Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

What does your wife earn? I suspect this is how the clerk was able to tell you were entitled to nothing. Simple enough process really.

Thats nobodys business....the point im makeing is the girl in the dole office was able to pick up my papers inform me there and then what I wasn't entitled to and have correspondance sent down which arrived aftertwo days day informing me in writing what she had already said. Yet there people waiting months to get an interview and when they do the interviewee calls to the wrong house. All a load of Bull....and remember folks if it wasn't for people like us on the dole the people in the dole office would be on the other side of the counter

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Jobseekers Benefit - Six weeks and counting in Clare. They reckon that the wait it about 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

the GALL wrote: »
    What does your wife earn? I suspect this is how the clerk was able to tell you were entitled to nothing. Simple enough process really.

Thats nobodys business....the point im makeing is the girl in the dole office was able to pick up my papers inform me there and then what I wasn't entitled to and have correspondance sent down which arrived aftertwo days day informing me in writing what she had already said. Yet there people waiting months to get an interview and when they do the interviewee calls to the wrong house. All a load of Bull....and remember folks if it wasn't for people like us on the dole the people in the dole office would be on the other side of the counter

The whole point of that is your wife's income. If it's above a certain amount you mightn't be entitled to anything. The same way that a mature student that moved home is ineligible to get a grand if their parents income is above the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

So can anyone from the social welfare give a reason for these delays??

is it just designed to piss people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mclaughlng

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, had my means test last week after waiting 9 weeks, was told it would be tight because of what the wife earns, but they are asking to see bank statements from us both, and the wifes pay slips, is this normal practice ? ive never been on the dole before so its all new to me.
    In Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭Boxoffrogs

Wexford town area

Applied last december

still havent seen a deciding officer!!

thats over 8 months now..

can anyone beat that!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, Dublin, Clondalkin, a Jobseekers Benefit claim that goes back to April 2008, still with the Deciding Officer, it seems when you move back here from another country they have no clue what to do....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

fryup wrote: »

No its a lack of staff in the middle of a recession, a lot more people claiming but no extra staff to do the work.

That's your second time asking more or less the same question trying to rile people up. This is not a forum for criticising Government Departments and keep on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »

cAr0l wrote: »
    No its a lack of staff in the middle of a recession, a lot more people claiming but no extra staff to do the work.

That's your second time asking more or less the same question trying to rile people up. This is not a forum for criticising Government Departments and keep on topic.

it wasn't answered the first time hence posting twice

"rile people up" give me a break:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

the GALL wrote: »

Your wife earnings is the business of the social welfare. As I said already the chances are she earns too much for you too get an allowance and this was how the helpful clerk was able to disregard your claim at the counter.

If this is the case fair play to the clerk for the efficient processing, it can't be easy having to deal with people who are too lazy or perhaps incoherent to understand the claims process and then blame everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

4 months later, i'm still waiting on JSA. asked last week in the reception part of the SW apparently my claim was approved in july, but got sent back to the deciding officer again. noone could tell me why just that it was "pending". what a pile of Cnunts! thank god for CWO!! speaking of which can anyone tell me why i'm getting 182.30 off the CWO? it was my bday last week and i was getting 100 off the cwo before that. i thought id only be getting 150?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Applied for JSA 3 weeks ago, had the means test last Friday, and my 'signing on' date is on the 28th, next Tuesday, im confused, will this mean I will receive payment before then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

I was really impressed by how quick my experience signing on was this time round.

Last year I signed on for 4 weeks- had JA interview/means test in early October 2009- and then luckily got a job. I didn't receive any payment until Jan 2010.

Contract ended unfortunately and was expecting a huge delay again even though this time I would qualify for JB (at last!), and it was approved on the day, I was told there would be money in the post office for me the same day next week. And there was!

That's SWO Bishop Square, Dublin 2. Very impressed- and relieved!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭IMC042

I've been waiting now for 14 weeks. Did the means test 5 weeks ago and still heard nothing.

I signed off on Thursday because I have decided to go back to college. Will I still be assessed and receive all the back dated money even though I went back to college ??

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

IMC042 wrote: »
    I've been waiting now for 14 weeks. Did the means test 5 weeks ago and still heard nothing.

I signed off on Thursday because I have decided to go back to college. Will I still be assessed and receive all the back dated money even though I went back to college ??

Yes, if they find that you were eligble for the JSA while signing on, you should get backpayments once the claim has been processed.

diddledum wrote: »
    Yeah, Dublin, Clondalkin, a Jobseekers Benefit claim that goes back to April 2008, still with the Deciding Officer, it seems when you move back here from another country they have no clue what to do....

