Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

Peter Abs wrote: »
    I was thinking since the clinic will be after their money back from the dole this might hurry things along maybe? but i wasn't sure of how logical that actually is... Thanks very much for the info man, will definitely check it out. Cheers.

Applying to the clinic aswel won't hurt your claim with the sw, in fact it might even demonstrate how urgent the matter is.

Either way, you'll get sorted eventually, if not from one then the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Peter Abs

chompy wrote: »
    Applying to the clinic aswel won't hurt your claim with the sw, in fact it might even demonstrate how urgent the matter is.

Either way, you'll get sorted eventually, if not from one then the other.

Hopefully!

thanks again man.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,975 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Jesus.. some serious horror stories on here.. i have no idea what to do now at this stage myself, I've been waiting over 3 months, handed in everything straight away done my interview 2 months ago, went in and asked several times and keep getting treated very badly! this is in limerick and every time i go in they say it hasn't been processed yet and a load of crap really. I've absolutely 0 income at the moment and worked only 4 days since the 17th may. I really don't understand how they expect us to survive like! And can anybody please kindly tell me if going to the clinic slows down OR speeds up the process?? If anybody knows for definite.

Cheers.

Peter Abs, you should have gone to the health Centre immediately on applying for JSA, this appears to be a mistake many claimants make, whilst i am certainly not one to defend the SW, they assume new claimants are receiving supplementary benefit from their CWO while claim is being processed. If your circumstances are UN complicated, namely single, not living at home, not previously self employed, the process should be straight forward. Once you have applied for JSA through your local SW office, this application will show up on the CWO's system as pending. Do similar documentation when meeting the CWO and be prepared for a wait, the health center's are inundated at the moment. If payment is approved, this will be deducted from you back pay when the SW finally complete your application. Going this route does not slow your main application down.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Peter Abs, you should have gone to the health Centre immediately on applying for JSA, this appears to be a mistake many claimants make, whilst i am certainly not one to defend the SW, they assume new claimants are receiving supplementary benefit from their CWO while claim is being processed. If your circumstances are UN complicated, namely single, not living at home, not previously self employed, the process should be straight forward. Once you have applied for JSA through your local SW office, this application will show up on the CWO's system as pending. Do similar documentation when meeting the CWO and be prepared for a wait, the health center's are inundated at the moment. If payment is approved, this will be deducted from you back pay when the SW finally complete your application. Going this route does not slow your main application down.

Sorry what's CWO? and when you say wait, do you mean a few weeks or do you mean wait on the day?

Thanks for info!

Sorry what's CWO? and when you say wait, do you mean a few weeks or do you mean wait on the day?

Thanks for info!

CWO is the community welfare officer, the person you need to see at the health Centre, they do not take or accept appointments,you must find out what day they are based at your local health Centre and going early, it is likely to take up to two hours to see them depending on your location as various health centers are extremely busy. Waiting? I'm unsure what you mean but you must have made an initial application for JSA/JSB at your social welfare office in the first instance as this application will be available to the CWO to determine if they can give you payments while your case is pending. I reiterate, you must bring all documentation with you, proof of address (residency), passport, Bank Statements (current).

I am assuming your are applying for JSA as JSB would be automatic if you have worked for two years or more full time in Ireland? JSA is means tested and hence additional information will be required. If you were self employed, this is an entirely different matter and the CWO will not be able to assist.

• Advertisement

CWO is the community welfare officer, the person you need to see at the health Centre, they do not take or accept appointments,you must find out what day they are based at your local health Centre and going early, it is likely to take up to two hours to see them depending on your location as various health centers are extremely busy. Waiting? I'm unsure what you mean but you must have made an initial application for JSA/JSB at your social welfare office in the first instance as this application will be available to the CWO to determine if they can give you payments while your case is pending. I reiterate, you must bring all documentation with you, proof of address (residency), passport, Bank Statements (current).

I am assuming your are applying for JSA as JSB would be automatic if you have worked for two years or more full time in Ireland? JSA is means tested and hence additional information will be required. If you were self employed, this is an entirely different matter and the CWO will not be able to assist.

Yep, from everything you said i should definitely be eligible, it's JSA i've applied for since 17th may, and everything is good to go, i've just been waiting, i have all the papers so just goin to ring the clinic and head in asap! When i said "waiting" i meant do you get the money on the day of going to the clinic if you meet up with the cwo or do you wait a week or two afterwards to get it?

