Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chit Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

dambarude wrote: »
    Tá signature nua agam!

Interesting. Not quite sure if that is a complement or not. I suspect not by the tongue but then if you look at the main page of misu.ie there are plenty of students sticking out their tongues so it mustn't be that bad.

Tragedy wrote: »
    Not at all. Blaming Coveney for Cowens performance is ridiculous. Blaming Coveney(not solely mind, but he had a huge part to play) for using his heightened profile to imply Cowen was drunk/hungover isn't. Is it?

I think as dambarude echoed it is best to apportion blame at the source. I agree that his comments probably did add fuel to the fire but if the fire hadn't been lit in the first place it would never have got out of control. Do you not agree?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

lighthouse wrote: »
    Interesting. Not quite sure if that is a complement or not. I suspect not by the tongue but then if you look at the main page of misu.ie there are plenty of students sticking out their tongues so it mustn't be that bad.

Well it was meant to be more 'tongue in cheek' but...

I think I might change it to another photo. Hang on....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I think as dambarude echoed it is best to apportion blame at the source. I agree that his comments probably did add fuel to the fire but if the fire hadn't been lit in the first place it would never have got out of control. Do you not agree?
    Of course. I don't know why Brian Cowen is Taoiseach, he hasn't done a single thing and the government and our economy has been riding on Brian Lenihan for the last however long.

If he was intelligent and getting the job done, I could excuse poor interpersonal skills and tv presence. But he doesn't seem to offer anything, and my suspicion is he remains Taoiseach because no-one else wants it, and FF can use him to try hold on to power for as long as possible with none of the current possibilities being tarnished with the Recession for the rest of their lives.
    A bit like Harney still being Health Minister, no-one else wants that poisoned chalice.

I still think Coveney acted like an idiot though, and as a politician he really really should both have known better and been more political about it :pac:

@dambarude, try this.

Ta for the suggestion Tragedy but I think I'll go with this one, he's a bit less unbecoming in it:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well it was meant to be more 'tongue in cheek' but...

or maybe tongue out of cheek :D
    Tragedy wrote: »
    I still think Coveney acted like an idiot though, and as a politician he really really should both have known better and been more political about it :pac:

God we're making progress we are agreeing on a few things. yes it probably was a bit reckless considering where that remark ended up. It just shows you you have to be very careful, a throw away comment on Twitter is the same as saying it on the Late Late Show.

that's why I'll have to be careful about what I say on this as it could come back to haunt me when I'm being offered the post of Taoiseach in years to come :D

What about brian_cowen1.jpg?

Ta for the suggestion Tragedy but I think I'll go with this one, he's a bit less unbecoming in it:rolleyes:

Sweet.

i know we have the old BC story pretty much exhausted at this stage but I think BC should take heart from the headline in today's Sunday Indo;
    "99% back Brian in poll swing" :D

i know we have the old BC story pretty much exhausted at this stage but I think BC should take heart from the headline in today's Sunday Indo;
    "99% back Brian in poll swing" :D

I think the findings of that poll are dubious at best:rolleyes:.

If you were to use similar research/statistical methods in an FYP I think you'd fail.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

So... how about that weather?

If it wasn't for Brian Cowen the weather would be much better:mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

What is the best place to grab a bite to eat near Mary I between 5-6pm that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

****ty Wok above Scotts if you fancy cheapish chinese. A lot of people get rolls from the Centra on Dock Road, but dunno the price. I think Scotts itself does wraps and rolls and stuff too.

RonMexico wrote: »
    What is the best place to grab a bite to eat near Mary I between 5-6pm that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Subway, just up the road from you! OM NOM Meatball Marinara.

Do they do a student deal in the one by Mary I? I fricken love subway, but it's not all that cheap unless they have an offer(€4 for a footlong+drink is the student offer by us)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Subway, just up the road from you! OM NOM Meatball Marinara.

Thats what I had during the week:D Those pizza slices are nice too.

Not much of a sandwich guy though...

No student offer to my knowledge, but it's €5 footlongs after 5 or 6, can't remember.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    So... how about that weather?

or even X Factor, our Mary from Ballyfermot or some such place is on again tonight. I suspect she get's through.

Scott's do their €8 specials all day. I was a big fan of Scott's until Punch's started doing student specials for €6.50 except they are only available between noon and 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Dolan's have lovely food and it's not too expensive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Jaysus, I haven't been on here in a few days and I was wondering why the Mary I forum had gone into its 96th page and nearly 1,500 posts! I said to myself that half the college must have signed up to it, instead it was just a Cowen bashing/defensive contest!

Boards is a bit like a pub, in that they are two things you never bring up, or else you'll end up killing each other, politics and religion.

[QUOTE=munsterdevil;68204270
    Boards is a bit like a pub, in that they are two things you never bring up, or else you'll end up killing each other, politics and religion.[/QUOTE]

At least with boards it's a little harder to actually get that punch in (from a physical point of view).
    But it was fun all the same :D

I agree but I am willing to bet that an argument over X-Factor would be ten times worse. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

The higher resolution photos from Cowen's visit can be found here

Also, +1 for a mic forum. This sticky is getting a huge amount of traffic, and is being viewed by students and lecturers alike!

Our mary from Ballyfermot or some such place just got through :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That really has nothing to do with Mary I...

..... politics and religion.

The former has just been done. The latter hasn't, but there sure is a lot to say about it in a Mary I thread/forum:P

The former has just been done. The latter hasn't, but there sure is a lot to say about it in a Mary I thread/forum:P

Right, who wants to fire the first shot :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RibenaHead

Let he without sin cast the first stone...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

...and with that, Mary took aim and fired ;)

Advertisement