I find this hard to believe. There must be really exceptional circumstances if it this is true.

Is this really true?? You said you moved back from another country, is it waiting HRC or what? If it is, its hardly waiting since 2.5 years.

I find this hard to believe. There must be really exceptional circumstances if it this is true.

Is this really true?? You said you moved back from another country, is it waiting HRC or what? If it is, its hardly waiting since 2.5 years.

This is 100% true, although I do understand why you find it hard to believe. I have been through the mill with the Social Welfare. When they did finally get around to getting in touch with the UK about my contributions (about 6 months ago now), they actually had the cheek to tell me that it could take the UK several months to respond. On hearing this, I rang the office in Newcastle (Benton) who told me it would only take a matter of days to turn around this form.

I have made yet another complaint, can't count the amount of letters I have sent and visits I have made. I always get the same excuses. In my last complaint, I requested a copy of my file which I am almost certain has gone missing.

I will post on here once it's all resolved but I'm honestly not holding out much hope that it will be any day soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Ah now, that's absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 doniemac

waiting since 16th June. they have had all the documentation since the end of June. My office is Navan Road, Dublin. You can make a complaint on the social welfare website. I'm told since that it will take 15 days (then it was 15 working days) to deal with the complaint.

update: and 10 minutes after I wrote the above, I get a call saying that they'll backdate me straight into the bank account. They're obviously looking up this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

18 weeks and still counting. All i'm getting is "your claim is pending" ughhhhhhhhh!

Been waiting 16 weeks now, rang them today and the woman who answered me said she was going to do all she could to get it processed ASAP! She sounded like she meant it, i hope she did!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Went in today to see whats the story with my claim, the social worker told me dismissively it would be another 2 months at least, they are so back-dated they are only sorting out June applicants now. FML.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zzantara

Kilbarrack Office:
    Finished JSB first weeek August, had an interview with an inspector to go over my application for JSA at the end of August, got approval early October,not bad seeing that they are under pressure ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wolfnight

I applied on Aug 10th.

Forms all submitted, checked and verified Aug 13th.

I received a letter regarding habitually resident in the state and a request for more info on 16th of September.

Submitted on 17th.

Recived 21st

Habitual status verbally confermation on the 29th, I asked what happens now, told back to the line and they were currently Working on early July applications.

Today (6th of October) I went into the welfare and was told at reception that the claim was in need of a means test interview (I will pass it, I have no money at all to my name, living on someones sofa and was denied from CWO due to living on the sofa) but not told when it would be and not recived any letter from them.

8 Weeks wait so far.

Dun Leary office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Laducar

made claim for jsb last friday 1st october , first payment due 8th october.

sligo office

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mike5

I apply since 18th may 10 jsa no decision yet i complaint,
    got email that they are
    waiting on habitual residency.
    NAVAN office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭MasterKZG

JSB approved 2 days being unemployed

12 months later
    JSA approval after 6 days of applying.:):):)

Thank god for the hard working officers in our local office

diddledum wrote: »
    This is 100% true, although I do understand why you find it hard to believe. I have been through the mill with the Social Welfare. When they did finally get around to getting in touch with the UK about my contributions (about 6 months ago now), they actually had the cheek to tell me that it could take the UK several months to respond. On hearing this, I rang the office in Newcastle (Benton) who told me it would only take a matter of days to turn around this form.

I have made yet another complaint, can't count the amount of letters I have sent and visits I have made. I always get the same excuses. In my last complaint, I requested a copy of my file which I am almost certain has gone missing.

I will post on here once it's all resolved but I'm honestly not holding out much hope that it will be any day soon.

Actually, I really didn't have too much longer to wait, got a call today to say it has been sorted and I will have a cheque in the next couple of weeks (fairly substantial sum involved and arriving just when I need it).

Maybe they are reading this thread:p

Called them last week and was promised my application would be sorted out ASAP. Rang today and the woman said passively "Na, nothing done with it".

People are annoying!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

I have little sympathy for people on Jobseekers' benefit if they have tucks of cash in savings.

If you really analysed how much of your taxes go on unemployed people you might be surprised at how little goes on supporting unemployed people.

However, for people who are trying to support themselves on €196 a week, not just temporarily, but permanently, have any of you any idea how hard that is?

Yet for people with billions of thousands in the bank, they can claim Jobssekers benefit for 9 months. How fair is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Darlughda wrote: »
    How fair is that?
    It's an insurance fund you pay into, you do realise that?

Advertisement