Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Seriously? wow, Iv been waiting more than three months now and still nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

i know right? went into them to get a letter because i was going to go to the c.w.o untill my payment went through and they said why are you going to him your payment is through already nearly dropped had to ask them were they sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Finally got sorted with JSA

Applied 20th may 2010 in galway city
    means tested 18th june
    social welfare inspector paid a visit in march
    got letter in post yesterday claim sorted.

nearly a year waiting :mad: not impressed with how long it took and how little information/help they gave me over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i applied for jobseekers allowance 7 weeks ago it took 3 days before i could get an interview which was fine..i have rang and rang but they wont answer the phones so i have decided im going to go down to the office to find out whats happening haven't even recieved a letter..
    im really pissed off as i have no means of income what so ever and im way behind on bills etc does anyone else have this problem?
    will it get back dated to the time i applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭ConfusedGuy92

I ****ing hate reading this ****.

SWO: Meath
    SWP: JSA
    Application: 15th November
    Payment: 12th May

And Im pretty sure they just ****ing told me I'm getting 41euro, why the **** would they make me wait 7 months for money I could find looking in the ****i ng couch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Twiggy007

SWO: Swinford
    JSA:
    I applied on the 21st of febuary, i finally got means tested today but still don't know how long i have to wait. i will be waiting 12 weeks on monday. i also sent an email to Joan Burton T.D the minister for Social Protection and it seems to have got the wheels in motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Finally got sorted with JSA

Applied 20th may 2010 in galway city
    means tested 18th june
    social welfare inspector paid a visit in march
    got letter in post yesterday claim sorted.

nearly a year waiting :mad: not impressed with how long it took and how little information/help they gave me over the last year.

Know how you feel, I had been waiting since OCT 09 and I reckon it only came through in March 11 when it did because I got a part time job!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 JM91

Last april after dropping out of college I applied for JSA and was told to bring in bank statements, a Letter proving I was no longer in college and because I am under 24 accounts from the business my parents are renting (they are self-employed and I am living with them). She told me to ring up if I couldn't gather everything within a week and they would arrange another meeting to hand it in. I couldn't get alot of the stuff and tried to ring them several times and got no answer.

So for the next few months I kept looking for work and got some random jobs but nothing official. I went back to the SWO in December 12th and re-applied and explained that I couldn't get through and did some random work.
    I waited 4 months before getting a letter saying I got an interview with the Social Welfare Investigator the following week 11th April and had to bring the same documents I showed them. The account information I had given him was not enough so I had to go back in a drop the accounts back in. He told me all the info I had given him would be passed on to the deciding officer. Because it took a while for the accountant to get them finished for me I only just dropped them in today.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the deciding officer will come out to visit me? How long does that usually take? and will my claim be back-dated to the 12th of December?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭xxzaraxx

I applied for jobseekers allowance in the Finglas branch on a Thurs 12.5.2011. Saw me straight away and were very helpful. I got an acceptance letter the following Wednesday 18.5.2011. My first sign on is Tues 24.5.2011. They are very good in the Finglas branch:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

Social Welfare Office: Newbridge
    Social Welfare Payment:jb
    Application Date:11 april
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*:
    Date of means test appointment:
    Weeks from Application to Payment:6 weeks

payment came yesterday for 313 euro,
    payment date on slip 14 april - 18 may went into the office in newbridge today and was told that payment was for 10 days which if i did my sums is 31.30e per day and 3.91e per hour (9-5pm) for the 3 days im not working during my 3 day week.
    Does that sum seem odd to anyone else because it does to me lol.

When I first went in to apply for jb i was told I was entitled to the full rate which is 188e. Today when I went in the lady said they deduct the days I work from the 188e etc.

Anyone else claiming jb can probably help me out alot, please reply me as I would greatly appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Jackalxx wrote: »
    Social Welfare Payment:jb
    Application Date:11 april
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*:
    Date of means test appointment:
    Weeks from Application to Payment:6 weeks

payment came yesterday for 313 euro,
    payment date on slip 14 april - 18 may went into the office in newbridge today and was told that payment was for 10 days which if i did my sums is 31.30e per day and 3.91e per hour (9-5pm) for the 3 days im not working during my 3 day week.
    Does that sum seem odd to anyone else because it does to me lol.

When I first went in to apply for jb i was told I was entitled to the full rate which is 188e. Today when I went in the lady said they deduct the days I work from the 188e etc.

Anyone else claiming jb can probably help me out alot, please reply me as I would greatly appreciate it.

You lose one sixth of your payment for each day you work in a given week (excluding Sunday - so while you must declare sunday on your slip if you worked it, it will not be deducted as opposed to working on a Monday which would). So on the basis of you being originally entitled to 188, and working three days, you lose 90 euro a week, but get 90 a week (or roughly 30 as you worked out per non day working). Make sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Jackalxx

tommy21 wrote: »
    You lose one sixth of your payment for each day you work in a given week (excluding Sunday - so while you must declare sunday on your slip if you worked it, it will not be deducted as opposed to working on a Monday which would). So on the basis of you being originally entitled to 188, and working three days, you lose 90 euro a week, but get 90 a week (or roughly 30 as you worked out per non day working). Make sense?

kinda makes sense its just the amount that is baffling me at the moment
    thanks for quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Social Welfare Office: South Dub. Application sent to longford
    Social Welfare Payment: Occupational Injury/ Disablement Benefit.
    Application Date: Nov 2010
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: 31/12/2010 Letter recieved stating would need to see a Social protection doctor
    Date of means test appointment: Still not scheduled
    Weeks from Application to Payment:

