Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You people worry me... >_>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The thread has just headed in a whole new direction...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

dambarude wrote: »
    The thread has just headed in a whole new direction...

The direction of 33B it seems. I'm going in a hour early tomorrow to try it out with a pack of toffee crisp clusters. I will write up a field report of my experience if there is the interest.

if there is the interest.

There is!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

I will write up a field report of my experience if there is the interest.

I'll second that one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Did someone say Taco Chips? OM NOM!

How did the first day go lads?

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    How did the first day go lads?

Oh yes, I meant to say good luck to all those starting home tp today. Though I know the real work doesn't start until two weeks time;)

Oh yes, I meant to say good luck to all those starting home tp today. Though I know the real work doesn't start until two weeks time;)

Thanks, although I feel like the real work has already begun. I'm still trying to figure out how it's physically possible to create that many lesson plans in such a short space of time. Should have started preparing MONTHS ago!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

RibenaHead wrote: »
    Thanks, although I feel like the real work has already begun. I'm still trying to figure out how it's physically possible to create that many lesson plans in such a short space of time. Should have started preparing MONTHS ago!!

Eventually you'll be able to start using previous plans as templates. Change the dates and times as the week progresses, and you'll know what other material to edit yourself.

Good luck to everybody graduating tomorrow and Friday:)

• Advertisement

That's me! WOOOOO!

How goes Home TP Ribenahead/Ciar....ch/others?

That's me! WOOOOO!

Congrats to D4RK, IO and EED on the upcoming graduation!
    How goes Home TP Ribenahead/Ciar....ch/others?

TP's going alright. Taught my first two lessons today. Think it will be easier to teach once I get into the swing of things but really not looking forward to the pressure mounting as the paperwork looms! AAAHH!

The paperwork is far and away the worst part. You'll be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Typical, the live stream thingy for the graduation went down right before it started!

http://www.mic.ul.ie/graduation2010/livestream.htm

Typical, the live stream thingy for the graduation went down right before it started!

http://www.mic.ul.ie/graduation2010/livestream.htm

It's good that they try, but any streamed video that I've tried to watch was pretty crap.

It's on now, absolutely breath taking stuff, I'm surprised SKY didn't snap it up:D

Seriously though, well done to all involved....:)

It's good that they try, but any streamed video that I've tried to watch was pretty crap.

I take it back, it's working now as munsterdevil pointed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Congratulations to everyone that is graduating today.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

is the grad live stream working cos all im seeing is the back of peoples heads with no sound

lighthouse wrote: »
    is the grad live stream working cos all im seeing is the back of peoples heads with no sound
    The stream begins at 3.30, not 3.00, but the graduands have to be sitting down for 3.00

• Advertisement

its working there now with sound :)

Lot of religious talk...

Didn't think the graduation would involve that. I can see why it does though.

That annoyed me a fair bit this morning alright.

That annoyed me a fair bit this morning alright.

Are you not celebrating somewhere?!:D

I went out for a nice lunch, but I have to work in Thomond Park this evening! The celebrations will resume tonight ;)

If EW is reading, he did some good name-calling today and yesterday. A real pro!

If EW is reading, he did some good name-calling today and yesterday. A real pro!

Indeed he did and I'm sure he is reading. I was watching him on dinternet ;)

How was your week of observation lighthouse?

How was your week of observation lighthouse?

I'm blessed with the class and the class teacher. No complaints. Only complaint I have right now is that I have a load of work to do. :mad:

• Advertisement

At least you have time off to do it. Imagine what it would be like if there was no mid-term next week.

It's still a pretty formidable amount of work to do though, the planning that is. I've found it bad enough this far, and that was when I was only teaching half the day.

Advertisement