Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

weiland79 wrote: »
    Funnily enough I've never played the DLC of either of them. Was considering the PS4 version of 2. Is it worth it?

DLC is well worth playing, you'll just have to play through a good chunk of the base game to get to it. The PS4 version changes up the enemy position and balance from the first release so should give you a slightly different challenge. I enjoyed it on PC anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

DS2:SOTFS is/was 20e recently in games**p

Some of the stuff I saw in the DS3 beta really reminded me of demons souls , think i'm long over due another run at demons, only played it once :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

I've got it at home if you want to co-op at any time, I've a fairly new save. PM your PSN name if you want (I don't know mine)

*Edit* Don't tell me the servers are gone

Your pm is full but my PSN is: Dyl_Redmondo

If anyone else is up for playing then feel free to add me or pm me your PSN. I'm gonna need the help at one stage or another as its getting ridiculously hard!

Evade wrote: »
    Top tip for beginners, never go human always be a hollow. If you ever find yourself with your humanity restored go to the hub and kill yourself. Slight mechanic
    when you die as a full human the enemies in that area get stronger.

I'm a knight atm. Just increasing Magic and Intelligence mostly. haven't died too many times but its a matter of time at this stage.

• Advertisement

Played tower of Latria last night for the first time and its like a god damn maze at times. Got invaded just before the 1st boss but luckily killed him...had so many souls on me too. The gameplay is just so addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Entering the boss area kicks the invader out of the world. Handy if you have a lot to lose but are near a boss.

Maybe that's just Dark Souls, actually. Been a while since I played DeS and even longer since I played it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭Evade

If it was just before the boss room that's a scripted black phantom not another player invading.

I hated the Tower of Latria the first time I played. I had no magic shield and those ranged magic got really annoying.

By NG+ I had the anti magic spell which made it too easy.

If it was just before the boss room that's a scripted black phantom not another player invading.

I hated the Tower of Latria the first time I played. I had no magic shield and those ranged magic got really annoying.

By NG+ I had the anti magic spell which made it too easy.

Yeah you really need magic for the tower of Latria, luckily I'm lvl 35 starting it so there's no shortage in magic. It's like a maze though looking for doors and keys all over the place. Got so frustrating. I've stopped just outside the gate to the 1st boss so I'm mentally preparing myself for battle as we speak!

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Yeah you really need magic for the tower of Latria, luckily I'm lvl 35 starting it so there's no shortage in magic. It's like a maze though looking for doors and keys all over the place. Got so frustrating. I've stopped just outside the gate to the 1st boss so I'm mentally preparing myself for battle as we speak!

There's a thing with this boss.
    You have to kill a priest NPC before you fight the boss or he'll just keep healing the boss. If you go back the way you came there's a stairs inside the a tower on your left. Go up the stairs and he'll be behind the door at the end of the balcony.

• Advertisement

There's a thing with this boss.
    You have to kill a priest NPC before you fight the boss or he'll just keep healing the boss. If you go back the way you came there's a stairs inside the a tower on your left. Go up the stairs and he'll be behind the door at the end of the balcony.

I've been up and down every stairs i can think of. can't remember killing a priest but I'll go back over it all to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just saw this on NewGaf:

https://twitter.com/Bloodborne_PS4/status/670209778375725056

Is it to much to read into a re-master of Demons Souls?
    I'd definately pick it up day 1.

Thread:

"Can we call this a tease for a PS4 Remaster of Demon's Souls ?"
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1146797

Easy Allies have started a Souls Retrospective, and it starts with Demon's Souls.

Looking at the first page of this thread; fair play to those lads who caught wind of the game early on. Think I picked up a second hand version in late 2010. Took 3 or 4 attempts and finished it in 2014 :o
    Still one of my favourite souls games. Like it more than Dark Souls but below Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought this post would be about a remaster announcement but I'll gladly take a retrospective, thanks for posting. Raging I gave up on this before, damn skeletons kicked my ass and I didn't know what I was doing. With my Souls knoledge now, I'm sure I wouldn't give up again, but probably will still be killed....a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Mad that this thread got bumped. I'm here debating whether to buy a PS3 and Demons Souls or Nioh on the PS4. What would ye do if you'd never played either of them? Maybe it's a sign this thread getting bumped haha. Or maybe there will be a remaster announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Ive never played Demon's Souls,a game that surely is a game crying out for a remaster..

Nioh,i can thoroughly recommend though..