Yep, from everything you said i should definitely be eligible, it's JSA i've applied for since 17th may, and everything is good to go, i've just been waiting, i have all the papers so just goin to ring the clinic and head in asap! When i said "waiting" i meant do you get the money on the day of going to the clinic if you meet up with the cwo or do you wait a week or two afterwards to get it?

It is likely you will have to wait a few days or up to a week, normally payment is arranged through your local post office or cheque if you are awaiting a social welfare card. Don't assume this will be automatic payment, the CWO will be quite thouragh and you must satisfy them on your circumstances and also all identification requirements.

It is likely you will have to wait a few days or up to a week, normally payment is arranged through your local post office or cheque if you are awaiting a social welfare card. Don't assume this will be automatic payment, the CWO will be quite thouragh and you must satisfy them on your circumstances and also all identification requirements.

I rang em couple of hours ago and was told to come in tomorrow. Yea i've no doubt that they'll realise i'm quite in need of it... just a matter of how long it'll take, cheers for the info though it was quite helpful, got the no. off that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Applied: 03 June 2010
    Means tested: 15 June 2010

First payment: 27 August 2010 and it'll be backdated to 07 June.

12 weeks wait

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭CR 7

Applied back in March for JSA
    Means Test 9 weeks ago

Rang last week and was told it's with the deciding officer.

Am I right in thinking that I will still receive back-dated payments from when I applied? I'll be back in college in a few weeks again, so will this affect it?

• Advertisement

You won't get anything for the time you'll be back in college but I think you'll get paid from the time you applied up to the time you go back to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I thought if you're going to college you're not eligible for JSA?

zero19 wrote: »
    I thought if you're going to college you're not eligible for JSA?

you're not, but if you were working, then lost your job you can claim the dole. If you go back to college you have to sign off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,701 ✭✭✭CR 7

Recon wrote: »
    You won't get anything for the time you'll be back in college

Yeah, I knew that, but I'll be signing off probably before even getting any payment, that won't affect anything, will it?

Yeah, I knew that, but I'll be signing off probably before even getting any payment, that won't affect anything, will it?

I'm pretty sure it won't. If they find you're should be entitled to payment you'll get it up to the start date of your college.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭lilminx

I am blessed.

Got a place on a course with very short notice and could only get time off last week to go to SWO to move from Illness Benefit to JS (course entitles me to keep JS)

So last week got the form and was told to go back in with it filled out last thursday but I couldn't until today. Was told today it would be 10 to 12 weeks before it was sorted, but after a long and quite logical discussion was able to get everything sorted then and there should hear from them next Monday re: payment date!

:D also factor in that i'm starting a new job in a month anyway, it was only to cover 6 weeks of payment so I think they just felt it better to get it all sorted at once besides getting confused when I'm back off JS.

Anyways.. happy days for me.

This was in Mallow btw

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Wexford town area

Applied last december

still havent seen a deciding officer!!

thats over 8 months now..

can anyone beat that!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Rojo25

Dublin 7, applied JA 3 months ago and still waiting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Wexford town area

Applied last december

can anyone beat that!!

dude i hope you get it soon :) hang in there , i know you need money now but when you get it back dated . . . good times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

still waiting on JSA. applied in may, had means test on 18th june. went to CWO 2 weeks ago so hopefully the SW will get their butts in gear now that they can see i need money!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

tommy21 wrote: »
    Applied for JSA after using up my JSB on Wednesday 16th June - saw an inspector but presume I could be waiting as long as the rest of ye for a deciding officer? JayTi - what happens if you go back to work before a decision is made? Do you still get payment for the months you have been waiting (assuming it is granted)?

:) Got home from work (casual job seekers allowance is what i was waiting on) to find simply a cheque backdated to the 16th June! So from application to payment took about 11 weeks. Can't believe it and best thing is I can come off it very soon anyway as my hours will be increasing again in a number of weeks!

Cork office, Hanover St. by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jujuB

Wexford town area

Applied last december

can anyone beat that!!

I was waiting 6 months (Co Wexford Area) I was so stuck and so much in trouble with bills etc, It is absolute joke how long it took. The only thing is you will absolutely be back paid for the last 8 months. Try hang in there, easier said than done but it will all be okay when it FINALLY comes through. I thankfully have casual work at the moment (one day a week for the time being) but as I had to switch from Jobseekers Allowance to Jobseekers Benefit, I havent seen a payment in 3 weeks. Just because I might have one day a weeks work (€50) they seem to think I can survive on that for the last 3 weeks!! Total joke!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

jujuB wrote: »
    I was waiting 6 months (Co Wexford Area) I was so stuck and so much in trouble with bills etc, It is absolute joke how long it took. The only thing is you will absolutely be back paid for the last 8 months. Try hang in there, easier said than done but it will all be okay when it FINALLY comes through. I thankfully have casual work at the moment (one day a week for the time being) but as I had to switch from Jobseekers Allowance to Jobseekers Benefit, I havent seen a payment in 3 weeks. Just because I might have one day a weeks work (€50) they seem to think I can survive on that for the last 3 weeks!! Total joke!! :mad:

yea i know ill get back paid an all, but by the time i finally see a means test officer and everything is sorted, it could be close to Xmas before i get paid, which will be a ONE year wait!! what a joke! :mad:

