Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

dsmythy wrote: »
    Swords. JA. 5 weeks wait. I'm over 25.

Thats good news as thats my home area and putting in claim for JB in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Still waiting for JB and JA from Ballinasloe office. Been three weeks so far. I'm 21 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Because im 24 and living at home i have to bring parents payslips which they dont willingly want to give. The situation is this, I had to move home cause i couldnt afford rent, but my parents want money every week from me to live at home which because of delay in waiting I dont have. So my best friend has been lending me money every week to get by.

I get no support or money from parents only a hard time. What I want to know is how will what they earn affect my payment? And im 25 in 6 months time so how is it that things will be any different then in regards what my parents earn in relation to me?

Reality is I need as much money as I can get(don't mean to sound like a beggar or cheat) but its reality. My parents want €50 per week from me and ive to get my own food.l

Are you my brother or sister?

My folks used to demand 20% of everything we earned. That included when one of my siblings earned the princely sum of £16 a week from a little part time job.

I can't get over the cushy, pampered lives so many other teenagers and young adults lived and still sometimes live.

Signing on in Cork city next week for first time - checked threads to see what current wait is but not clear - anybody know? I'm applying for JSB due to mass redundancy. Hope its not long as I'm moving back to my parents boxroom in Dublin in July as my rent is way above the SWA threshold and there is no way my landlady will cut 25% off it so I'd be on enough to qualify, and anything around here within the threshold is a complete slum. Interested to know how smoothly anybody who has transfered their claim has found it? Worried more about continuity of the claim than the cash (have a modest redundancy settlement) but just want to make sure I don't miss out on PRSI stamps more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone know what the wait is in cork atm?

I applied on 31/05, so thats almost 3 weeks ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Applied for JSB on April 14th in Navan office.
    Its about 9weeks now..
    Really not understanding why, very stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 j2606

Signed on on Monday in Dun Laoghaire, had to return on Friday. Lady told me I should have a letter stating my sign on day on Monday or Tuesday, reason it is so quick was due to the fact I had all documents with me (her words not mine)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Got my letter today and collecting my first payment tomorrow. Its JSB i applied for on the 31/05.

Only 3 weeks ago and had my appointment two weeks ago. That was quick.

Had an inspector visit me yesterday. She said my application was complete apart from me sending in bank balances and confirming my mother's income.

Also, got a letter today. I've to report to my office in Ballinasloe to sign on on Monday 28th.

Originally applied on the 28th of May. I'm under 25

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

Applied 4 weeks ago for JSA in Bishops square, was told it'll be max 8 weeks.

Inspector came over to my house today for means test and advised me to go to the CWO because it'll probably be 12 weeks total. Apparently they are swamped at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Had an inspector visit me yesterday. She said my application was complete apart from me sending in bank balances and confirming my mother's income.

Also, got a letter today. I've to report to my office in Ballinasloe to sign on on Monday 28th.

Originally applied on the 28th of May. I'm under 25

Out of interest did they tell you they were coming or was it a suprise visit? I've been waiting months for them to come and visit!!!

• Advertisement

notsobusy wrote: »
    Out of interest did they tell you they were coming or was it a suprise visit? I've been waiting months for them to come and visit!!!

They phoned me the day before to inform me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

I got my green slip in the post about 2 weeks ago to sign on, still haven't gotten my letter to collect yet, I applied on the 4th May. It's JSB I'm over 25 and in the Fermoy region.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

waiting since last december, JSA, over 25, thats over 6 months!! wexford town area, still waiting on means test officer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JayTi

Waiting since 29th sept 2009 - still under review and havnt received a cent. Luckily I will be back at work soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

JayTi wrote: »
    Waiting since 29th sept 2009 - still under review and havnt received a cent. Luckily I will be back at work soon

Applied for JSA after using up my JSB on Wednesday 16th June - saw an inspector but presume I could be waiting as long as the rest of ye for a deciding officer? JayTi - what happens if you go back to work before a decision is made? Do you still get payment for the months you have been waiting (assuming it is granted)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭john-joe

My stamps on JSB have just run out (last friday) I applied for JSA and got a call a day or two later from the inspector asking couple of questions over the phone, I asked how long will it take she said around 6 weeks....

I am in Athlone.

What do I do in the meantime as I received no payment this week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

john-joe wrote: »
    My stamps on JSB have just run out (last friday) I applied for JSA and got a call a day or two later from the inspector asking couple of questions over the phone, I asked how long will it take she said around 6 weeks....

