Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2009

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

anyone happen to hear A Different Mirror by Toki Wright? Really good album, one of the better i've heard this year, looking forward to hearing more from him

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

anyone happen to hear A Different Mirror by Toki Wright? Really good album, one of the better i've heard this year, looking forward to hearing more from him

Yep. and i posted stuff on this thread a while back about it!

Brilliant album, very fresh. One of the best releases of the year. Rhymesayers have had a really good year.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Yep. and i posted stuff on this thread a while back about it!

Brilliant album, very fresh. One of the best releases of the year. Rhymesayers have had a really good year.

That's prob where i got it from so :rolleyes: cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You might like M.anifest, he's part of Toki's crew. Free mixtape available on his site:

http://www.manifestmc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Lil Wayne feat Emnem - drop the world
    http://www.zshare.net/audio/69911718fed06149/

Em is tearing it up again, good to hear him spit again without mentioning murdering people! That flow is sinister!

Wayne doesnt sound too bad here either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

New Slum Village EP out.

That's prob where i got it from so :rolleyes: cheers

Here's a song by I.B.E. featuring Toki Wright, no idea who I.B.E. is

great song

And to go along with that, def one of my favourite tunes of the year...

And to go along with that, def one of my favourite tunes of the year...
    great song, but i think there are some better ones on the album

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Free track from Raekwon, hes been on fire lately, really like this beat aswell

http://usershare.net/j1ghortook6h

• Advertisement

Just heard an album by Kill The Vultures called Ecce Beast. Kill The Vultures is a duo from Minniapolis, Cresent Moon and some other producer guy. If you've seen any Atmpshpere DVD's then you've probably seen Cresent Moon, he was the hype man back on the God Loves Ugly Tour and has popped up on a few Rhymesayers albums.

This album is fantastic but not for everyone....moody beats, solid crisp drums, horns, double bass, lyrics fueled by imagery and delivered by CM's unique voice. Really feeling this album and gonna put it on loop for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lads have any of you heard the Electrik Red album this year? It got a five star review in the Guardian earlier which got my interest. Is it Hippy Hoppy or R'n B or what? :o

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Lads have any of you heard the Electrik Red album this year? It got a five star review in the Guardian earlier which got my interest. Is it Hippy Hoppy or R'n B or what? :o
    never heard of it.

Something else i havent heard of mentioned, Qwel and Maker had an album this year and a trusted source tells me it's album of the year.

Must get a listen to it.

Advertisement