Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That's good too!
    PS: You know how to read spoilers right?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Lads, try and tone down the 'mocking courses' thing

Don't want another 'HPSS debate' going on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

... as well as what Peteee said, you like having your Mary I thread open?

Keep that in mind. I don't have a particular interest in policing Mary I so I'll just remove access from the UL board hosting it for anyone who acts the maggot and hence makes me do so.

Peteee wrote: »
    Lads, try and tone down the 'mocking courses' thing

Don't want another 'HPSS debate' going on here!

Most of my best friends are in the arts course, there's a constant back and forth between in us, and it's all in good nature, but that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Most of my best friends are in the arts course, there's a constant back and forth between in us, and it's all in good nature, but that's fair enough.

That's true, it's all just a bit of banter, and in the current climate no one is guaranteed a job when they leave Mary I!

But the mods are probably on to something, because what may start out as banter may turn into something nasty. Online forums have a funny habit of going that way:confused: Whereas you could have a slagging match down the street or in a pub and just laugh it off, weird....

• Advertisement

No, they're both right, and I apologise to those offended by the post.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    No, they're both right, and I apologise to those offended by the post.
    Apology not accepted, I propose a public execution in LG9 on Monday morning
    (I would suggest An Tailteann, but it's a bit of a trek for a lot of people)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Alright fair enough.... It's the usual in Mary I though,wierd to hear it taken seriously but I understand!!

And arts students can give as good as they get I usually find haha

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Those B.Ed and Psychs, who the hell do they think they are?

HA! shup :P

So do any of the b.eds feel like sending me on some senior tp stuff?

Oh yes, senior TP. What class did you get?

• Advertisement

6th class in scoil íde in corbally
    looks like a half decent school!

[HTML]http://www.scoilide.ie/[/HTML]

ah senior tp.... feels like so long ago!!
    when does it start?? ill send you on stuff if you give me an email address and tell me what you want!

6th class in scoil íde in corbally
    looks like a half decent school!

[HTML]http://www.scoilide.ie/[/HTML]

You don't need to wrap URL's in code, unless you want to embed them into to text, like this. In which case, type your thing, highlight it, press this icon createlink.gif and enter the URL :)

That's a hell of a website they have for themselves though!

oooh dont you spend way too much time on the internet :p haha
    oh and nope, dont know how t read spoilers, do enlighten me though :D

You highlight the text ;) While I do spend way too much time one the internet, knowing how to embed a URL shouldn't have been your clue, that's fairly common knowledge. The 4chan story should have been, or the fact that I'm currently watching a SF4 tourney live online.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/fadc-live

Ha thanks for the tutorial Paul!
    I knew it looked wrong, but wasn't sure how I was meant to do it...

Visit tomorrow, start the actual teaching tomorrow week!
    Here is hoping for an interactive whiteboard; that would make things so much easier :D

They truly are amazing, save on so much chart paper.

good luck with the visit :D
    i've never had an iwb :( but i do have a projector this time, which is awesome i must say :D the kids think we make movies.... sshhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

anyone know how many places there are available in liberal arts for people who have completed a fetac course? thanks in advance!

anyone know how many places there are available in liberal arts for people who have completed a fetac course? thanks in advance!
    I don't think they are any, but if you are applying as a mature student it would probably stand to you in the application process. Check out the prospectus which you can download from the Mary I website, and it may tell you more about FETAC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 micmuinteoir

Hi there! I am a MIC student too. 3rd year Bed. What r u all thinking of doing for this ped op? R any of them interesting do u tink?

Welcome!! perfect time to join, second last week of TP :D

i put down SEN with Anne O Byrne as my first choice, but they say we never get first choice!

yeah - I know a few doin' that. I like the topic but think she mite just be too dark 4 me. After all this TP i am lukin' for something a bit more laid back. I put down maths ... not sure if it was a gud idea. depends. Ouch!

What do u mean bydark??
    Ya I expect it will be tough work alrigh but sure it's only one more semester il have to hack it for,might as well go all out haha
    What group are u in anyways??

I just mean I never see her smile! Don't know if I could take it for 4 hours a week for a semester. Probably learn a lot tho.

You r rite - just one more semester - yeah!

How is TP goin? I just can't wait to get the third visit done.

Hi micmuinteoir, welcome to the thread, the forum, and to boards.ie in general. You should take a look at the chater of a specific forum before posting in it, "UL"s one is here

Just a quick note ;)
    Posting in "rtrd"
    - Using txtspk n ur psts is cnsdrd been rlly stpd cuz u hv qwert kbd n ur pc so xpct 2 b wrnd. Please don't do this, this is not a bannable offence but repeat offenders might be "asked" to take a break from posting.

[/takes off welcoming hat :)]

So yeah, hey! My TP is going well, I've had 2 visits now, the first one was bad and the second one was great, so that's good. I just want to get out the other side at this stage.

For Ped-op I'm doing what you'd expect from a proper nerd and doing multimedia authoring and web design, as is ciarraiochONE.

What group are you in?

Ouch! I feel my wrist slapped over the text speak!

No no, don't, I'm just saying it to you before someone who's actually in charge says it! I've no say here in UL, it's more of a cautionary welcome, as if you're going to post else where (like say, in Guitar Hero & Rock Band :P), some moderators will take less kindly to it than others :) Seriously, not a wrist slap :D If you're new to message boards, head over here, you'll get a bit more help.

Now answer our questions! You can dodge them no more!

Yeah I am totally dodging the group question - a little bit of anonymity is nice isn't it? Don't you feel like big brother is always watching you in Mary I? Nice to be invisible for a while!

• Advertisement

earleuginedoyle (EED) tried the whole anonymous thing too, but there is no hiding from me or An File, you will slip, and we will figure out who you are! Where did you hear about this thread?

Advertisement