Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Social Welfare Office: Dun Laoghaire
    Claim from JB for JSA :end of May
    Visited the social welfare office end of July,just to check what is going on...
    Documents were lost! A few of them. Filled again. After one comment online (welfare.ie) and a few visits I had an appointment 10/08/2012.
    So I am waiting now....

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Applied 8 weeks ago in Limerick, was going up and down every second weeks with forms they kept sending out to fill in, and going down every week with my slip to show what days I was working, rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Anyone know what the average wait time is in Galway City at the moment. Applied on July 4th. Had my interview on August 1st. Still waiting to hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

apoch632 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the average wait time is in Galway City at the moment. Applied on July 4th. Had my interview on August 1st. Still waiting to hear back

JSB stopped June 10. Had my JSA interview 21 June and still nothing I'm afraid.

I went in two weeks ago and they said they're the busiest office in the country and he couldn't tell me how much longer it would be.

He gave me casual work forms up until the middle of September and said to come back if it's not sorted by then.

Ridiculous situation really. Long wait ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

jamc wrote: »
    JSB stopped June 10. Had my JSA interview 21 June and still nothing I'm afraid.

I went in two weeks ago and they said they're the busiest office in the country and he couldn't tell me how much longer it would be.

He gave me casual work forms up until the middle of September and said to come back if it's not sorted by then.

Ridiculous situation really. Long wait ahead of you.

Finally got a letter today confirming acceptance for JSA. Applied 26th May so about 3 Months.

I presume back pay comes after a week or 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Applied for JSB in Parnell St office yesterday afternoon. Got a letter this morning saying that my claim has been authorised, first payment next Wednesday 12th September.

You can't get much more efficient than that! :eek: I'm shocked! (And impressed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PTfan

In the same boat as JamC, had applied for JSA on July the 3rd and had claim registered on July the 5th, no need for means test as had previously got jsa in Galway City. Have not heard a word since and have called in several times and they couldn't tell me a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PTfan

Finally received my claim from the Galway City office, applied on July the 3rd and received the confirmation letter on September the 27th, collected all dole back dated on September 28th.

Anyone who applied to Galway is in for a seriously long wait unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Waiting time for my little sister for JSA (first time applicant) in Coolock - a week and a half.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Just to clarify this thread is for people to report how long it took to receive their first payment.

ie,office location,type of payment applied for,date of home visit (for JSA),date of first payment,waiting time.

This thread is not for asking how long it takes in various offices country wide.

mp22

NB, you dont need all the above info,some will be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Applied for JSA in Mallow on the 27th July and collected my first payment last Thursday. Wait for interview was about 14 weeks and first week collection was about 19 weeks... It's an awful long wait to try survive off the kindness of others :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Ballymun Office
    First time claim for JB
    First went in on 24th December.
    Appointment was 2nd January.
    Receiving backdated payment tomorrow, Monday 7th January.
    Receiving first weekly payment on Wednesday 9th January.

Total waiting time to first amount of money received: 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭some_dose

Galway Office
    First time claim for JA (was on JB but took up a Jobbridge internship and moved to Galway so applied for JA as I was living through my own means)
    First went in on June 18th
    Appointment was July sometime
    No back payment received yet and I'm on the phone to them as I type this.

How can it take so long? I went in before Christmas to find out that they'd lost my application. You couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Bray office
    First time JB claim
    Went in filled out forms today.
    I will update once I hear something was told not to expect to hear from them for at least a month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Galway Office

Moving from JB to JA

Received forms for JA sometime in the first week of November, filled them in and sent back. Dont remember the exact date.

Had some house interview the week after that. Got the phone call the same day and as he was out in my area the same day he thought he could get it done the same day.
    Was this the means test appointment?

First payment due tomorrow in the post office. So it took about 9 weeks, from when I filled in the forms.

I was on the JB up until now. I received my last payment of 1 day last week. I thought I would still be waiting weeks for the JA to come through, as i've read here it can take months.
    First day of JA due tomorrow. 5 days between the last payment of JB and JA.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rach630k

Signed on at bray for jobseekers benefit on 3rd January got job starting Monday the 28th so signed off today asked when id recieve my due money and told there only on the start of December will update once recieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 seamusb63

Applied 11th Sept for JSA Limerick still waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rach630k

Make sure you get what you're owed, because when i started a new job they conveniently didn't pay me and tried to get out of it.

