to get going, if you please!

Firstly I've decided to go with the Spellsword build from the wiki (http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:26)

Can you guys recommend the "best" level sequence to do for this build?

Also the World Tendencies......after quite a bit of reading am I safe to assume that I should:

1: Play offline
    2: Die numerous times to make the world Black Tendency (or whatever!)
    3: Defeat the Black demons and the final boss of the level - which will then turn the level pure white?

Or am I completely wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Issac wrote: »
    I've just started this having well and truly finished Dark Souls and just need a few pointers to get going, if you please!

Firstly I've decided to go with the Spellsword build from the wiki (http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/character-builds:26)

Can you guys recommend the "best" level sequence to do for this build?

Also the World Tendencies......after quite a bit of reading am I safe to assume that I should:

1: Play offline - Yes, easier to control WT.
    2: Die numerous times to make the world Black Tendency (or whatever!) - Die in body form, make sure you have beaten the absolute last level boss before going for pure black.
    3: Defeat the Black demons and the final boss of the level - which will then turn the level pure white? - Gradually it will become PW

Or am I completely wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Also, complete pure white world objectives before doing pure black objectives.

If you're trying to plat the game do pure white character events before pure black character events.

Don't know much about building characters, I just go for vit, dex and str with the occasional magic upgrade.

Also, complete pure white world objectives before doing pure black objectives.

If you're trying to plat the game do pure white character events before pure black character events.

Don't know much about building characters, I just go for vit, dex and str with the occasional magic upgrade.

Thanks for the advice!

Just to clarify point 2:

Should I basically:
    Kill myself in the nexus,
    finish the last boss of each of the levels, (this will result in PW?)
    regain body form and get myself killed until the levels turn PB and finish off the Black Demons?

Sorry for the questions - they really don't make it obvious!

Issac wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice!

Just to clarify point 2:

Should I basically:
    Kill myself in the nexus,
    finish the last boss of each of the levels, (this will result in PW?)
    regain body form and get myself killed until the levels turn PB and finish off the Black Demons?

Sorry for the questions - they really don't make it obvious!

While playing through the levels you should be in soul(dead) form, when you kill a boss the world will head towards pure white.
    Kill yourself in the Nexus and then continue to the next boss.
    By the time you get kill the final boss you should have a pure white world.
    Kill yourself in the Nexus again and complete all pure white world tendency events.
    When you have completed all those, get 7 stones of ephemeral eyes and kill yourself in the world you just completed in pure white - 7 deaths will get you to pure black world - do pure black world events.

Killing certain black phantoms will shift your character tendency to pure white(for the friends ring) - getting a pure black character is easy, kill the NPCs in the nexus will do that for you.

While playing through the levels you should be in soul(dead) form, when you kill a boss the world will head towards pure white.
    Kill yourself in the Nexus and then continue to the next boss.
    By the time you get kill the final boss you should have a pure white world.
    Kill yourself in the Nexus again and complete all pure white world tendency events.
    When you have completed all those, get 7 stones of ephemeral eyes and kill yourself in the world you just completed in pure white - 7 deaths will get you to pure black world - do pure black world events.

Killing certain black phantoms will shift your character tendency to pure white(for the friends ring) - getting a pure black character is easy, kill the NPCs in the nexus will do that for you.

Thanks very much! That will really help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Really enjoying this at the moment.
    I'm at the 4-2 (shrine of storms), crazy farm off the first reaper.

TomCo wrote: »
    Really enjoying this at the moment.
    I'm at the 4-2 (shrine of storms), crazy farm off the first reaper.

4-3 pure black world with soulsucker and thirst.
    That's THE soul farming place to go.

Watching Epic Name Bro's recent Crushing Battle Chat series has me yearning to return to Boletaria.

I've already gotten a "spellsword" and faith/strength build into NG+ when it was first released so will probably leave it but out of interest what other builds are viable? (i.e. don't require a stupid amount of farming)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Played this for a while last night, got the Phalanx boss on my first run, it's all very familiar after playing Dark Souls so it's not as daunting as it was way back on release, fun though, the combat is good and I like the nexus thing.

krudler wrote: »
    Played this for a while last night, got the Phalanx boss on my first run, it's all very familiar after playing Dark Souls so it's not as daunting as it was way back on release, fun though, the combat is good and I like the nexus thing.

I found it a lot easier than Dark Souls, I think it has a lot to do with it being more linear. The bosses in Demons Souls also seem to be a lot more straight forward as far as figuring out how to counter them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

TomCo wrote: »
    I found it a lot easier than Dark Souls, I think it has a lot to do with it being more linear. The bosses in Demons Souls also seem to be a lot more straight forward as far as figuring out how to counter them.

Yeah the Phalanx was a doddle really, just kept running around avoiding the individual ones and hitting the big one when there was an opening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,193 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The firebombs are quite useful for that fight as well.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

The firebombs are quite useful for that fight as well.

I used Turpentine, you have plenty of it at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,339 ✭✭✭✭noodler

penev10 wrote: »
    Watching Epic Name Bro's recent Crushing Battle Chat series has me yearning to return to Boletaria.

I've already gotten a "spellsword" and faith/strength build into NG+ when it was first released so will probably leave it but out of interest what other builds are viable? (i.e. don't require a stupid amount of farming)

He's organising a return to the game this week.

'Happy Soulsgiving' he is calling it.

Was on the other night but ran out of stones to get my body back and have no red eye orbs so could invade or be invaded!

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    He's organising a return to the game this week.

'Happy Soulsgiving' he is calling it.

I saw that. I just know I wont have the time to join in :(

The stone farming required for some builds really puts me off returning.

Advertisement