Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

rickyjb wrote: »
    So where's the best place to buy this, is it available in shops or do you have to get it online? The reviews are so good I'm tempted but I've never come across it in a shop

you can get it now for like 14GBP on zavvi, bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

ntlbell wrote: »
    you can get it now for like 14GBP on zavvi, bargain.

Just got a rush of blood to the head and went ahead and bought it there, hadn't even heard of the game til an hour ago!:)

19 euros delivered from zavvi, seems ok to me thanks ntlbell...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Just got a rush of blood to the head and went ahead and bought it there, hadn't even heard of the game til an hour ago!:)

To repeat a famous video game quote of old:
    "Welcome to your Doom!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So where's the best place to buy this, is it available in shops or do you have to get it online? The reviews are so good I'm tempted but I've never come across it in a shop

got my one from zavvi, but expect to wait about 2 weaks for delevery m8. ather then that WELL WORTH IT! My misses is not in to gaming, but she loves to watch me play it!

i got a question to lads here now as i am prety new to game.

those classes in beggining do make any difference? or is it just preset skill points? lets say i chose knight, but i prefer some ather stuff now, can i just pump up ather stats instead? Or do i get something unique by choosing initial class.

ather question would be about melee, i love idea of it, but looks like in moust seriuos places, bosses and bigger enemies, magic is the way to go and is more efficieant... is there still point in doing heavy melee class? as at bosses i encounteres so far, only proper option was magic.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

The starting character doesn't make any difference in terms of potential growth/abilities etc. Some startign characters are better balanced than others for tackling the first few levels though.

Some bosses are easier to melee some more susceptible to magic. I've beaten it with both types (athough in fairness there are many types of build, it's more to do with the stats/equipment you use than a straight magic or melee) and couldn't say one was easier than the other. If you do go for melee make sure you get a decent bow as ranged attacks can be essential at times.

got my one from zavvi, but expect to wait about 2 weaks for delevery m8. ather then that WELL WORTH IT! My misses is not in to gaming, but she loves to watch me play it!

cheers

2 weeks, they said in the confirmation email it should ship within 24 hours!:eek:
    Hopefully it won't be that long.

Haha, here's hoping my gf will also enjoy watching me play it, I'm not holding out much hope though:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2 weeks, they said in the confirmation email it should ship within 24 hours!:eek:

Haha, here's hoping my gf will also enjoy watching me play it, I'm not holding out much hope though:)

They got stock in. You'll get your game quickly.
    I remember when ShadowHearth ordered his copy, the site had "usually dispatches in a week".

Just had a good session. Omg we were bouth screaming, as i killed big bastord spider boss with a spell, had no more arrows no more med herbs, i was one blow away from death! And i killed it!!! You shoud hear as roar lol! She is giving me advices now all the tine lol. Hardcore games ftw!

On game now, i cleared up to third portal in that first zone, but when i try to continue and enter fog it says somethinh about it being too thick, and that i need to kill archsomething... Any clues?!

• Advertisement

Just had a good session. Omg we were bouth screaming, as i killed big bastord spider boss witj a spell, woth no more arrows no more med herbs, i was one blow away from death! And i killed it!!! You shoud hear as roar lol! She is govibg me advices now all the tine lol. Hardcore games ftw!

On game now, i cleared up to third portal in that first zone, but when i try to continue and enter fog it says somethinh about it being too thick, and that i need to kill archsomething... Any clues?!

Let this be your guide, http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/home

YOu need to clear another world before you can proceed. 1-3 is a big step up in difficulty and invasion central.

YOu need to clear another world before you can proceed. 1-3 is a big step up in difficulty and invasion central.

Ah cheers, sorry for spelling and wrong letters in words. As i typed that from phone, keyboard cam be very nasty sometimes. Ill try to correct all of that at home tonight.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I remember when ShadowHearth ordered his copy, the site had "usually dispatches in a week".

Yeah just checked it there and the "estimated dispatch date" is today. Be great if it came tomorrow in time for the weekend...

So from what I've read you don't tackle the worlds or whatever they are in sequential order, after you finish 1-1 you don't necessarily go to 1-2 is that right?

So from what I've read you don't tackle the worlds or whatever they are in sequential order, after you finish 1-1 you don't necessarily go to 1-2 is that right?

Correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Any tips for increasing white world tendency?

I've only a couple bosses to kill before I complete the game but I wanna get the key to let that guy out of his prision cell (think its 3-1) from what I understand I need full white tendency for a path to open up on 3-2 for me to get the key.

I'm pretty sure I'm +2 white tendency on the world as it is glowing but obviously I need to go up one more as the path is never open.

So I'm just kinda standing around like a knob, tried to help people by putting down a stone to be summoned but I keep turning into that boss instead and end up constantly killing people as the boss, have yet to be taken down.

Can't help but wonder if thats hurting my white tendency.

It shouldn'nt affect your WT. Have you completed world 3, if so, PWWT is next to impossible.

Got an email from Zavvi to say "Your order from zavvi has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!"