Anyway, im goin in next week and demanding to see someone about this and get it sorted ASAP!
    Luckily, im not overly stuck for the money ( i play poker for a living now which pays the bills ) but its the principle of the thing, theres people out there living from day to day while these morons sit on their a$$es scratching their heads!
    Wanna help solve the unemployment crisis Mr. government?....HIRE SOME MORE SOCIAL WORKERS! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

I waited seven weeks for benefit that was in bray not means tested or anything, which isnt as bad as some stories ive heard

When i was switching to JA though the staff in the SWO lost my bank statements and i had to wait 3 weeks for payment when its usually seamless...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

they did that to me aswell , they lost all the forms they photo copied of my mothers statements becuase im now living back with her , they lost the forms when i had the interview in january and just decided to ring me in april to say they dont have all the forms ( my mams forms i gave which they copied ) it tooks them that long to that . . .really fcuking annoyed me , i dont know how they lost them or didnt have them when your one sopied every one !!! and then got my payment in july ??? stupid all together

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

so i take it from reading this thread that they (SW) are delaying on purpose so as to save money?

or piss people off in the hope that they'd emigrate or in a migrants case > go back home??

is that the vibe??

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I have been waiting since Oct last year. Have been getting payments from the CWO since April. This morning I found that the SWO had closed my claim because I wasn't available for interview when the inspector came out. My mum, my brother and my sister were also at home at the time given and no one ever came to the door looking for me.

I appealed the decision 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing. So went back into SWO and they have opened a new claim for me. I can do nothing about the back pay for the original claim until the appeal has been heard. Shower of b***ards.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Podman

notsobusy wrote: »
    I have been waiting since Oct last year. Have been getting payments from the CWO since April. This morning I found that the SWO had closed my claim because I wasn't available for interview when the inspector came out. My mum, my brother and my sister were also at home at the time given and no one ever came to the door looking for me.

I appealed the decision 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing. So went back into SWO and they have opened a new claim for me. I can do nothing about the back pay for the original claim until the appeal has been heard. Shower of b***ards.

That happened to me in Finglas, it turned out that the inspector called to the wrong house. (Story)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

I applied for the dole after finishing a VTOS course and was told that because the course was for 2 years I would have to apply for the assistance. So I filled out all the forms, in the hope that I would be intitled to something (married man with 2 kids and a wife who travels over a 1000 miles a week to and from work, this situation is doing nothing for my head) so I had applied for a community welfare scheme, basically you get the dole and they pay you the same for 19.5hrs work a week. after gettin the form to fill out there was a bit for the dole office to fill in. I brought it to them, the girl had a quick look at it and without talkin to anyone she told me I was not entitled to any money:confused::confused:.
    Two days later I had a letter from the deciding officer confirming what the clerk had already told me. How is a dole office clerk able to make a decision and judgement that quick, when all these people are waiting months? when It's in the dole office favour the decision is made at the drop of a hat, whats that all about??
    I F**kin hate this country, and all the bull**** that goes with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

the GALL wrote: »
    I applied for the dole after finishing a VTOS course and was told that because the course was for 2 years I would have to apply for the assistance. So I filled out all the forms, in the hope that I would be intitled to something (married man with 2 kids and a wife who travels over a 1000 miles a week to and from work, this situation is doing nothing for my head) so I had applied for a community welfare scheme, basically you get the dole and they pay you the same for 19.5hrs work a week. after gettin the form to fill out there was a bit for the dole office to fill in. I brought it to them, the girl had a quick look at it and without talkin to anyone she told me I was not entitled to any money:confused::confused:.
    Two days later I had a letter from the deciding officer confirming what the clerk had already told me. How is a dole office clerk able to make a decision and judgement that quick, when all these people are waiting months? when It's in the dole office favour the decision is made at the drop of a hat, whats that all about??
    I F**kin hate this country, and all the bull**** that goes with it.
    What does your wife earn? I suspect this is how the clerk was able to tell you were entitled to nothing. Simple enough process really.

Advertisement