Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AZBOX /Elite / HD / Premium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 guff daddy

Been interested in one of these boxes for a while but I really wanted the dual Sat tuner functionality so I held off on purchasing - luckily!

Now that the Premium Plus is out it might be time to look again.
    I believe the box can run the CAM software I want :D but I'm not sure of the whole EPG/PVR piece.
    Can it provide a 7 day Sky EPG (either through OpenSAT or xml download)?

• Subscribers Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Sky UK / Sky IT / Freesat/Irish DTT epg are working along with your fav cam :)

will post pics later. Feeds are fine and software for blind scan is still be worked on. Youtube is actually very good much better than on my DM800

Sounds cool. I have a DM800 also but I can't justify moving up to a DM8000.

Is series link functionality available on the AZBox?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Sky UK / Sky IT / Freesat/Irish DTT epg are working along with your fav cam :)

Where did you purchase the Azbox ?

Anyone know a satellite shop open in Dublin today ?

Thx

• Advertisement

http://www.saortv.com/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=63

Paul is the name of the guy, I collected mine in Kildare from him yesterday.

Series link is not working yet, but remember Sky have had years to perfect there epg

Series link is not working yet, but remember Sky have had years to perfect there epg
    True, true...

Any sign of anyone working to port Enigma2 plugins to the box? I'm thinking specifically of the AutoTimer plugin for the DM800/8000 which in my view is actually better than the Sky+ Series Link function (more fiddly, but more configurable)

Always seems to be more and more plugins coming online. This morning setup fav list and channel list I have to say I am very very impressed. Multicas is rock solid on it which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

@TCP/IP

If i could ask you is SLY UK 100% now on cccam on AZBOX....

i spent a about 2 weeks when the AZ BOX came out 1st with different variations of CCam with limited results....i.e worked for 20mins then freeze...very buggy on SLY HD...had to keep start/stopping cccam... that was 6 months or so ago...
    i have let it sit there now for a while.... time to get it back working and doing what i bought it for....

What version cccam for Azbox are u using
    what firmware for AZBOX.....

cramp

cramp wrote: »
    @TCP/IP

If i could ask you is SLY UK 100% now on cccam on AZBOX....

i spent a about 2 weeks when the AZ BOX came out 1st with different variations of CCam with limited results....i.e worked for 20mins then freeze...very buggy on SLY HD...had to keep start/stopping cccam... that was 6 months or so ago...
    i have let it sit there now for a while.... time to get it back working and doing what i bought it for....

What version cccam for Azbox are u using
    what firmware for AZBOX.....

cramp

It has been 100% for me no problems at all. Dont use CCCam use Multicas latest version and all you do with is input your details and away you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

@ cramp. Still using the Elite myself. Switched over from CCCam to Multicas as in my opinion it overtook it in regards to stability and quality. No issues with Sly HD would say its 99% there. Still no euro EPG though, it was there at one stage but disappeared a few firmwares ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Apogee

@TCP/IP - is the dual tuner side of things working OK on the Premium+ i.e. record from one tuner and watch on the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

just correction on the epg - only now and next on sky uk and sky italia. they had implemented for few weeks a 3 day epg which was downloaded onto box from transponder but has since been deactuvated. been waiting for ages for them to implement one now but still no sign!!

If you dont use the very latest firmware the epg still works. As for dual recording I have the box in the kitchen so dont have a second feed in there yet hopefully sorted next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,467 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Lads,
    Have over a couple of hundred gig of data on the boxes internal HDD at the moment, between music, films, pictures.
    I would ideally like to get a weekly backup of this data to my USB hard drive. How can I go above automating this?

Also, I believe someone mentioned that there was a Torrent client available for the box. Can anyone point me to where I can download it or if there are any handy addons for the box available that couple be useful?

Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zoinc

taung wrote: »
    Hmmmm, that's a tough nut to crack!

If fear your only option is to get an FM tuner card/dongle for your computer, setup an MP3/AAC streaming service from this computer, connect up your computer to your WiFi network, download the 'iradio' plugin for your AZBOX and away you go! It's as simple :Das that!

