Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Congrats to all the graduates!
    but I have to work in Thomond Park this evening!
    Great win - g'wan Munster! Really needed a designated non-TP night!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It was some match! Perfect evening to follow a graduation. Delighted to see Mike Sherry get that fifth try. I went to school with him :pac:

Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the ball tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

It was some match! Perfect evening to follow a graduation. Delighted to see Mike Sherry get that fifth try. I went to school with him :pac:

Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the ball tomorrow now.

I saw you on Dinternet yesterday. ;)

lighthouse wrote: »
    I saw you on Dinternet yesterday. ;)

STALKER!! :P

RibenaHead wrote: »
    STALKER!! :P

Oh I'm the man allright. All I can say is whatever about TP can't wait for the X factor tonight. :D

• Advertisement

RE: X-Factor

AGREED, Lighthouse! X-Factor and pizza to take my mind off T.P. for a while. Hope the prep's going well for you. I planned on having three schemes done today. Unfortunately, all I've done is gone to the Crescent and made out a checklist of what documents I have to print each week of T.P.

i'm on my 3rd maths lesson plan for today set an aim of doing 5 and scheme so must knuckle down.Tomorrow I'll be up at the crack of dawn.:D
    Hint, hint EW I am working hard seriously.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I just got home from the Mary I Grad Ball 2010. Well done to all involved. It really was a fantastic night.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

From what I can tell, dambarude spends a lot of his internet time scouring boards for anything pertaining to Mary I and Primary School Teaching, and helping them out. Some man :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    From what I can tell, dambarude spends a lot of his internet time scouring boards for anything pertaining to Mary I and Primary School Teaching, and helping them out. Some man :D

That or using Boards as an excuse for dodging my psychology coursework... hmmm, I wonder which it is?!:D

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Yes indeed! There's dedication to the cause!

"And the nominees for most helpful Mary I boardsie are...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Faust1

According to my esteemed girl friend, the tickets were over priced for the quality of food that was served.

I guess there was also a band to pay for, and a DJ, and the hotel and kitchen staff. All adds up!

I guess there was also a band to pay for, and a DJ, and the hotel and kitchen staff. All adds up!

The Strand Hotel is a new hotel isn't it. I'm sure Mr. Bank manager had to be paid as well. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It is not a real graduation ball unless the food is awful :D

Same complaint every year, no matter where it is held.

I had the chicken and loved it. Didn't get enough food on the plate, but the lad beside me didn't want his veg so I got double carrots, broccoli and turnip :D
    I heard good things about the fish as well.

But, I did hear a few complaints about the vegetarian option. I can't remember the exact problems though!

Speaking of the grad/ball... I found it so strange to see all of the people that started college in the same year as me in the pics. I really felt like I should have been there. It's going to be strange next year, not having that gang around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mojorex

Can someone tell me whats wrong with the link on the MISU website for topping up our student cards it keeps saying an error has occured??

@mojorex

My computer gives me a warning and I can get through by clicking, "proceed anyway"

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Hi folks!

I hope all is well. I am just wondering for those of you who are still MIC students, would any of you be interested/know anyone who would be interested in joining an Enviromental Society?

Like any other societies their activities can vary but the idea behind setting one up is that enviromental awareness should be created on a student level. There is an Enviromental Committee on a Management level but the students are the biggest cohort and its an area that needs student involvement. Spread the word anyway and the sign up sheet can be found in the SU.

On a seperate note, don't forget to sign up in the SU for the National Student Protest in Dublin next Wednesday Novemeber 3rd. Its against the possible cutbacks to 3rd level education in the Budget. Free buses provided and all colleges are attending.

Have a great weekend!

• Advertisement

The only thing that worries me about the protest is the figures that are being bandied about. The fact that the €3000 figure is being mentioned so much is creating something of an expectation. Which could lead the government to setting the number at that "since we're expecting it anyway...".

Massive shout out to all my fellow B. Ed. and Psychs and 3rd year B. Ed.s who're starting hope T.P. this week. Roll on November 26th!

Best of luck everyone! Work hard, but remember to stay in contact with friends and stuff too :)

Good luck everybody! I hope they don't bite!:pac:

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

I can see your point on the €3,000 issue. That has been questioned before but at this stage in the game that figure has went nationwide as it is the expected jump in reality.

A thought occurred to me this morning as I was having a scone in the canteen. Why is there a seperate staff eating area in the canteen? It's makes it all so seperatist and is a real throw back to the time when MIC was an actual convent. I just don't get it. I understand that the staff need their privacy but they do have their own staff room, why the need for a private canteen too?

I can just imagine them in there munching on huge cuts of meat, swigging wine from gold goblets and nibbling at bunches of grapes!

You've a point, but a lot of the staff don't seem to use the room anyway. I often see lecturers eating in the main room.

I suppose they might want to discuss college issues in some privacy while they eat, I don't know. I am sure the people doing the B.Ed will agree that they won't always want to eat their lunch with the pupils in their class!

The canteen tends to be very busy at between twelve and two as well, so I'd say giving the staff their own section guarantees them a seat at lunchtime.

The difference is though, that in school the students are kids whereas in college we're all 'adults'.

I really think that it's something that needs to be looked at. After all Fianna Fail did dispense with their Galway Races tent...

What is the official MIC party line?

• Advertisement

If that's all you have to be worried about you must be having an easy time of it with course-work ;)

Advertisement