Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Are we off tomorrow and wednesday? :confused:

College is as normal tomorrow and Wednesday, ie. lectures will go ahead.

As pointed out though, some lecturers may not be able to attend if they're involved in the open days in any way but you'll have to go along to the class to see if the lecturer is there. Most will be in class though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

The college looked great today for the open day- new building and the sun shining.

Much better than last year- building site and rain.

On another note, that canteen survey is way too long, I can't see many people filling it. It's not worth the free cup of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

dambarude wrote: »
    On another note, that canteen survey is way too long, I can't see many people filling it. It's not worth the free cup of tea!

Couldn't agree more. Gave up on page 4! Don't know why I even did that much - I don't drink tea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Barkwater

RibenaHead wrote: »
    Gave up on page 4!

I should have given up on page 4! Suffered through 'til the end and saw that all I was getting was a tea voucher.... grrr! What if people don't drink tea?! (Shocker!)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Barkwater wrote: »
    all I was getting was a tea voucher.... grrr! What if people don't drink tea?! (Shocker!)

Can I have your tea voucher? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think I'm the only Mary I student ever who didn't like tea. Manky, manky tea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The feeling of walking out of An Siopa in the break between lectures with a warm cup of tea in one hand and a Fair Trade chocolate bar in the other was one of the few things I used to love about the place! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

D4RK ONION wrote: »

Ah, go on, go on, go on
    GO ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

You're wrong! Barkwater and I are also avid non-tea-drinkers!

The feeling of walking out of An Siopa in the break between lectures with a warm cup of tea in one hand and a Fair Trade chocolate bar in the other was one of the few things I used to love about the place! :D

I echo your sentiments:D

And getting every fifth tea free with your loyalty card is good too!

• Advertisement

Isn't it so exciting the miners coming out of the mine in Chile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The college looked great today for the open day- new building and the sun shining.

Much better than last year- building site and rain.

The campus really looked well this week. Amazing what a bit of sun can do.

And yes that survey was ridiculous. When it got to page 4 I lost the will to live.
    Couldn't agree more. Gave up on page 4! Don't know why I even did that much - I don't drink tea!

Did somebody say they don't drink tea!!!

SHUN THE HERETIC :D

Oh yes! The dark chocolate is bloody gorgeous. I normally hate dark chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Barkwater

You're not alone - I still continue to refuse to drink the stuff despite my housemates' best efforts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ruth_kirwan

Hi Guys,

I am part of the team that run Mary Immaculate

I agree the survey is long but for 5min of your time - you will reap the benefits. YOU are being asked what YOU want from your college!

Changes will be made to the restaurants on campus over the year and we want to make sure that students have their say!

HEED THIS WARNING.......IF WE DON'T GET A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE OTHER PEOPLE WILL BE DECIDING WHAT CHANGES ARE MADE TO THE CAMPUS DINING FACILITIES.

YOU HAVE A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO INFLUENCE WHAT CHANGES ARE MADE TO YOUR CAMPUS FACILITIES. USE IT WISELY......

(Find the survey on the Student Union Website)

The Team at Mary I. :)

That's a good point.

There is one particularly bad thing about the survey aside from its length. You can't just leave an option blank, which means you have to fill in '0' for every question it asks. One of the pages has 15-20 questions on how many times you eat at a certain time of the day or some such. I had to click on something like 50 boxes to enter a '0' into them before I could get on to the next page. If you could change so that you just fill in the boxes that actually apply to you it would be much easier to fill in. Either that or change the responses boxes so that they are automatically set at 0, and you just change the ones that apply. (People who actually filled in the survey should know what I mean on this one hopefully).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ruth_kirwan

Thanks a million for your feedback. I will look to get this changed ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I don't understand why the Tara Building didn't come with a restaurant/cafe area. Eating in the same place everyday is boring.

I don't understand why the Tara Building didn't come with a restaurant/cafe area. Eating in the same place everyday is boring.

The people who ran the canteen did a focus group and that was one of the points that us students made. We said that there should at least be a café/deli in the new building so that you don't always have to walk all the way back to the existing canteen between lectures...

I actually thought that there would be a café/deli until I saw the video tour on youtube during the summer. Even if it was being run by the same company as the canteen it would be a change. Preferably it wouldn't be run by the same company though, monopolies aren't good.

You can always try the venues near the College to eat in like Punch's, Fennessy's or Scott's for a change of scene :D

• Advertisement

lighthouse wrote: »
    You can always try the venues near the College to eat in like Punch's, Fennessy's or Scott's for a change of scene :D

It's not the same thing though- you wouldn't always have the time to leave the college to go to these places, be they closeby or not. I usually wouldn't bother leaving the college to eat (unless I'm going home). Especially if it's raining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Eating in the same place everyday is boring.

I often buy a sandwich and eat it in really strange places to mix things up. I once climbed into a wheelie bin on New Street and ate my BLT inside it, no one had any idea. I also had a ham and mustard sandwich in my attic surrounded by a ring of candles . Planning on climbing up a crane this week with a bacon double cheeseburger.

If you want somewhere strange you should give the meditation room a try...

Are you allowed bring taco chips in there?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are you allowed bring taco chips in there?

Probably not, but I doubt anyone would actually stop you!

Might pop into that room during the week, it's been ages since I've used it.

Probably not, but I doubt anyone would actually stop you!

Might pop into that room during the week, it's been ages since I've used it.

If you see a guy in there with taco chips don't be shy and ask for a few. I can never finish a full serving. Is there two meditation rooms? I heard there was one with religious symbols and one without. If that's the case, which one is better of you want a quiet place to eat a meal?

Oh dear, I read that as "mas***bation room" at first glance! Mary I's been a bit less Catholic with the free condoms, but a room dedicated to that might be a little step too far! :O

If you look at the map in your student journal you'll see where the two are. Looking at it now, there's the symbol free one in 33B (near the computer room) and there's the one in the corridor beside the church.

EDIT: @Ribenahead, that's a very progressive suggestion, let's not get ahead of ourselves!

Oh dear, I read that as "mas***bation room" at first glance!

The last place I would want to eat chips is in a masturbation room.

• Advertisement

The last place I would want to eat chips is in a masturbation room.

Honestly, that's garlic mayo!

Advertisement