Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

SeantheMan wrote: »
    *week(s)*

thank you, mister english teacher.

i am not irish, so english is not my native languadge.

As for demons souls... i hope i will get to play it before march then...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,318 ✭✭✭✭noodler

thank you, mister english teacher.

i am not irish, so english is not my native languadge.

As for demons souls... i hope i will get to play it before march then...

Why the attitude then?

Would you rather make the mistake over and over without correction?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

maybe he was being sincere and thought the guy was an english teacher :pac:

Anyway as I said earlier I orderd mine from zavvi a week before christmas and it arrived a week after.

Btw thinking back on the comment by someone earlier saying the game is more fun in soul form?

Why is this? So you can't get invaded by someone or so you can join other players?

Or is this something to do with this illusive tendency thing I keep hearing about but don't really understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Some people find it annoying to be invaded, it can happen to you at really really bad times, dieing in full body form can push world tendency towards black. Also you deal less damage in body form plus most importantly you can only be summoned when in soul form.

As for world tendency, +3 is pure white, -3 is pure black. Dieing in body form pushes a world towards black(except against bosses), killing bosses\invading phantoms(not 100% on this) set its towards white. the closer to white, the easier enemies are but you get less souls, the closer to black the tougher the enemies, more souls and certain black phantom versions of NPC's(toughest guys in the game) show up, you'll also get black phantom enemies, 4-2 has 3 particularly nasty phantoms. Gates\passes will open, for example the gates at the start of 1-1 will open at pure black or white. Be warned, everyimt you log onto the DS servers,it resets the WT(it takes the average WT from all players online). Pure black is easy to get, pure white can be tricky, dieing in body resets so you can see why peeps play in soul form.

Then there's your character tendency which is almost as much fun as world tendency.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

damn you right :(. i just checked and it says: dispatch wetheen the weak. and bayonetta is out of stock temporary :(. i will cry !!!! so it means i will wait for a good few weaks or so....
    I bought Bayonetta in GAME for €10 new the other week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I bought Bayonetta in GAME for €10 new the other week.

Nice one, unfortuntly, there is no GAME in my town. I will be going to Cork this weekend, so ill check it out. I still can cancel from zavvi then, eh?

As for the corrections, moust of the time they are being made by show offs, if he really wanted to do good, he would just do it in private message.

Gtaz on superior english languadge skills.

Oh yeah, i dont want to start anather useless flamewar which is EXTREMLY popular on boards, so please lets just dop it, and keep it on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I'm going to smash this game soon if I do not get passed this bit... AKA the very fecking start of the game.. :( seriously why is it so god damn hard.. I just keep getting killed by fire in like 2 secs when I go down the tower near the start..

Can someone explain this game to me? Whats the deal with this online stuff?.. And how the feck am I ever going to get passed this bit without dieing? I have been on it for 45mins and I keep getting transfered back to the very fecking start... This can't be right... I may just have to get rid of it ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

45 minutes? That's not that long really. Firstly are you going down the right tower? it you are going down the stairs that had fog on it you'll reach a new section where a guy will throw fire and set off aload of exlosive barrels, you can avoid this by baiting the throw and retreating. However this is the wrong tower to be going down initially. What you want to do is go a bit further along the battlements and head down the tower there. There's some zombies with fire swords that are easily taken care of. Keep heading down the spiral stairs taking them out and at the bottom you'll open the first shortcut of the level and you'll get the cling ring there that will give you a big boost in health and is one of the most important items in the game.

Check out the demons souls wiki, it's a bible for this game and if you are having more trouble then check out a walkthrough online. The game is harsh but fair and if you die it's your own fault. Take the game slow and you should be ok. Also if you aren't playing the game with the online features you are missing out on the best part of the game.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    45 minutes? That's not that long really. Firstly are you going down the right tower? it you are going down the stairs that had fog on it you'll reach a new section where a guy will throw fire and set off aload of exlosive barrels, you can avoid this by baiting the throw and retreating. However this is the wrong tower to be going down initially. What you want to do is go a bit further along the battlements and head down the tower there. There's some zombies with fire swords that are easily taken care of. Keep heading down the spiral stairs taking them out and at the bottom you'll open the first shortcut of the level and you'll get the cling ring there that will give you a big boost in health and is one of the most important items in the game.

Check out the demons souls wiki, it's a bible for this game and if you are having more trouble then check out a walkthrough online. The game is harsh but fair and if you die it's your own fault. Take the game slow and you should be ok. Also if you aren't playing the game with the online features you are missing out on the best part of the game.

I am still lost lol.. Yeah why aint I just checking walkthroughs while I have the laptop *facepalm..

I dont know what tower your on about though.. When I went through the fog there was a dude and a hind with ''you will need a crossbow'' I went over to the enemy and there was exploding barrels and yeah I did blow myself up (btw this is in the fog area).. After finishing the blue eyed knight I just went straight on to people throwing fire and got to bottom and yeah DIED of course... No surprise there anyways..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,005 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ok when you get to the top of the battlements and face to where you start on your right is where the red eyed knight is, that guy will **** you up so don't go near him. On the left there are two ways you can go. The first one you get to is gaurded by a blue eyed knight, you need to go there later but first go past it and go to the far left of these battlements and into that tower and start heading down, the shortcut and very important item are there. Also on those battlements there;s a place near the blue eyed knight were you can fall off. you'll take a small amount of damage if you fall off but there's a crossbow there that will be helpful if you aren't used to the combat yet. Also blokcing with a shield is your friend, don't bother with parrying since it's a very advanced technique and not all that useful until you get used to the game.