Ive been left short a few weeks started my claim from 3rd of jan day I sign on was let go on the 11dec rang that day and was told to wait till I got p45 got that from job two weeks later but social was closed for Christmas hols havent the time to go down and argue with them as im working full time again and they dont answer the phone just thank full ive a full time job again and dont have to ask them for anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

rach630k wrote: »
    Ive been left short a few weeks started my claim from 3rd of jan day I sign on was let go on the 11dec rang that day and was told to wait till I got p45 got that from job two weeks later but social was closed for Christmas hols havent the time to go down and argue with them as im working full time again and they dont answer the phone just thank full ive a full time job again and dont have to ask them for anything

that's disgraceful, they clearly state on their website that if you don't have your P45 you should sign on anyway and your P45 can follow.

A letter from your employer to say when you finished would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭livemusic4life

rach630k wrote: »

Use the contact us function on welfare.ie thats how i sorted it as they never answer the phone. They then had the cheek to try and say i owed them money. Make sure you have all your figures and dates perfectly in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Clonmel Office

JA First time application

Applied 11th Feb

First meeting 13th of Feb - approved on the day and collecting my first payment on the 19th.

Very happy with the turnaround time.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

Applied the first week of December, haven't been interviewed yet, have been just signing on monthly since...in Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

I haven't heard a thing haven't even been given a date to sign on at all. job seekers benefit and applied in bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cheese1234

I applied on the 11/12/12 got appointment for 12/12/12 started signing first week of
    January.First week of Feb asked to bring proof of job applications. Nothing at the moment. I was means tested so m not sure if I will get anything
    Waterford City office
    Cheese1234

• Registered Users Posts: 12 lildubdevil

Social Welfare Office: DunLaoghaire
    Social Welfare Payment: Job Seekers Allowance
    Application Date: 13th Feb
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: 13th Feb
    Date of means test appointment: 22nd Feb
    Weeks from Application to Payment: STILL WAITING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Galway County; - Repeat JSA Claim from 1st week January 2013. I got Letter out about 2 weeks ago to give their decision / approve my Case etc. etc. with the Rate and all that, that my Claim has been awarded. That's grand so at least it's up-and-running from here on in, I think it says in the Letter something to this effect, that any Arrears owed will be issued under separate cover of post. I remember before when I got approved and got same Letter out that time, the Arrears-cheque came in the Post a couple of days later. But still no sign of cheque in Post for this 2 weeks later following this Letter.... :( Not being impatient or anything just curious. I guess I'll give them a ring tomorrow or the next day if I get a chance. But just wondered is it normal not to have got sent out the Arrears 2 weeks after having received the Deciding Officer's Letter with their decision? Like the decision has been made/awarded, so, all that needs to be done to finish off with mine (I would imagine) is to send me out the Cheque with appropriate remittance or whatever......

Am basically just wondering is it standard these days for remittance cheque not be sent for a few weeks after ya get the Deciding Officer's Letter out, or, because I didn't get the Cheque a couple of days after the Letter; - should I be worried / cautious that something else is gone wrong that's holding it up now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

Social Welfare Office: Maynooth

Social Welfare Payment: Job Seeker's Allowance

Application Date: 21/02/2013

Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*: N/A

Date of means test appointment: N/A

Weeks from Application to Payment: Two weeks, 6 days.

I had an awful first year in college, and second year got too much. I had to withdraw from the course due to ill health. I signed on to JSA as I heard it is extremely difficult to be approved for DA. Hoping to return to college in the future, in the mean time I just have to try and keep going by attempting to get part time work or a course I could do to keep my mind occupied. Means tested based on my parent's income. (I'm 20 years old.) Receiving payment tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Galway County (Loughrea)
    Finished a FAS Course in Mervue on the 1st of March.
    signed back on to JSA Wednesday 6th.
    Will update this once I hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cheese1234

Got my respond yesterday
    Waterford City
    Initial Application 12/12/12

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 decodivas

Out of curiosity, let's see how long it's taking around the country to get Jobseeker's Benefit, Jobseeker's Allowance, and all the other Social Welfare Payments.

Obviously it won't be a rule to go by, but it may give us an idea of what things are looking like.

Social Welfare Office:Galway city
    Social Welfare Payment:jobseekers allowance
    Application Date:23/jan/2013
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*:still waiting
    Date of means test appointment:still waiting
    Weeks from Application to Payment:

*this means the day that you get the letter in the post or the phone call telling you when they're coming by

Advertisement