Thanks for the advice, I would go down that route but I can't seem to find a dongle that'll take fm radio through coaxial. There's no way I could get a tuner card for the azbox that'd be compatible?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

zoinc wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice, I would go down that route but I can't seem to find a dongle that'll take fm radio through coaxial.

Yes there is, there's loads about.

Not trying to push my wares or anything but I've a twin tuner tv card that has an FM connection via coaxial advertised on adverts.ie :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 zoinc

gtg60 wrote: »
    Yes there is, there's loads about.

Not trying to push my wares or anything but I've a twin tuner tv card that has an FM connection via coaxial advertised on adverts.ie :o

Sorry gtg60, what i meant to say was that I couldn't find a dongle that does fm radio through coaxial without having tv as well. I don't want to fork out a lot of money for a tv card when all I want is the radio option. (espically when upc might at any stage discontinue the radio broadcasts). I would consider your card but it's a pc card not a laptop card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

use Multicas latest version and all you do with is input your details and away you go.

Just got my Premium, where do I get Multicas? whats the best current firmware??

Can't seem to get youtube working? see a clip,click OK and just get "There are no videos" any ideas?

Thanks JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭irishchris

hi guys

i am looking at selling my azbox premium which i purchased 6 months ago. unfortuantely my tevion 42" hd tv went belly up last week and i am not in finacial position to buy a new one so dont see the point in having a hd reciever on my old sd tv. so i am resorting back to my dm600 sd. i paid 369 euro just over 6 months ago for it so am looking at offers of at 200+ which i think is a very fair price. if interested pm me.

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

This is a copy of a post sent to Saortv forum, no answer, so I'll try here.

==========================================================

OK, I got a movie, which plays perfect on my PC, in WMP, KMP, even Real Player.

Video is as below, looks perfect:

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (MPEG)
    Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Duration : 2h 8mn
    Bit rate : 1 767 Kbps
    Width : 704 pixels
    Height : 384 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.273
    Stream size : 1.59 GiB (79%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Sound is as below, but will not Sync to Video on the AzBox:

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Codec ID : 2000
    Duration : 2h 8mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Stream size : 412 MiB (20%)
    Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 512 ms

Initially, tried streaming from my PC, played OK video-wise, but sound not synced.

D/l'ed to the AzBox, after half an hour, (why is d/load to Box from PC so sloooooowwwwwwww.)

Anyway, eventually the movie arrived on my AzBox HD, same thing.

Can't watch this movie, but it is OK on my PC.

Are there sound settings I have to set up to allow this to sync up OK and play properly on the AzBox?

My AzBox is the Premium, with a self-installed HD.

TV is this Panasonic, purchased from iBood, bloody great!!!

Any help at all appreciated,

Thanks, IP

EDIT:

OK, further info, I am using the HDMI connection from the AzBox to the Telly.

Using FW 0.9.3686

I figure I just need help from someone here to set up the Audio on the Box properly.

Anyone??

TIA.

BUMP.
    Greenman wrote: »
    Can't seem to get youtube working? see a clip,click OK and just get "There are no videos" any ideas?

Thanks JD.

@irishpancake
    I replied over at the saortv forum.

@Greenman
    Did you get my PM from a few days ago?
    Anyway, what firmware are you currently using?

@Greenman
    Did you get my PM from a few days ago?

Anyway, what firmware are you currently using?

I got it thanks but because of weather conditions I never made it to my pal.

I'm using 0.92880

Any tips re Youtube?

Thanks again JD:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dxhound2003

I think that Youtube problem was only on 2880, solved on later firmwares.

Wow! 2880, that's pretty old, try one from here:
    http://fw.azupd.com/
    Do you know how to update via USB?

I think that Youtube problem was only on 2880, solved on later firmwares.

Yes tnx.

Now trying to load up firmware on the USB stick, getting an error.

What firmware is working well at the moment?

JD.

http://fw.azupd.com/

BUMP

Still getting ERROR Fail to update via USB:confused:

Any help welcome:)

Make sure your USB stick is formatted in FAT and rename the firmware as patch.bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭derek_c

Greenman wrote: »
    BUMP

Still getting ERROR Fail to update via USB:confused:

Any help welcome:)

Make sure the file on the memory stick is called patch.bin

Advertisement