Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Shield and Spear is what i use. Keep L1 held down, while tapping R1 to attack from behind the shield. Handy for killing enemies while still being protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Hi guy's i'm doing level 3-2 at the mo. Tower of Latria. If you remember you come across a dude in a cage i've let him out and he is just wandering around. Should i kill him or leave him alone he doesn't seem to be doing me any harm at the moment but i don't want him coming back to haunt me later either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

I think your talking about Sage Freke, dont kill him, he will appear in the nexus and you can learn some good spells from him, in exchange for the archdemons souls.

EDIT: Sorry, Sage Freke is in 3-1, the guy in 3-2 is yurt. I would suggest you kill him, as he will kill all the npc's in the Nexus if you dont.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

weiland79 wrote: »
    Hi guy's i'm doing level 3-2 at the mo. Tower of Latria. If you remember you come across a dude in a cage i've let him out and he is just wandering around. Should i kill him or leave him alone he doesn't seem to be doing me any harm at the moment but i don't want him coming back to haunt me later either.

That's Yurt,
    kill him now...

**** you Demons Souls...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Kiith wrote: »
    **** you Demons Souls...

What happened to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

**** you Demons Souls...

LOLOL, yahtzee. Love it. If you dont know, watch this...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

First thing i learned about DS was what f1ngers said. If he's gone from there, he should appear back in the nexus.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's Yurt,
    kill him now...

What the hell! How unfair is that? How are you supposed to know who to leave alive or kill?
    Luckily i only managed to kill one of the flamelurkers last night so Yurts ass is grass tonight.:D

I fear i may have messed up big time. I've only gone and consumed all my bosses souls. I was just looking at the wiki and it says that i should have exchanged them for spells.

How much of a problem is this?

• Advertisement

Last night wasnt a good night for me and Demon's Souls. Managed to kill the Flamelurker boss with melee, though it was close at times. Then i got killed a **** ton of times on the Dragon God boss, even though i know it shouldnt be that hard. Drove me ****ing mental.

I've calmed down now, and will kill him later.
    What the hell! How unfair is that? How are you supposed to know who to leave alive or kill?
    When in doubt, kill.
    I fear i may have messed up big time. I've only gone and consumed all my bosses souls. I was just looking at the wiki and it says that i should have exchanged them for spells.

How much of a problem is this?
    How far have you gotten? The boss souls are used for new spells and to upgrade your weapons. They give a lot of souls, but you can farm souls anywhere.

I've done the first part of each level i.e 1-1 2-1 3-1 etc. I'm now back around to 3-2 the flame lurker boss. Do the boss souls not give you special spells or is it just that they give you extra souls.

If thats the case then no probs as i have the ring of Avarice equiped so soul farming is pretty quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I've done the first part of each level i.e 1-1 2-1 3-1 etc. I'm now back around to 3-2 the flame lurker boss. Do the boss souls not give you special spells or is it just that they give you extra souls.

If thats the case then no probs as i have the ring of Avarice equiped so soul farming is pretty quick.

Nah, boss souls are used to upgrade your weapons and unlock certain spells. You need the actual boss soul to get these upgrades. Im sure you'll be fine but just keep any future boss souls you get and goggle it to see what weapons and **** you can get with it before using the soul.

cool thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Dragon boss hint, be wery wery qwuiet.

as for the souls, if you're going for the trophies, it'll mean an extra playthough. After that if depends on wahts souls you've eaten or wht kind of character you have, some souls don't give much, some aren't worth much to character type for instance dragon god demons soul is of no real use to a pure melee character. However the on soul you do not want to consume is flamelurkers, it enables you to upgrade weapons with demons souls.

List if what each soul does.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/bosses

Ah 1-1,2-1 and 3-1, your missing the scraping spear which is meh, for 2-1, lavabow, ignite(useless) and firespray(decent spell, allows you to spam mini fireballs pretty fast) and 3-1 has soul ray(handy spell, like soul arrow but it will penetrate through several layers of foes).

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

So close to finishing Maneater maybe 2 more swipes of my sword and he was mine. I decide to take a health herb he jumps up to fly away and catches me with his tail.

I FALL TO MY DEATH!!!!!!!!!

If i had just taken 1 more step away instead of the herb it would have meant his demise.

OH cruel game why do you mock me?