I kept my PS3 specifically for Demon's & Red Dead Redemption.
    Think I'll start another run though Demon's this evening actually.

I got the PS3 and Demon's Souls. I can pick up Nioh any time. No shortage of copies around. It looks great so I'll defo get it soon.

I got the PS3 and Demon's Souls. I can pick up Nioh any time. No shortage of copies around. It looks great so I'll defo get it soon.
    If you want some slightly spoilery advice
    stay hollowed (or whatever it's called)
    because
    the areas get harder if you die in human form.

If you want some slightly spoilery advice
    stay hollowed (or whatever it's called)
    because
    the areas get harder if you die in human form.

Cheers. Don't worry I'm mostly hollow playing, though not by choice haha. So far it's not too bad tbh, I've taken down four Bosses (phalanx, tower knight, armoured spider and Flame lurker). Didn't die to any of them. I'm sure that will change though. The camera can be infuriating at times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looking at the first page of this thread; fair play to those lads who caught wind of the game early on. Think I picked up a second hand version in late 2010. Took 3 or 4 attempts and finished it in 2014 :o

It's the last game I played that was a genuine surprise. Took a chance on it after the Eurogamer import review made the online stuff sound so interesting. Even finding the game was a nightmare. Sony sent the game out to die expecting 20-40k sales at best. The Front page of the wiki was dedicated to letting you know when play asia, yes asia and other importers had the Chinese version back in stock.

Then there was the sense of community around the game, everyone trying to figure out what was going on and just how the game worked. It was like the old days were you'd be talking to your friends about games in the schoolyard. This game still had that magic in a world of constant game coverage and gamefaqs. Only La Mulana came close last gen.

It's also funny listening to the initial reviewers at the time. The reviewer at 1up gave it an A I think and had a massive fight with the editor about the score as he gave the game to him because he thought it was a piece of ****. Plenty of other publications hated it, Giantbomb said the combat was awful.

This game is dark. Very hard to see where I'm going. And the sound effects in the prison are brilliant. Very unsettling. The next two Bosses I've tried are kicking my arse. Dragon God and the first in the prison area, can't remember her name. I constantly get caught on her traps.

That Easy Allies video seems a bit badly researched. You'd swear the game only got popular after the Western release when really the game was massive during the phase when everyone was importing the game and its were most of the excitement was.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This game is dark. Very hard to see where I'm going. And the sound effects in the prison are brilliant. Very unsettling. The next two Bosses I've tried are kicking my arse. Dragon God and the first in the prison area, can't remember her name. I constantly get caught on her traps.

Flame Lurker and Armored Spider are what slowed me down the most, Dragon God just takes practise.

Is that the False Idol?

Flame Lurker and Armored Spider are what slowed me down the most, Dragon God just takes practise.

Is that the False Idol?

Fools Idol, yes, that's the one. She seems handy enough if I could only avoid those traps. I actually had to look up Dragon God. I knew he was a puzzle boss after trying and failing to hit his fist for 15 mins or so. Still haven't beaten him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,228 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That Easy Allies video seems a bit badly researched. You'd swear the game only got popular after the Western release when really the game was massive during the phase when everyone was importing the game and its were most of the excitement was.

Definition of massive I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My son is working his way through this in parallel with the other Soul's games.
    A remaster would be fantastic.
    Maybe a Switch port..... But isn't it a Sony property?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    My son is working his way through this in parallel with the other Soul's games.
    A remaster would be fantastic.
    Maybe a Switch port..... But isn't it a Sony property?

It is indeed Sony IP, I'd love to see a remaster of this and Dark Souls. I've also been playing this and DS1 as picked up the Prepare to Die edition as WELL as Demon Souls. I had been playing DS1 on 360 prior to that and had gotten to the Depths. Blightown is horrendous on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

It is indeed Sony IP, I'd love to see a remaster of this and Dark Souls.

Id love to see a redux where they finish off both games, the land of the giants meant for the broken stone in demon's and a properly realised demon ruins and lost izalith in dark 1.

• Advertisement

After finishing Dark souls I started this again. I really love the atmosphere in this, feels so oppressive and dark. The bug things in 3-2 are probably the most disgusting enemies I've seen on a game.

Been making good progress this time, world's 1-1 1-2, 2-1 2-2 2-3, 3-1 3-2 (maneaters were rage inducing), 4-1 and 5-1 all done. 4-2 has been kicking my arse big time.

Advertisement