Delighted, until I saw this table further down:

Quantity Title Price Each Estimated Delivery Time 1 Demon's Souls EUR 17.95 10-15 days* * Most items arrive within the estimated delivery time. If you have not received your item in this time, don't worry as delays do occasionally occur. We ask you to wait 10 working days for UK deliveries and 20 working days for overseas deliveries before you contact us to let us know you have not received your item.

Now I'm not so delighted. Oh well...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Usually find games from zavvi take a little over a week to arrive. If it's shipped on monday you will get it the following monday or tuesday.

Got an email from Zavvi to say "Your order from zavvi has been dispatched and will be with you shortly!"

Delighted, until I saw this table further down:

Quantity Title Price Each Estimated Delivery Time 1 Demon's Souls EUR 17.95 10-15 days* * Most items arrive within the estimated delivery time. If you have not received your item in this time, don't worry as delays do occasionally occur. We ask you to wait 10 working days for UK deliveries and 20 working days for overseas deliveries before you contact us to let us know you have not received your item.

Now I'm not so delighted. Oh well...

I think they just do that to set expectations. As retr0 said they usually come 4-5 working days after it's dispatached.

• Advertisement

Are the demons souls servers generally reliable? I'm having lots of problems trying to connect trying to figure out if it's the ps3 or the servers or what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

Are the demons souls servers generally reliable? I'm having lots of problems trying to connect trying to figure out if it's the ps3 or the servers or what

yep, I tend to get logged out after 1 hour or so.

I think I seriously underestimated how hard this was! 4 hours in still in the palace :o

I think I seriously underestimated how hard this was! 4 hours in still in the palace :o

Nearly quarter of the way to the first boss...:p

yep, I tend to get logged out after 1 hour or so.
    dont know, i dont get any problems with connection...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

It shouldn'nt affect your WT. Have you completed world 3, if so, PWWT is next to impossible.

wtf why?

I'm pretty sure I have beaten it since I beat that boss a player can take control of. (havnt played the game in a week now , don't wanna go any further till I get pure white tendency on that world - dunno wtf to do)

So it arrived from Zavvi today, pretty quick.

It's definitely a strange one but maybe not as stupidly hard as I was anticipating. I think I killed a boss, does that mean I'm in 1-2 now? Seemed like the same level but I got a demon's soul so I presumed that means I finished something.

Tutorial was weird, where is that part of it set? The big ogre thing hit me one serious slap and I died and then ended up in the Nexus place or whatever it's called, how do I get back to fight him again?

Really annoying the way you lose all your souls when you die, I had loads (well it seemed like loads) and a dragon grabbed me. Should I go back to do another level or something? I think they were locked the last time I was there though. And how do you level up??

It's definitely a strange one but maybe not as stupidly hard as I was anticipating. I think I killed a boss, does that mean I'm in 1-2 now? Seemed like the same level but I got a demon's soul so I presumed that means I finished something.

You beat Phalanx? He had a load of minions crawling on/around him.
    Tutorial was weird, where is that part of it set? The big ogre thing hit me one serious slap and I died and then ended up in the Nexus place or whatever it's called, how do I get back to fight him again?

You do, in the Shrine of Storms.
    Really annoying the way you lose all your souls when you die, I had loads (well it seemed like loads) and a dragon grabbed me. Should I go back to do another level or something? I think they were locked the last time I was there though. And how do you level up??

When you die and drop your souls, it's really important that you retrieve them. You use the souls you collect to level up in the Nexus(Maiden in Black).

You can start to level up when you beat the Phananx and return to the Nexus.

Here is a guide, very helpful.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/home

Sisko wrote: »
    wtf why?

I'm pretty sure I have beaten it since I beat that boss a player can take control of. (havnt played the game in a week now , don't wanna go any further till I get pure white tendency on that world - dunno wtf to do)

Lets says PWWT is 7 points. WT can only be moved 4 ways, beating bosses or invading black phantoms, seeing as you've finished the world you can't kill anymre bosses and phantoms can't invade your world anymore. The 2 remaining are beating the black phantom of that world(WT+3) or the primevil demon(WT+3), however to encounter them you need pure black WT which works out as 0, PWWT is around 7 points from PBWT. Most peope don't get all PWWT on their first go through. Nothing really major on PWWT on world 3 anyways, just some chunks of certain ore and a ring that you will need for a trophy. Always better to setup it up on this run and get PWWT on NG+. Worlds 1,2,4 have the best stuff at PWWT. Better off getting 3 to PBWT, there's a unique weapon and colorless demons soul at PBWT, i'd advise finishing world 5 first, there's a nice item there and it makes the mindflayers much easier with it.

• Advertisement

You beat Phalanx? He had a load of minions crawling on/around him.

You do, in the Shrine of Storms.

When you die and drop your souls, it's really important that you retrieve them. You use the souls you collect to level up in the Nexus(Maiden in Black).

You can start to level up when you beat the Phananx and return to the Nexus.

Here is a guide, very helpful.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/home

Yeah that's the guy, he was easy enough to kill.

So if I go back to where I died I should get all my souls back? What do you do just touch the bloodstain where you died?

Ah so if I go back to the Nexus I can start levelling up using the souls I collected, I see.

Yeah I came across that when I was looking at buying the game but haven't read it yet.

Thanks for the tips!

Advertisement