Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

Payment: JSB
    Office: Dun Laoghaire
    Date of application: 19 Sept
    Date of first payment: 14 Nov

I had kept been told "Pending" and it was getting quite frustrating as you can imagine. I wrote an email to the dept of social welfare yesterday, and this morning I got a call to come in.

Everything will be sorted and will have all the backdated money on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

BMSF wrote: »
    Payment: JSB
    Office: Dun Laoghaire
    Date of application: 19 Sept
    Date of first payment: 14 Nov

I had kept been told "Pending" and it was getting quite frustrating as you can imagine. I wrote an email to the dept of social welfare yesterday, and this morning I got a call to come in.

Everything will be sorted and will have all the backdated money on Monday :)

That was quite a long wait for jobseekers benefit...glad it is sorted now for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 BMSF

eastbono wrote: »
    That was quite a long wait for jobseekers benefit...glad it is sorted now for you.

Yep it was. So happy its sorted now though. Yea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

Anyway to find out average Jobseekers Allowance waiting times for each office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Metallica_

ontour wrote: »
    Anyway to find out average Jobseekers Allowance waiting times for each office?

I've been waiting roughly 17 weeks for JSA. I keep getting fobbed off and told it is pending/they are short staffed/wait a few more weeks/visit the CWO

They wont give me any more information. I can't understand why it is taking this long? I was initially that it would take around 6 weeks... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SonyB

I am in Dublin, hubby applied for JA in July - still waiting!!! He's an engineer in construction and nver bn out of work b4. After being on JB for all of 2010, he got a job in UK for 1st 6th mths of 2011. Then made redundant agn and returned here in July, signed on. Expected a delay due to working in UK. Eventually, inspector visited early Oct 2011 (same week that he got another temp job here!) and said we wd get money in approx 4 weeks. Phoned today to be told we were lucky, lots of people worse off than us and we may get money before Christmas ...."he has a job now, what's the rush" Only for help of friends, relatives and going to local health board, did we get by. However, with 2 kids it's not funny! Would love to know if anyone in Dublin got their JA within 6 months. NB new job pays only slightly more than JB, however hubby needs job for sanity. SW were totally unsympathetic....As this job is only temp, do we have to wait another 6 months when this one comes to an end???

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jaffaD

applied for jsa in north kildare area and got payment after 10 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Social Welfare Office: Hanover Street, Cork
    Social Welfare Payment: JSA
    Application Date: 24th October 2011
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: 26th October 2011
    Date of means test appointment: 26th October 2011
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Social Welfare Office: Galway
    Social Welfare Payment: JSA.
    Application Date: 30th March 2010.
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: 1 month later.
    Date of means test appointment: 2 months after application.
    Weeks from Application to Payment: Refused as failed Habitual Residence Condition.
    Appealed negative decision. 1 month later appeals officer gave negative decision.
    In total the process took 4 months and I got nothing.
    I was also refused Supplementary Welfare Allowance from the Community Welfare Officer, 2 weeks later I received a negative decision as I failed the Habitual Residence Condition.
    I appealed this also. 1 month later the appeals officer gave a negative decision.
    So after 6 weeks of trying to get Supplementary Welfare Allowance I got nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Gman21

I applied for the JSA 3 mounts ago and im still waiting for them to confirm. I done the means test about a month and a half ago. Is this normal? Also will they back pay to when I first applied? I haven't got a penny to my name at the moment. Thanks

• Advertisement

Social Welfare Office: Dublin
    After applying for JSA in July, means tested / inspection early Oct, finally got phonecall today to say we will be getting money within nxt 2 weeks, backdated! Is this a record - 5 Months????

Great news for you, hopefully il get the same. I might have a few pound for christmas

Just an update, my JSA has now been sorted. I emailed qcs@welfare.ie and got a response a few days later from my local SWO to apologise and it was all sorted last week.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Application Date: 24th October 2011
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: 26th October 2011
    Date of means test appointment: 26th October 2011
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 4

How annoying! I claimed on the same dates as a casual worker and haven't seen a penny yet. I've been told it'll be another week or two. At this stage, i'd be surprised if I got it before Christmas :(.

Metallica_ wrote: »
    Just an update, my JSA has now been sorted. I emailed qcs@welfare.ie and got a response a few days later from my local SWO to apologise and it was all sorted last week.

did your payment get backdated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

That's a sligo email by the way...so nobody else should use it.

Whats a Sligo email? Do you mean the one i posted? It is the email for comments and complaints. If you don't mean that one than ignore me!!

www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW104/Pages/CommentsorComplaints.aspx

Gman21 - Yes it was backdated, from the day i registered minus 3 days. I believe they backdate for all JSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Finally got the JSA sorted!