I am in Athlone.

What do I do in the meantime as I received no payment this week :(

Call into your community welfare officer who should sort ya out till you start getting JSA.

oglaigh wrote: »
    Call into your community welfare officer who should sort ya out till you start getting JSA.

Yeah if times are desperate then that is what you will have to do. I was on casual JSB, meaning I submitted slips each week. TOday I got very similar slips that have JSA on them instead of JSB, rang them (they actually answered!), told I have to keep submitting those so that I can get back pay if I qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Had my interview on the 17th of April JSB ran out on the 22nd i had heard nothing so went in today to enquire turns out the interviewer has not even sent the report to the deciding officer yet !! Nearly 3 months later without any income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Catscar

Im now waiting 5 and a half weeks for JSB. Went on short working week at work. They wrote to my employer for him to confirm the hours/days worked by me in the previous 3 months plus reason he put us all on short time. Then I got similar letter looking for much the same info. All has been sent back but still no reply.
    Im in longford area.

• Advertisement

I went the CWO today who issued me with a Cheque, I then asked her does she know how long it takes, she made a phone call to the social welfare office and spoke to a lady, she hung up and told me my payment will be there next week :)

I guess I just got a good CWO :)

all in all I will have been waiting only a couple of weeks for my JSA...

JJ

Catscar wrote: »
    Im now waiting 5 and a half weeks for JSB. Went on short working week at work. They wrote to my employer for him to confirm the hours/days worked by me in the previous 3 months plus reason he put us all on short time. Then I got similar letter looking for much the same info. All has been sent back but still no reply.
    Im in longford area.

My advice is to ring the social and find out what is the status of your claim is, tell them that you are not happy at the time in which you have had to wait without any correspondence from them.

All the best,

JJ

Had my interview on the 17th of April JSB ran out on the 22nd i had heard nothing so went in today to enquire turns out the interviewer has not even sent the report to the deciding officer yet !! Nearly 3 months later without any income.

That is just unacceptable! why are you waiting so long?

I would talk to your CWO or directly with the person who is dealing with your claim, 3 months is just not on!

are you getting payment from CWO in the meantime>?

JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bread

I applied for JSB in Apollo House (Dublin South City) on May 28th and was told it would take two weeks. I'm still waiting - does anyone know what the waiting times for this area actually are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭ronano

Applied to have my means reaccessed on feb 15th,i called in last wednesday and told it would be another month,the deciding officer in my local welfare office has a backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

applied for JSA in galway on 17th of May, got my means test done and over with on the 18th of june. was told i'll get a letter in the post within 3-4 weeks. i know its only the 4th week gone by now but jesus how long does it take to say yes or no to someones claim. got a loan off my parents until i got sorted thats running low now..

applied for JSA in galway on 17th of May, got my means test done and over with on the 18th of june. was told i'll get a letter in the post within 3-4 weeks. i know its only the 4th week gone by now but jesus how long does it take to say yes or no to someones claim. got a loan off my parents until i got sorted thats running low now..

No offence but there are people here waiting 7 or 8 months. 4 weeks is nothing. I know it is very frustrating, and you think how can it take that long but it seems to take them. That or the fact that you are joining the back of a very long queue. Hope it comes through quickly for you, I'm waiting about the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Gobsmacked, my partner recently lost his job and went down to sign on yesterday in the Finglas SWO, his claim was accepted today and his money will be in the post office next Wednesday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gentilu

tommy21 wrote: »
    No offence but there are people here waiting 7 or 8 months. 4 weeks is nothing. I know it is very frustrating, and you think how can it take that long but it seems to take them. That or the fact that you are joining the back of a very long queue. Hope it comes through quickly for you, I'm waiting about the same.
    applied for JSA in finglas on 26th feb ,got my interview on 05th jul,3 weeks past,no words from them.how long does it take to get a answer from them.can somebody help me?was it my interview to late?

• Advertisement

gentilu wrote: »
    applied for JSA in finglas on 26th feb ,got my interview on 05th jul,3 weeks past,no words from them.how long does it take to get a answer from them.can somebody help me?was it my interview to late?

Nobody can say for sure. It all depends on the backlog at the current office and whether you are attending a main office (e.g. like Cork or Dublin city centre) or a smaller feeder office imo. One of the posters above got it very quickly, I've heard of people waiting months. Good luck. If you are really in trouble in meantime, your community welfare officer should be able to help you.

Advertisement