Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally given up on the Sporting Emprium!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

thechamp87 wrote: »
    The fitz main game plays much, much bigger every night.

The patrons of the Emporium are like a beaten woman who continues to belief that her husband will change one day and that it will all be better, he is just mis-understood and its actually her fault.

Get a grip guys - he doesn't love you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

The games are not actually playing that deep if theirs a live 5 and effective stacks are 400.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

opr wrote: »
    The games are not actually playing that deep if theirs a live 5 and effective stacks are 400.

Opr

The live 5 only got going about 4am when it was obvious nobody else was coming in. 1/2 PL all night up till then.. The banter was class though..

Jay ''da lip''

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

thechamp87 wrote: »
    The fitz main game plays much, much bigger every night.

Someone was telling me earlier that there was at least 12k on the table last Tuesday near the end of the game. That is pretty big for a 1/2/5 game in Dublin, and is not that rare an occurance either I have been led to believe in the early hours of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

5starpool wrote: »
    Someone was telling me earlier that there was at least 12k on the table last Tuesday near the end of the game. That is pretty big for a 1/2/5 game in Dublin, and is not that rare an occurance either I have been led to believe in the early hours of the morning.

wow, who needs omaha dom, with that action - must have been alot of action to get that amount of money on the table...

• Advertisement

As I said, I wasn't there. I have only actually played cash in there once in the last 3 or 4 weeks I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

The main hold em game in the fitz is running very big recently. Regularly about 10k on the table by 3am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

Is there any news on this??

I know kev had a meeting and that bigbadpat mentioned a new schedule but would like either the SE or kev to come on with an official statement as to what changes are taking place??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Is there any news on this??

I know kev had a meeting and that bigbadpat mentioned a new schedule but would like either the SE or kev to come on with an official statement as to what changes are taking place??
    Ok Rory,I am sure Alex will be posting the new Schedule over the next day or two. As you mentioned over the last two weeks I have met with the Management of the SE. I gave some suggestions,highlighted plenty of issues and put forward some ideas for a change in the Schedule. In fairness to them they were very open to change and have gone with alot of my(when i say my ideas,i got alot of great ideas from alot of people) suggestions. Anyway over the next while you will hopefully see some positive changes in relation to the card room starting what i think most will agree is a really strong Tournament schedule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Sooo you havent finally given up on the SE??

• Advertisement

WP.I was expecting that comment from someone. I really couldnt see them making any changes but they have and i am more than prepared to give them another go. Happy to swallow my pride on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

WP.I was expecting that comment from someone. I really couldnt see them making any changes but they have and i am more than prepared to give them another go. Happy to swallow my pride on this one

from a spitter to a swallower in one thread. Doms analogy about the loyal bint and the bastard boyfriend seems more and more apt.:D i always knew he loved me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Ah was just actin the boliix, fair play for making the effort to improve it. Ive always liked playing in there, think its the best setup, shame about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

The new schedule is very good value for the size of the buy in's.Hopefully the changes will have the desired effect.

smoothcall wrote: »
    Ah was just actin the boliix, fair play for making the effort to improve it. Ive always liked playing in there, think its the best setup, shame about the rest.
    No offence taken,New schedule up on the the Tournaments area for those interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭AmarilloFats

Even thou i was only there for a short time (horrible beat) i was in absolute stitches, Tom Kitt came out with one of the best jokes i have heard in ages, it was perfect :pac: :D:)

Find tom kitt more annoying/offensive than funny! :pac: marmite imo

Emporium on saturday night (after leinster v Munster game) was great. 4 cash tables including a NL game.
    Is there usually a NL in the fitz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Don't get out too often was in the SE last night and a night a couple of weeks ago and there was feck all action going on. Done well on the 1/2 PL though so not too bad. I think the tournament only had 2 tables not sure about that though only went in for a cash game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

Emporium on saturday night (after leinster v Munster game) was great. 4 cash tables including a NL game.
    Is there usually a NL in the fitz

hey i was at the table too on sat playing the NL game. who are you amarillo?? was a good fun game have to say. and also agree with you about Tom.

also agree with you about Tom.

I am so delighted aomeone else feels like this too. I was afraid to say anything for fear of being on the end of Mr Kitt mans offensive jokes. He bullies me...

• Advertisement

Stand up for yourself Jay, or he will walk all over you in his warm, soft, womanly footwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

hey i was at the table too on sat playing the NL game. who are you amarillo?? was a good fun game have to say. and also agree with you about Tom.
    I have a feeling I was in this game too around the time of the fight. Blurry memories though in fairness it had been a long day! Im just happy I had no bank card with me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

LOL Jay

In my experience when someone who doesn't know you goes out of their way to insult you, it's usually a result of their own insecurities rather than your own faults.

I would like to know who you are though.

I'm not in the business of offending people so will watch my behaviour when ur at the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Stand up for yourself Jay, or he will walk all over you in his warm, soft, womanly footwear.

yeah, what is with those boots Tom, even Eartha Kitt wouldn't wear those. Obviously been telling culchie joke then. *they are a bit sensitive in their munster jerseys atm*

I dont know him too well Dom but all I know is that he walks on kittens and feels no remorse whatsoever...

I was the bearded sobering guy in approx seat 4.

Tom - it's just me... whats the craic.. You know i was rooting for you when you got in with QcTc.

LOL Jay

In my experience when someone who doesn't know you goes out of their way to insult you, it's usually a result of their own insecurities rather than your own faults.

I would like to know who you are though.

I'm not in the business of offending people so will watch my behaviour when ur at the table.

Hi,
    I am a product of a bullied childhood and I just get offended at some of your jokes. You intimidate me that is all so yaa yaa maybe it is my own insecurities. But maybe YOU should take the time to be more considerate to the feelings of other players at the table.

As to who I am, well thats just typical of your uncaring nature.. I ve played with you on many an occasion.

All I ask is for some consideration and thought when you are playing poker. You can be quite rude and offensive.

LOL

you got me good robbie

Jay, you know the rules.

You're not allowed have an opinion on anything until you've paid everyone back the money you owe.

• Advertisement

Jayminator wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am a product of a bullied childhood and I just get offended at some of your jokes. You intimidate me that is all so yaa yaa maybe it is my own insecurities. But maybe YOU should take the time to be more considerate to the feelings of other players at the table.

As to who I am, well thats just typical of your uncaring nature.. I ve played with you on many an occasion.

All I ask is for some consideration and thought when you are playing poker. You can be quite rude and offensive.

Is this a joke? Tom is the funniest thing this side of josephine brand. seriously though - a bit of banter and chats at the table make all the difference. Most enjoyable game of poker ive had for a year on saturday nite.....

Advertisement