Back to the issue of the game disconnecting from online mode. Can some tell me is there the same problem with european editions as i'm seriously considering double dipping on this as it's wrecking my head.

I've not had any disconnecting issues with my game lately anyway.

It disconnects every time i play after about 1 hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Back to the issue of the game disconnecting from online mode. Can some tell me is there the same problem with european editions as i'm seriously considering double dipping on this as it's wrecking my head.
    I havent played DS in a while but I never once got disconnected during 3 playthroughs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I've been disconnected twice since I got it, definitely not my internet connections fault just happens out of the blue. Pretty stupid the way it exits your game instead of just going directly to offline mode.

Killed the red dragon and the Armor spider last night, both were a piece of p**s. The armor spider was stupidly easy with the thief's ring, took about 12-15 arrows and he was done. Red Dragon took around 50 but that was before I upgraded to the sticky compound long bow.

I ate the Red Dragon's soul as I couldn't find any use for it on the wiki, hope I won't regret it??

The other day I went a bit through level 4-1, killed vanguard (again from long range with the thiefs ring) but after a while I just got scared and thought "I'm prob gona die soon" so I ran back to the start. Def the only game I've played that makes you do stuff like that...

rickyjb wrote: »
    I've been disconnected twice since I got it, definitely not my internet connections fault just happens out of the blue. Pretty stupid the way it exits your game instead of just going directly to offline mode.

Killed the red dragon and the Armor spider last night, both were a piece of p**s. The armor spider was stupidly easy with the thief's ring, took about 12-15 arrows and he was done. Red Dragon took around 50 but that was before I upgraded to the sticky compound long bow.

I ate the Red Dragon's soul as I couldn't find any use for it on the wiki, hope I won't regret it??

The other day I went a bit through level 4-1, killed vanguard (again from long range with the thiefs ring) but after a while I just got scared and thought "I'm prob gona die soon" so I ran back to the start. Def the only game I've played that makes you do stuff like that...

Is yours a European or Asian copy?

Is yours a European or Asian copy?

The European one, bought it off Zavvi a couple of weeks ago.

rickyjb wrote: »

I've done that a few times i have to say. Was in 1-3 for the first time the other night, with about 40k souls, and ran away from the 3 red eye'd knights before the steps to the boss. Glad i did, as a then saved Ostrava earlier in the level, and rescured Biorr and Yuria.

Then Penetrator penetrated me. Over and over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

After reading some of this thread I pulled out my old copy of Demon Souls which had been gathering dust and booted up. All I can say is AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Is it easlier to play as a different character. I am a knight at present and cant get anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Only by watching a stream of DS the other night did I found out you could block Maneater's knock-down attack. Needless to say I'll be going back after a long spell away from it.

Also - and I know it's a dirty, dirty tactic - I'm considering making the Scraping Spear. I'm sick of being invaded in Latria and from now on I'm going to keep it on me to really ruin some armour.
    It's maddening: almost every time I enter Latria I'm invaded where it seldom happens in other worlds. Latria is already bad enough without straining to see some BP against the darkness.

I've done that a few times i have to say. Was in 1-3 for the first time the other night, with about 40k souls, and ran away from the 3 red eye'd knights before the steps to the boss. Glad i did, as a then saved Ostrava earlier in the level, and rescured Biorr and Yuria.

Then Penetrator penetrated me. Over and over :(

It was when I saw a black skeleton dude near the start of 4-1 with two swords guarding some treasure (I had backtracked a bit at this stage). I had zoomed in to shoot him with an arrow before attacking him, then I saw he had fire coming out of his nose and I just thought nah, don't fancy it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Just completed 2-1(armoured spider)which level should I tackle next?tried 1-2 but kept getting cooked by the dragon as I went across the wall.

Went back to my Magician, as the Penetrator was annoying me on my Tower Knight. 1-shotted him with Firestorm, and then went and 1-shotted (twice) Maneater. Christ that spell is overpowered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Went back to my Magician, as the Penetrator was annoying me on my Tower Knight. 1-shotted him with Firestorm, and then went and 1-shotted (twice) Maneater. Christ that spell is overpowered.
    He must have a crazy Magic stat! I think my magic based character had a stat about 30 when fighting those two and it took maybe 3 or 4 Firestorms.

Advertisement