Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

lighthouse wrote: »
    That was a conversation stopper, no posts in the last 24 hours :(

I'll whisper this post in case I stop any more conversations:(

Anything one could converse about?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

Anyone know whats going on with mic email?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

dambarude wrote: »
    I'll whisper this post in case I stop any more conversations:(

Anything one could converse about?

Don't know, we certainly got good mileage out of Brian Cowen last week ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Don't know, we certainly got good mileage out of Brian Cowen last week ;)
    Let's talk about Brian Lenihan on Vincent Browne and anglo?

Wait no, let's not :p

I tried the link on misu.ie but can't get in but it's working fine if you use the link on whatsthelan.com

• Advertisement

Tragedy wrote: »
    Let's talk about Brian Lenihan on Vincent Browne and anglo?

Wait no, let's not :p

let's wait for the Late Late and see if we are inspired :p

EMAIL:

1.) Go to www.webmail.mic.ul.ie
    2.) Username= micstudent\xxxx.xxxxx
    3.) Password= as usual

This works for me anyway.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

It should be working fine on misu.ie. Just checked it there and there was an error but it should be fixed now.

Sorry about that!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It should be working fine on misu.ie. Just checked it there and there was an error but it should be fixed now.

Sorry about that!

How does one go about getting their e-mail set up this year? I can access the LAN, but I haven't set up a password or anything for my e-mails yet.

I'm only in the college two evenings a week so I haven't been into any of the computer rooms yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

@IO, log onto college computers then go into Outlook and it'll automatically configure. After that, use this link

• Advertisement

Am I imagining things or has this forum gone quiet since people started requesting a separate Mary I forum :confused:

Ssshhh, don't say that!

This time last week we had loads of talk about Brian Cowen, we must think of something else.

I gather you're going on TP soon Lighthouse, how do you feel about that?

Ssshhh, don't say that!

This time last week we had loads of talk about Brian Cowen, we must think of something else.

I gather you're going on TP soon Lighthouse, how do you feel about that?

Hey,
    I'm feeling pretty good about that at the moment. May not be saying that this time in 4 weeks before our 4 week block but then again might be so fired up that I'll need tranquilizers to calm me :D

Hey,
    I'm feeling pretty good about that at the moment. May not be saying that this time in 4 weeks before our 4 week block but then again might be so fired up that I'll need tranquilizers to calm me :D

Bhuel tá roinnt ama agat i gcomhair ullmhúcháin mar sin!

Have you a school in the Limerick area?

EDIT: B'in é mo 900ú post!

Bhuel tá roinnt ama agat i gcomhair ullmhúcháin mar sin!

Have you a school in the Limerick area?

Beidh mé i nGaillimh, scoil buachaillí agus tá rang a dó agam

Beidh mé i nGaillimh, scoil buachaillí agus tá rang a dó agam

Cathair na Gaillimhe, an ea?

Is deas an áit í Gaillimh, caithfidh mé rá;).

Bhí rang a 2 agam sa chéad bhliain, cailíní a bhí ann áfach. Is rang deas é, tá léamh agus scríobh acu ach tá siad réasúnta soineanta fós.

Cathair na Gaillimhe, an ea?

Is deas an áit í Gaillimh, caithfidh mé rá;).

Bhí rang a 2 agam sa chéad bhliain, cailíní a bhí ann áfach. Is rang deas é, tá léamh agus scríobh acu ach tá siad réasúnta soineanta fós.

Sin é go díreach agus tá gaeilge maith agat ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Has anyone else noticed the revolting smell as you walk down towards Summerville? I swear there is a body buried under the footpath or something :(

Sin é go díreach agus tá gaeilge maith agat ;)

GRMA, níl do chuidse ródhona ach an oiread:)
    Has anyone else noticed the revolting smell as you walk down towards Summerville? I swear there is a body buried under the footpath or something :(

Well we are in Limerick:rolleyes::p. Stab city and all that.

I didn't notice the smell. I was around the college this evening and didn't notice anything, but I wasn't too close to Summerville. In fact I haven't been near or in Summerville at all this year, I've no lectures/tutorials in it. Nearly everything is in Teamhair. What have they done with the vacated computer rooms in Summerville do you know?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well we are in Limerick:rolleyes::p. Stab city and all that.

*Hides from the wrath of IO*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I have no power here >.<

*plots evil*

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I have no power here >.<

*plots evil*

I see some people are burning the midnight oil. :eek:

I have no power here >.<

*plots evil*

I thought that that the :rolleyes: and :p made it clear that I in no way endorse that image of Limerick. If it offends anybody here, I didn't intend it to.

Speaking of Limerick's image. I feel much safer on a night out in Limerick than I do in Cork City. Also, I've seen more violence on a night out in my little West Cork town than in either city. I know quite a few friends who were wary to visit me in Limerick due to the bad name - it's ridiculous really!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I thought that that the :rolleyes: and :p made it clear that I in no way endorse that image of Limerick. If it offends anybody here, I didn't intend it to.

Ah no, I know you didn't mean anything, I was only joking :)

I feel pretty safe walking around Limerick. Funnily enough I went 3 years without even a drunken student annoying me and then on my last night out, IO, secondhanddress and I were jumped by some young ruffians. It would have to be the last night out :P

Ah no, I know you didn't mean anything, I was only joking :)

Phew! Darn internet aspergers!

Funnily enough I went 3 years without even a drunken student annoying me

Now that's an outright lie! I've annoyed you plenty of times while.... eh... chemically inconvenienced!

Funnily enough I went 3 years without even a drunken student annoying me and then on my last night out, IO, secondhanddress and I were jumped by some young ruffians. It would have to be the last night out :P

Talking about violence in Limerick, I spent 3 years there with no problems. The only thing that happened to me was that the aerial and cap for the hitch electrics on my car were broken one night. At the time I suspected it was "organised" by people in my estate cos I was a bit short one day with the guy from the residents committee who was complaining about all the cars that used to be parked outsite our house, 4. I felt we had a right to park them there cos we were paying €1500 a month for the house.
    On being attacked in Limerick one of my friends came to Limerick for a night out with a friend from Waterford last May, the last night he was going to be in Limerick. Anyway his friend was attacked by I think 3 guys, late teens. Both of them made a run for it and a passing taxi driver picked them up and brought them to Henry St. garda station. While they were in the Garda station the guards brought in the guys that had carried out the attack. I don't know what if anything came of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Faust1

Summerville is now primarily for post grads as far as I know.

• Advertisement

I think Ped Op selection time will be coming up soon. I know there was some discussion on it about 50 pages back, but has anyone any advice on which would be a good one to do? And how exactly do they decide which one you do?

Advertisement