Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah well, if I get it consider your face licked! I'm not going to suffer in silence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Do you guys use the forum over @ whatsthelan at all :confused:

I registered tonight (ok I am a postgrad not sure if it is even geared towards us at all) and it appears to be dead!

First thing that struck me is the forum format - it is not the best.

Boards.ie style is far far better. I run my own forum in this style and it is so much easier to navigate etc.

I also have a blog with 100,000+ hits so if anyone wants any advice regarding getting the site/forum in gear then feel free to ask.

I don't get Mary I students sometimes...it is a great idea and it appears to be dying a slow death...

Yeah, I'm on there, I tried to keep it going for a while there, but I hate the software the forum uses, and this thread is kinda comfy so...

Also, I have a blog with over 60 hits, so ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

never even been on the forum to be honest!!
    oooh blog competition.... onion, i thought you liked maths :p

on tp we are on risk for EVERYTHING!! some of my kids had nits the last week, they like to get sick on their tables randomly, they are always coughing in my face.. its a miracle im still standing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Trellchem_HPS.jpg

Hi Kids! For todays lesson I will be showing you all how to shave your heads and clean up your own puke.:D

• Advertisement

never even been on the forum to be honest!!
    oooh blog competition.... onion, i thought you liked maths :p
    Whoooooooooooooooo are you?! (who-hoo, who-hoo!) :eek:
    on tp we are on risk for EVERYTHING!! some of my kids had nits the last week, they like to get sick on their tables randomly, they are always coughing in my face.. its a miracle im still standing!

Clean up on isle 4

still havn't figured out who i am??
    hmmm clues.... i'm a girl.... i'm a b.ed... i hate the course but really want to be a teacher.... ammm blue eyes brown hair... average height blahdiblah...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

still havn't figured out who i am??
    hmmm clues.... i'm a girl.... i'm a b.ed... i hate the course but really want to be a teacher.... ammm blue eyes brown hair... average height blahdiblah...

Brighid?

and you even know how to spell it?!? wowza I'm impressed :D:D

......and also a little embarassed that i havn't figured out who you are yet :(
    what group u in again?

After some investigation, I have figured it out!
    Hello Tommy :D

• Advertisement

Oooh, she's good! It was driving me mad, and now finally I know who An file is! :p

EDIT: OOooooooh, that Brighid! I asked An File if it was you (you being one of the few girls in the college who might know what boards is) and he said no! Bold An File!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    OOooooooh, that Brighid!

How many Brighid's do you know?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭PYRO#1

Hi guys im looking for someone to share an apartment near limerick city center not too far from mary i.
    Where the best place to put up an notice about it?

How many Brighid's do you know?!?!?

Oh, loads and loads, it's a very common name donchaknow? :D
    PYRO#1 wrote: »
    Hi guys im looking for someone to share an apartment near limerick city center not too far from mary i.
    Where the best place to put up an notice about it?

Pretty sure there's a dedicated billboard in the college now, near the main entrance to the art room. What year are you in?

Im in 2nd year in LIT.
    Never been to Mary I before so i dont know where the notice board is.
    I might pop down tomorrow and try to find it, Im sure the nice people there wont let me get lost:D

juuust in case the nice people of mary i arnt so helpful, if you go in the main entrace, walk straight through reception out the door that will be facing you when you walk in, the notice board should be on your left just as you walk through the doors!

Excellent thank you both:D

So, eed (that's what I'm calling you from now on because your screen name is too long, that's some tattoo you've got there ;) Oh search, how I did miss you while you were away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

After some investigation, I have figured it out!
    Hello Tommy :D

Howdy! :)
    EDIT: OOooooooh, that Brighid! I asked An File if it was you (you being one of the few girls in the college who might know what boards is) and he said no! Bold An File!

Eh, wha'? That never happened :confused:

An File wrote: »
    Eh, wha'? That never happened :confused:

It so did! Honestly!

• Advertisement

So, eed (that's what I'm calling you from now on because your screen name is too long, that's some tattoo you've got there ;) Oh search, how I did miss you while you were away.

why thankyou :D i love it alright! it's one of many!
    i've gotta go with an file here, i seriously doubt u had any idea who i was haha

Listen, An File's a little... y'know *taps temple*. You can't trust him. I mean look at the forum he mods, it's about hormones. He's hormonal! Look at my forum, it's got guitars AND Rock Bands. Much cooler. Stick with me eed and we'll go far :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Not that either of you appears to be able to muster enough Mary I people to have an embryonic viable forum so I'm not sure now is the time for a penis waving competition in any case....:p <moves off shiftily with a compulsory cackle>:pac:

Meh, I accepted the pointlessness of a Mary I forum a long time ago, I'm more than happy with the sticky. It's much harder to muster Mary I people to do something on the internet than you'd think. They think the scary internetz box in the corner is a glorified facebook machine. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I don't think it's ever not time for a penis waving competition. ;)

On a side note, I don't think it's ever not time for a penis waving competition. ;)

We'd probably get a bigger audience for one of those than Ciarraioch got for the, ahem, flash "mob" this week :D

What was this?! Do tell!

I am intrigued also...

From his Facebook page earlier this week:
    At ten to one tomorrow outside the library in the reception area, you'll hear the word FIGHT being shouted, and pick a teddy bear and show your support!!!! When you hear SCATTER you leave slowly!! FLASH MOB TELL ALL...

Followed by...
    well that was an epic fail

LOL

Epic fail is EPIC! Although I am disappointed that flash didn't mean nudity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

To clear all this up:
    Myself and a few others in my class said it would be a pretty cool thing to do.
    But then like most things in mary i, most people agree to participate, but then don't show.
    So the person who suggested we use 2 teddys never bothered to bring teddys. Meaning the original plan couldn't be followed.
    We had about 15 people; none of whom really wanted to embarrass themselves....(sigh)...

Its all these small things that are making me hate this college..
    (and to be fair I was one of its but supporters up to this semester)

Advertisement