• Advertisement

Cheers man yeah I will try that.. Damn shield is something I never use... I do find when I use the shield I think I lose health but not sure?..

EDIT: wow its not even funny how many times I have died... It seems blocking makes me die quicker lol

You shouldbe getting plenty ofhealing herbs and using them all the time.

Probably explains it better than I can:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG018Yg4kOM

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You shouldbe getting plenty ofhealing herbs and using them all the time.

Ahh sure all em herbs are long gone... I use them then I die :(

See that lil fecker at bottom of stairs.. He got me the last time when I had full health :(

You're just not used to the combat. You'll get lots of herbs as you play through the first level, you get more the less you have. You might have choosen a class that is weak with shields so maybe try dodging more with the roll move. Try not to give up so quickly, it's a really good game. Getting that door open at the bottom is the first step to making progress. After you beat the first boss the game really opens up and you can choose 5 different stages in any order and start taking part in the online aspects of the game. The first level is a bit of a baptism of fire. If you ever beat the game and go through it again you'll wonder why you ever had trouble with it initially. It's all about gaining the skill and patience to take your time through the game.

Its a miracle I got to the bottom of the stairs :O...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Stick with it WarZoneBrother. Try not to barge in to combat, you'll need to learn when to block and when to parry. Once you get the hang of it you'll start devloping your character, getting more powerful and eventually the difficulty levels off.

You have got to be fecking kidding me... I get passed that bit and I get passed the fog bit aswell.. Then I get killed 10mins later and BAMM I am right back to the fecking start... Dont think I will carry on playing with such little checkpoints.. That is just ridiculous imo.. They should have a warning sign on the front of the box ''Theres feck all checkpoints''..:mad:

You should be able to get back to where you were before in no time at all with the new shortcut you opened. You'll just have to get used to the fact that you've got to be very careful in this game and that you've got to work very hard to get to the next shortcut or checkpoint, a lot harder than game likes Halo or CoD which my mother could probably beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

A good general tip is to pick a class that uses magic (a royal iirc?). I found (much later than I started unfortunately) that it can be a lot easier to blast enemies with magic than time your dodges and parries (if you are struggling with that part?).

Generally, its a lot easier using magic attacks, at least the first run through anyway. Imo of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

never went back to this since my last post about it. i suspect it will continue to gather dust as it hasnt even crossed my mind as being an enjoyable way to pass a few hours

never went back to this since my last post about it. i suspect it will continue to gather dust as it hasnt even crossed my mind as being an enjoyable way to pass a few hours

It's more like frustrating than enjoyable :cool:

Wussies :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This game can be beaten in a little over an hour.

Previous posts in this megathread prove it.

@Warzone, keep at it. It really is a wonderful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Demon's Soul's.

Separating the men from the boyos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

keep at it m8, the boss battles are epic in it apart from level 1-1 what is that? Boss in level 1-2 is my favourite ( so big)
    If your finding it difficult used this to help you.
    http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

I couldnt put this game away until i had it played to death ( and got the platinium trophy), sold it on then but got the new european special ed. when it came out a while back. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I put it down for a few weeks (maybe months actually) after becoming disillusioned with it. So glad I went back. For my Platinum. Get in.

Incredible game, but not one for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cheers man yeah I will try that.. Damn shield is something I never use... I do find when I use the shield I think I lose health but not sure?..

Its your shield, you're probably a wanderer or hunter, their starting shield is crap and has crap damage res, however they're good for parrying. If you want to block pick the knight class, otherwise practice with the roll and definately practice the parry. Parry makes quick work of the knights, all the guys in the first level pretty mch telegraph their move. If you're frustrated now wait till you get to the bridge bit on 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

You have got to be fecking kidding me... I get passed that bit and I get passed the fog bit aswell.. Then I get killed 10mins later and BAMM I am right back to the fecking start... Dont think I will carry on playing with such little checkpoints.. That is just ridiculous imo.. They should have a warning sign on the front of the box ''Theres feck all checkpoints''..:mad:

He thinks its casual enough for checkpoints

9sqwr8.jpg

Dude, theres no checkpoints in DS. Its the modern day equivalent of a bastard hard platformer from the 80's like ghouls n ghosts. You dont get checkpoints, you cant just sprint through the levels, (unless youre really ****ing good), learn that almost every enemy is capable of killing you, yes, even the lowly enemies in 1-1 will kill you with a few hits, dont try and play it like its devil may cry. Take it slowly, keep shield up at all times, and dont get overconfident. If youre dying too much, youre probably trying to charge through the level like its gears of war or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

F1ngers wrote: »
    This game can be beaten in a little over an hour.

Previous posts in this megathread prove it.

im sorry but this is just bull. There is no way anyone can pick this game up for the first time and get through it in an hour. Sure even talking to the first few people in the nexus takes 10 mins. Maybe if you stick to a playthrough guide or possibly know the game inside out before you start but I prefer to play a game myself, not copy someone else's game, where's the fun in that.

Im not denying the game is good, it just didnt grab my attention. couldnt see any reward to playing it to be honest and had no interest in the story (if there was even one) as it didnt feel like i was achieving anything or heading towards an ultimate goal

Advertisement