Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

When you start NG+, you basically start everyting over again so ypu'll need to beat the first boss again to get magic, level up etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Anyone know where I can pick this up for cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

videogames plus had it cheap last week, got it delivered for about 25 euro.
    might still be reduced

Thing with VG+ is it'll be an american copy so you can only connect to the US servers. If your mates have the eu copy you won't be able to play them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ya might be lucky and find it pre-owned somewhere like myself. 40 euro for the phantom edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Thing with VG+ is it'll be an american copy so you can only connect to the US servers. If your mates have the eu copy you won't be able to play them.

Can you actually play with your mates in this game? I thought it was random who joined your level etc (Still not played it)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Can you actually play with your mates in this game? I thought it was random who joined your level etc (Still not played it)

You can play with anyone in this game, so long as you have the same version, Korean, US or EU and are within ~10 levels of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

I saw two copies in Liffey Valley's Game a few weeks ago.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »

Yeah its random, but you can arrange to meet by dropping your blue stone at a prearranged place tho the mate has to be close to your level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Synalon Etuul

royal is good just keep your distance although they are pretty much crap in PVP as most people will carry the dark silver shiled.

While to begin with Royals are bad at PvP, a good mage build can be especially deadly with use of such spells as Homing Soul Arrow, Firestorm and Fireball. ^_^

• Advertisement

Bump into someone with antimagic field and a mage is screwed. Lost count of the amount of times i've done the 3-3 level with antimagic field and spent it chasing a guy who was only waving a wand\talisman at me. firestorm hard to get the drop with and its pattern is unpredictable, i've taken 3 players out with it once but it was a disaster any other time. homing soul arrow easily dodged and dark silver shield makes it useless. Fireballs good but easilly dodged. Better off with light weapon and blue blood sword. With a decent magic stat and light magic; the blue blood sword is very impressive. Apply light weapon with the insanity catalyst for more damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

This game is pissing me off no end, 5 hours in and I'm only on 1-2. Only the challenge itself is keeping me going. have no interest in the stupid names, story or otherwise. I can honestly see me snapping the disc in half. in a times gone by id be willing to put the time and effort in but doesn't seem worth it....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You are better off playing 2-1 than 1-2. 1-2 is very difficult and there's no shortcuts to open. 2-1 has shortcuts and is easier with a spear. Also it opens up the path to the best blacksmith in the game. You should also be levelling up and doing some co-op now. Keep at it and do the online stuff, it's far and away my favourite game this generation.

and there was i thinking i was totally crap. was fighting the blue eye knight and then got speared from behind by the other, got clipped by dragon fire on way back and lost 2000 souls.
    am trying to play without researching too much online but maybe its just a game that u cant pick up and plough through under your own steam (to be honest i havent even opened the book so not a clue as to what half the things ive collected are for)

and there was i thinking i was totally crap. was fighting the blue eye knight and then got speared from behind by the other, got clipped by dragon fire on way back and lost 2000 souls.
    am trying to play without researching too much online but maybe its just a game that u cant pick up and plough through under your own steam (to be honest i havent even opened the book so not a clue as to what half the things ive collected are for)

Did you get the black phantom edition with the hardback book? If you did i'd read the first half of it if i were you, the second half is a walk-through which you may be wanting to avoid. Cleared up alot of stuff for me.

nope. USA greatest hits version, in a red case for a change :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trust me the wiki is a lifesaver and this thread as well. Ask away on here and you'll get a lot of help.

What reto said about 2-1, pick up the spear by one of the bodies on the first section of the bridge in 1-2. Upgrade it with sharpstones, its essential for the guys in 2-1, well not essential but makes it easier. Also upgrade the compound shortbow. you should have found it by 2 archers.

Finally got this amazing game during the holidays.

Brilliant stuff. I'm constantly amused by the blood stains, 8/10 blood stains I click on is some eejit who appears to be controlling his character with his arse, jumping off a cliff.

Only time I ever did something like that was in 2-1 when you get that lift thing working down to that blacksmith. Ran on it too fast and fell all the way down, I had my full body at the time too so I was pissed.

**edit**

Btw this game probably has the best sword and shield type combat system I have ever seen in a game. Its great how the environment effects how you have to fight (can't be swinging a big long sword in a narrow corridor for example)

Alot of people jump off cliffs to stay in spirit form, makes the game somewhat better ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I tried buying this after Christmas, and would you believe NOT A SINGLE SHOP in City center (north) had it?

Oh well; I'll order it online soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Alot of people jump off cliffs to stay in spirit form, makes the game somewhat better ;)

Aye, I usually topped myself straight after regaining my body while in the Nexus (doesn't negatively affect world tendency that way)

Must get stuck back into this, has been neglected for far too long!

Ah right that explains a lot of the suicides in the nexus alright. And one or two of the cliff jumping I've seen.

I tried invading someone elses world today but it kept saying failed. I assume it was cause everyone on that level was in soul form at the time too.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I tried buying this after Christmas, and would you believe NOT A SINGLE SHOP in City center (north) had it?

Oh well; I'll order it online soon.

Yeah I order it from zavvi, 25 euro, I don't think any shops in ireland have this game.

It took just under 2 weeks to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Sisko wrote: »
    Ah right that explains a lot of the suicides in the nexus alright. And one or two of the cliff jumping I've seen.

I tried invading someone elses world today but it kept saying failed. I assume it was cause everyone on that level was in soul form at the time too.

Yeah I order it from zavvi, 25 euro, I don't think any shops in ireland have this game.

It took just under 2 weeks to arrive.

Donno bout down south but you can get it up north alrite, least i did 3 or 4 months ago. Only the "Black Phatom" Edition tho, comes with a cool wee strategy guide and ****. Was 35 quid at the time.

Shame its never got the exposure it deserved, absolutely awesome game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Demons Souls is popular enough to have made it to Platinum-status.

So even if it didn't get "enough" exposure, word-of-mouth has ensured that it outsold all expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

ordered it yesterday 17 quid, couldnt resist! Wanted it for ages but 50+ quid tag was putting me away...

anyone knoe delevery times for zavvi?

ordered it yesterday 17 quid, couldnt resist! Wanted it for ages but 50+ quid tag was putting me away...

anyone knoe delevery times for zavvi?

Are you sure they have it? Site says dispatched within a week but regular stuff is usually dispatched within 24hrs.
    I wouldn't hold my breadth if I were you.
    Hope I'm wrong though.

EDIT: Also, they will email you when it is dispatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you sure they have it? Site says dispatched within a week but regular stuff is usually dispatched within 24hrs.
    I wouldn't hold my breadth if I were you.
    Hope I'm wrong though.

EDIT: Also, they will email you when it is dispatched.

damn you right :(. i just checked and it says: dispatch wetheen the weak. and bayonetta is out of stock temporary :(. i will cry !!!! so it means i will wait for a good few weaks or so....

damn you right :(. i just checked and it says: dispatch wetheen the weak. and bayonetta is out of stock temporary :(. i will cry !!!! so it means i will wait for a good few weaks or so....

I bought Planet Earth and Life on sunday and it was in stock - dispatch in 24hrs. Had a look this morning and it is now showing as dispatch within a week...Could be waiting a while..:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

*week(s)*

Advertisement