Its funny that when you ring them they say "because your in dublin it should be fairly quick, 6-8 more weeks probably". Thats what they said in march and again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Hokuto wrote: »
    Applied for the Jobseekers Allowance in Blanchardstown SWO on 31/12/2010
    I went to the office on February 2011 to ask about my claim, they said that it was 'still pending'
    April 2011- still nothing and I was told to go to the office on a specific date to join the queue.
    :(

Depressing. I put my JA application with all the paperwork into the Blanch office six weeks ago. Rang them this morning to see what was happening with it and like yourself its "pending"

Very frustrating...I asked the woman on the phone had she some idea of the waiting time but she couldn't give me that for some reason:confused:

I can handle waiting if I know how long I have to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Andy89

I came on to this to see how long the whole process takes after applying for job seekers benefit, I've only been waiting about 2 to 3 weeks now for jobseekers benefit but by the looks of things I'll be waiting around for a while:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lufc1

Just finishing J.S.B. Have appointment tomorrow to discuss J.S.A. I hope I wont be waiting too long. Gave them all my requested details in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Social Welfare Office: MaynoothSocial Welfare Payment:JSA
    Application Date: 2nd of May 2011
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: Still Waiting
    Date of means test appointment: Still Waiting
    Weeks from Application to Payment: ----

I
    ts coming up on eight weeks now with still no word of an interview. I work very few hours a week and am looking for a different job. Was told that I qualified but would be means tested within a few weeks, am getting paid less than €50 a week, hours have been reduced. Heading down to the office when it reopens after lunch to see what the story is. Very disheartening having to wait so long when some others are receiving their pay within a few weeks. Anyone else having problems with the Maynooth office?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 lufc1

Went down to office this morning. Waited half hour in line to sign on, was asked why I was here.They said my J.S.B. was finished. I said I had a letter to come down. They said I will have to wait to hear from an inspector. What a wasted journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Had a visit from the social welfare inspector this morning at my home! Going down to the office actually paid off! Was quite strange that he just landed out of the blue at quarter past ten this morning, but he was a lovely man, and the interview was very painless... apart from being half asleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 vk73

i applied for a lone parent payment at the end of october 2010, in wexford, they have an official date 04/11/2010, had my interview with welfare inspector mid april, i'm still waiting....anyone else in similar situation? very stressed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Social Welfare Office: Dun Laoghaire
    Social Welfare Payment: JSB
    Application Date: 6th June
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 4 weeks

It's my 3rd time having to sign on since 2009 - a little more soul destroying each time, but at least I have the option I guess.
    I've only ever had to stay on it for 2months max, and I have a job lined up for the end of August, so all in all, I'm pretty lucky by the looks of things.
    Good to have the pressure taken off until I start my next job anyway.

Good luck to those still waiting - my fingers are crossed for all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

Social Welfare Office: Bishop Square [Rathmines/drimnagh]
    Social Welfare Payment: JSA
    Application Date: 19th May
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 7 weeks

think it should have been quicker , maybe ~ 3 weeks, but combination of grumpy deciding officer and admin error prolonged process. A friend went in and got it the next week, so it is possible!

Still, could be worse. Thought it might have been as long as 10-12 weeks. If error [ignored birthdate, and attempted to process me as under 24] hadn't been cleared up by me (!) then it would have been god knows how long.

Also i was able to get supp welfare for a couple of weeks so that really helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 RachyPie

Social Welfare Office: Ballyfermot
    Application Date: 31 May 2011
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

Social Welfare Office: Dublin 7 (Navan Rd)
    Social Welfare Payment:JSA
    Application Date: 1st April 2011
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable:
    Date of means test appointment: 1st June
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 11, inclusive of my file going missing for 5 weeks, a 19-day wait after the means test appointment to get JSA authorised (both only got discovered as a result of me ringing up) and having get help from CWO in the meantime. If it wasn't for the CWO I'd probably still be waiting, he got the ball rolling for my claim

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Social Welfare Office: Dominic St. Limerick
    Application Date: 16 May 2011
    Weeks from Application to Payment: 8 weeks

Just finished college, over 25 so parents income not included when means tested. Out of work since Aug 2009. No BTEA or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Social Welfare Office:Galway
    Social Welfare Payement:JSB
    Application Date:25th June
    Weeks from Application to Payement:3.5..

Not too bad really.

Social Welfare Office: Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
    Social Welfare Payement: JSA
    Application Date: 11th March 2011
    Weeks from Application to Payment: STILL pending..

I am a 20 year old living in Blanch, and applied for JSA in January or February of this yeah. The first time I had to go into the SWO to sign on was friday 11th MARCH and i'm still seeing no sign of payment. I've brought them in all the forms and payslips and bank statements they ask for, for myself and my boyfriend that i live with. I realise that we are cohabiting, and he is in full time employment, but they conveniently 'lost' the 12 months of his bank statements that i recently brought them in and are now asking for 6 months more of his. These take 10-15 working days (2-3 weeks) to get from the bank, and they cost money.

I've been waiting 19weeks now and still nothing. Any advice?

Also meant to ask if a change of address would alter my backdate period as my mother recently moved to the area and I'm thinking of moving in, but dont want to miss out on the nearly 5 months worth of backdated money i'm waiting on.. Any advice I could get would be really appreciated because its my first time signing on and i dont know if they're taking advantage of me not knowing the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭catiny

Social Welfare Payment: JSA/JSB
    Application Date: 31/05/'11
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*:N/A
    Date of means test appointment:N/A
    Weeks from Application to Payment: Pending....

Very useful thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭afrodub

JSA claim waiting since April 12th,moved in with new partner at this time also.She is also claiming and waiting since this time.

I have been told to try CWO they are looking at 1 month turnaround for this payment process.

Advertisement