Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

This just in, controversy strikes the SU as claims of rule bending and cliquey-ness throw the organisation into disarray :p

Moving swiftly on, who's going to the wired launch party tonight in bakers? We can turn into a Mary I forum thread meet up!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

Damn it, didn't know it was on! and i was gonna head to bakers and all but decided against it and am now home! have a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

psychology is my excuse....how i hate psychology lately!

Well if they were advertising that there was an amnesty soc I guess it was a rational decision to allow an amnesty soc to be set up with fewer members than the rules require...

Baker's was packed and class. Good stuff!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Indeed it was! Pity not to see more Mary I faces though.

• Advertisement

or any faces from wired FM for that matter :rolleyes:

try again tomorrow night :rolleyes:
    can't guarentee more mary i faces... but i'll be there! haha
    'nu killa beats' is meant to be on but if not, should be a good night anyway haha

Do you mean tonight or tomorrow night?

i mean Saturday night! shall ye be there?

Nope I'll be back in Clare. Ah well, your identity will have to be revealed some other time. An File might be there though

• Advertisement

i never knew you were from Clare! i'm from Clare too!
    anyways, i guess it'l have to be after TP then!

You learn something new everyday eh?:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm under a bit of pressure to hit Baker Place on Saturday night, if anyone else is interested. Dolan's is the place to be tonight though :)

whats on in bakers tonight (Sat)?

dolans was class last night! Delorentos gig was pretty cool:D

It was new killer beats, a drum and bass night. BRILLIANT!! ye missed out!
    theres another one in 3 weeks :D

Meant to say
    GOOD LUCK
    to all the 3rd year b.eds & 4th year b.ed psychs
    who just started their home teaching practice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

G'Luck indeed! They start on Monday?!...Sur all they have to do is get through the week and it's Mid-Term already! Didn't have that in my day..5 straight weeks! Favourite TP though.

And take it from someone who has been there done that, your TP results won't be the deciding factor for getting employment!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Lads how many of you rent accommodation near the college? Thinking of moving out of home myself but I have never rented before and I am not sure if I could even afford it. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭fippy

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    cool, thanks, just wondering is all, whats the crack like in Limerick? much like societies in Mary I? Is it really worth the 400 points you'd want to get? hmmm

If your a guy i dont think the societies in MARY I are what will spur you on to get 400 points.

What will give you that drive is the fact that there are 9 women to every man in the college.

enjoy college!!

;)

RonMexico wrote: »
    Lads how many of you rent accommodation near the college? Thinking of moving out of home myself but I have never rented before and I am not sure if I could even afford it. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated!

I too would appreciate info on this, I'm hoping to get somewhere nearer the college for semester 2.

• Advertisement

I'd say max rent I could afford would be €60-€65 per week and I'd only be looking to rent for the 2nd semster

the only places i know of that you could get into for only the second semester would be the likes of city campus and what not and youl be driven mad there and tis more expensive than that...

Surely there are housing type places not specifiaclly for students that could be rented?!
    An File wrote: »
    I too would appreciate info on this, I'm hoping to get somewhere nearer the college for semester 2.
    RonMexico wrote: »
    I'd say max rent I could afford would be €60-€65 per week and I'd only be looking to rent for the 2nd semster

I too am looking for 2nd semester acc. You guys thinking what I'm thinking? ;)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Surely there are housing type places not specifiaclly for students that could be rented?!

I too am looking for 2nd semester acc. You guys thinking what I'm thinking? ;)

Robot House!

:D

What subjects do you guys do? I'm a tutor...:D

I'm doing teaching with English, Poet man is doing teaching with Irish. What do you tutor in?

One of those :pac:

I'm living in a house about 4min from college and its costing about 85 a week in rent.
    Ashdown won't take people for one semester and it would be 95+ per week..

All the houses across from the gym (alandale etc) cost over 100 a week..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

It's true,if your going for college accomodation, as in just for a semester otl cost ye but if ye can go for longer term acc ye could probably get it cheaper

• Advertisement

This news displeases me...

Advertisement