Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a video of your swing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Looks like your feet are set up for a draw ? Sensible shot there. Are they ?

You over swing a bit (as I imagine you know) - but looks like a swing we would all like.

Yes set up for a draw, over swing is only something i do with driver, probably becasue i'm trying to swing it faster but I definitely would rather it a bit shorter.

Good looking swing yaya. Take away is definitely on the inside & right hand looks very strong from what I can see. But if you're hitting it well I wouldn't be thinking of changing anything

Yes I used to hit a big fade so pretty much fought that away with coming taking away on the inside and having a stronger right hand, I am trying to loosen that right hand.

I don't know, if I give you tips will you invite me over to play on that lovely course?

If it ain't broke don't fix it, especially during the scoring season.

You are coming over the top a bit, your hands look a bit close to your body at impact, and you aren't releasing it fully.

I would imagine most of this would be fixed if you weren't coming over the top, but I'll let a professional confirm that rather than taking my word on it.

Well unfortunately its not my home course, Frank Stableford Open is on this weekend, I only made the reserve list but still got a free practice round out of it. Cheshire County Championship is in Royal Liverpool in a months time so thats another one to look forward to.

Thankfully I don't come over the top as much as I used to, it is still something I need to work on though. Release was only really cut short as I was trying to stear it and keep it low. Hands close to the body on the down swing is a problem for me, using my wedges I often hit my right pocket on little pitch shots or on putts.

Thanks for the feedback folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

New phone so even more time to see mistakes.

This was a good shot, ball ended up right side of the green, just on.

Set up is so far to the right due to fear of pull :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

I Really couldn't decide if the first video was Normal speed or SloMo, until I saw the second video.

If you could do the first without the aid of app in real life, you have it nailed.

Sorry, it might a bit harsh, but can't help that first impression..

whizbang wrote: »
    I Really couldn't decide if the first video was Normal speed or SloMo, until I saw the second video.

If you could do the first without the aid of app in real life, you have it nailed.

Sorry, it might a bit harsh, but can't help that first impression..
    Same video just different speeds so not sure how one is better than the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭whizbang

..it looks like your swing is just way too fast. maybe its the recording, but..!

• Advertisement

whizbang wrote: »
    ..it looks like your swing is just way too fast. maybe its the recording, but..!

My tempo?

It's something my pro mentioned but we decided until I can dedicate more time we'd leave it as is for now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    My tempo?

It's something my pro mentioned but we decided until I can dedicate more time we'd leave it as is for now

What has he got you working on? Or what has he identified that he would look at first Dan?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Looks like your right leg is almost locked straight. You need to get some flex in that as turning against it rather than pivoting around it will help generate power and more consistency IMO. Also, setting up right due to fear of a pull is counter productive, the more you set up right the more you'll have to flip the hands to get the club squared up.

PARlance wrote: »
    What has he got you working on? Or what has he identified that he would look at first Dan?

Haven't been to him for a full lesson for a while. It was basics really. posture and alignment/ball position.

fullstop wrote: »
    Looks like your right leg is almost locked straight. You need to get some flex in that as turning against it rather than pivoting around it will help generate power and more consistency IMO. Also, setting up right due to fear of a pull is counter productive, the more you set up right the more you'll have to flip the hands to get the club squared up.

Getting more flex in my leg is something I find hard to do. It's another thing I'll need help with I think rather than trying to change it on my own.

During a round I'll just play with what I have. On the range I'll set up square

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You and me both. Get a golf ball under the right foot and it will stop it locking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

You look very upright to me. I'd have you sticking your arse out a little and bent forward a little more from the hips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Keano wrote:
    You and me both. Get a golf ball under the right foot and it will stop it locking

There was nothing wrong with ur leg movement in Carton, I spent the whole day admiring the constant flex through your whole swing....was very jealous a day cause I lock out my right knee on back swing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Untitled_12.jpg
    http://postimg.org/image/5xm08kka3/

Downswing (left image), back swing (right)
    I see a little deviation off the swing plane which you are starting out on which may explain pulls (I'd seek a second opinion on that though)

Thanks for all the feedback.

Swing plane is something I'm conscious of, not sure if I need to change it but something I'll bring up.

The straight back leg is something i'm very keen to ask the pro about as it seems to be connected to my over swing.

Posture is an ongoing thing but will look at it also

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

shaunac93 wrote: »
    There was nothing wrong with ur leg movement in Carton, I spent the whole day admiring the constant flex through your whole swing....was very jealous a day cause I lock out my right knee on back swing!
    I'd just had a lesson so was probably over doing it! Didn't do me a whole pile of good though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Keano wrote:
    I'd just had a lesson so was probably over doing it! Didn't do me a whole pile of good though

Leg work was perfect, head needs to calm down a bit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Leg work was perfect, head needs to calm down a bit :)

I'm sick of telling him that ;)

kiers47 wrote: »
    Ssh you two!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

kiers47 wrote: »

Aren't we all?!!!!!:P:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

TI spent the whole day admiring the constant flex through your whole swing

Admiring his flex eh? Oh my :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91fctdc9PcU&feature=youtu.be

18 handicap - the only vid I have for now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91fctdc9PcU&feature=youtu.be

18 handicap - the only vid I have for now.

Just a note - the video is set to private so can't be shared. ;)

Thanks - Have changed the permissions so should be good now.

My over the top'ness.

The last camera angle makes it look a bit worse than it is or highlights just how bad :D . Working on alignment but trying to do it gradually. Range->Review video->Range->Review etc

giphy.gif

I like this one to be fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

dan_ep82 wrote: »

New phone so even more time to see mistakes.

This was a good shot, ball ended up right side of the green, just on.

Set up is so far to the right due to fear of pull :(

hi dan_ep82,
    Just my opinion,
    I would agree with the other lads about the alignment and not keeping the back leg braced.but i know from my own game that its not easy change.
    What i see in general is a inside and flat backswing.[just before your left arm is parallel to the ground on the backswing,a line drawn through the clubshaft points outside the ball} which then causes in your case a steep downswing because the club has now where else to go.To avoid the pull the body has to stand up abit at impact.I find this drill very good when i bring the club to the inside and flat ,it could be a nice drill for you to try out on the range,i hit alot of balls with this drill.The first few times i tried it i went to the range early in the morning :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCgS7cIu7sc

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mikepajero182

First time posting here, any pointers appreciated.
    Started off 22 three years ago, down to 15 now. Would love to see 12 this year. A lot of work gone into swing, posture, alignment etc with the help of lessons.
    The last few months especially my ball striking has gotten a lot better, but still plagued by a big push shot and/or a low hook on my bad days. Something seems a bit wrong at the top of my swing, anyone have any drills or advice?

http://youtu.be/RGOlZ8wIvGQ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

First time posting here, any pointers appreciated.
    Started off 22 three years ago, down to 15 now. Would love to see 12 this year. A lot of work gone into swing, posture, alignment etc with the help of lessons.
    The last few months especially my ball striking has gotten a lot better, but still plagued by a big push shot and/or a low hook on my bad days. Something seems a bit wrong at the top of my swing, anyone have any drills or advice?
    You are very quick imo starting down. There is no pause at the top of the backswing. My best drives were when I could get my hands high at the top of the backswing, and then start down slowly and apply speed from about hip height. That is what it felt like, but it was probably only a slight slowing down of the top part of the swing. Slowing down probably gives your body time to wind up better, and that gives a better release.
    You looked like you were slightly too far from the ball.

Advertisement