Office: Hanover St, Cork.
    Time taken from application to payment: 11 weeks

They STILL managed to **** up the money, despite having all the necessary documentation and managing to lose my driving licence in the process!! It's well short, and there's no Fuel Allowance. Have spent 40 mins on the phone trying to sort, but phone rings out no reply. Was eventually told that the person I needed to speak to was out for the day. No voicemail informing me of the fact, and no bloody reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

SonyB wrote: »
    I am in Dublin, hubby applied for JA in July - still waiting!!!

Where?

Think I saw a sign in citizens info saying it was six months in Tallaght so surely it can't be worse than here.

Hmm I know there will be a back payment but what am I going to do when I leave college to get by while waiting for payment I'm living week to week with no one to supplement my living expenses, hopefully I can find work before I graduate!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Atlantis50

Application Date: 1st November 2011. Given a form to fill and and told to come back the next day with all relevant documents, which I did.
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: The woman I dealt with the next day said she wasn't dealing with the means test and I'd be contacted if they had any questions. Wasn't contacted about means test.
    Date of means test appointment: None.
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 5

The approval letter didn't come with a swipe card so I had to get a temporary yellow card the next day. Took about 5 minutes to get because it wasn't a signing day at my hatch. All backpay was included in the first payment at the PO.

• Advertisement

Social Welfare Office: Dundalk
    Application Date: 24 November 2011
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: 12 December 2011
    Date of means test appointment:13 December 2011
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 4 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

How long does it usually take after you have the meeting with the inspector?

How long does it usually take after you have the meeting with the inspector?

It varies depending on which SWO you are claiming in. It can be the next week, or it could be months later.
    I had a means test with an Inspector, and the following week received my first payment of JSA.
    The Inspector will advise you when you will be paid when you have your means test, then write out to you conforming it a week after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

Carlow town.They forgot to send me the application form for job seeker allowance.When I asked at the counter for a form the woman asked me sternly why did I not get it.
    I had 40 days left on benefit and the SWO told me they prioritise if your benefit will finish soon.I got an interview after a week and the inspector informed me I would probably not get an allowance as my wife is working.Another problem !!

Im about 12 weeks waiting now and they said it will be another few weeks.

Gman21 wrote: »
    Great news for you, hopefully il get the same. I might have a few pound for christmas

After being told we would be gettn money in cple of weeks, phoned today and told no news, file still pending. So still waiting........ Hubby now bn let go today and will go to s/w tomorrow, not holding out much hope. So grateful to family and friends:o

SonyB wrote: »
    After being told we would be gettn money in cple of weeks, phoned today and told no news, file still pending. So still waiting........ Hubby now bn let go today and will go to s/w tomorrow, not holding out much hope. So grateful to family and friends:o

I had the same problem.
    Email a complaint to:
    qcs@welfare.ie
    My claim was processed and paid the week after I complained about the waiting time.

I had the same problem.
    Email a complaint to:
    qcs@welfare.ie
    My claim was processed and paid the week after I complained about the waiting time.
    I might try this.I went into the office last week and they told me it will be a few weeks. The application was last looked at on the 8th december. Such balls. Iv'e been waiting since September.
    What kind of email did you send them? out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Social Welfare Office: Coolock
    Social Welfare Payment: Transfer to JA after finishing JB
    Application Date: 5 January 2012, I submitted the application 5 weeks before so it was ready to be looked at as soon as JB finished on 4 January.
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: Wasn't informed, SW Inspector just arrived at the house on 5 January.
    Date of means test appointment: 5 January 2012
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 1

I'd been reading here about long waiting times so I applied for SWA as soon as I finished JB on 5 January to cover myself expecting it to be at least a few weeks. The CWO advised it probably wouldn't take too long for JA to come through because transferring from JB is usually sorted quick enough, so said he'd hold off on processing my SWA application but not to worry he would organize an interim payment the following week if there was going to be a wait which was reassuring that I wouldn't be left without any payment at all, luckily no need for him to do anything in the end.
    Never expected such a quick turnaround but I'm impressed and happy with their service this time, hope anybody out there waiting gets sorted soon it's shocking how long some people are waiting on a payment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

It took me like 8 months to get my JSA, as posted a while ago in this thread, but a mate of mind signed up a few months after me. He inquired about a FAS course just as he signed on, and they told him to speak to the SWO about it. After a week of waiting, he got his JSA and after about a month he still hasen't got onto a course, so he basically cut like 7 and a half months out of his time.

Just some advice to people who were stuck like I was.

Advertisement