Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

I heard about that edan album about a month ago, glad to see it wasn't just rumours, looking forward to hearing it!

by the way heres a youtube link to those madvillain snippets, sounds good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKs3hsFzNfg&feature=player_embedded

and heres the eminem, mos def and black thought cypher, they all murder it!
    http://rapradar.com/2009/10/27/da-cypher-mos-def-black-thought-eminem/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Eminem's album Infinite is being re-released on the 2nd of November.

As far as I know, and I'm open to correction, this is the first time it's been released in cd format.

It was floating around on 50 Cent's site last year but it'll be good to get a hard copy of it

i seen infinite in hmv on grafton st. a few weeks back

by the way 50 cents new album is out their, going to give it a listen tonight

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Eminem's album Infinite is being re-released on the 2nd of November.

As far as I know, and I'm open to correction, this is the first time it's been released in cd format.

It was floating around on 50 Cent's site last year but it'll be good to get a hard copy of it

There are a few nice moments on Infinite, but it's quite raw. Lets hope there's a little remastering done to tidy up the sound.

I think there where like 2000 copies initially pressed on CD, could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There are a few nice moments on Infinite, but it's quite raw. Lets hope there's a little remastering done to tidy up the sound.

I think there where like 2000 copies initially pressed on CD, could be wrong

Yea I think it was around that number alright.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for it to be released again really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yea I think it was around that number alright.

I'm surprised it's taken so long for it to be released again really

I'm pretty sure it's because his style is nothing like what made him popular and people most likely wont recognise him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

New CunninLynguists, Gift of Gab and Blockhead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Makaveli wrote: »
    New CunninLynguists, Gift of Gab and Blockhead!
    by chance of rambling through this thread, and reading your post, I now know that Blockhead has a rew realise.... good man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

December 6th, iCon The Mic K!ng and Chum the Skrilla Gorilla release their new album Flavour Aide, ish is amazing.

The new Camp Lo album called The Heist sounds damn good so far!

• Advertisement

by chance of rambling through this thread, and reading your post, I now know that Blockhead has a rew realise.... good man
    listening to Blockhead at the moment, 3 tracks deep and i'm really impressed.

The whole of Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez is being streamed on the Felt myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/mursandslug

EDIT: Just finished listening to it and think it's really good. Totally different sound to the first 2, doesnt really have that west coast bounce to it that the others had. Going to dive in for a second listen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The new Cunninlynguists is their best work since A Piece Of Strange.

Rakims new album is out there.....

Souls of Mischief have a new album coming out in December, full Prince Paul production, RapReviewers gave it 9/10 ( 9.5/10 for beats ) should be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The whole of Felt 3: A Tribute to Rosie Perez is being streamed on the Felt myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/mursandslug

EDIT: Just finished listening to it and think it's really good. Totally different sound to the first 2, doesnt really have that west coast bounce to it that the others had. Going to dive in for a second listen now.

Looking forward to this. Felt 2 is one of my favourite albums of all time. Really hope this lives up to that standard (or comes somewhat near)

floggg wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. Felt 2 is one of my favourite albums of all time. Really hope this lives up to that standard (or comes somewhat near)
    it's not like the others, but realy good

New Rakim is available.

New Rakim is available.

i've mixed feelings on this. Rakim is on point, no doubting that. The choice of hooks and beats has been a bit of a let down. But, i'll defo go back in for another listen.

As for Gift of Gabs album, i was also a bit let down by this although i think it is better than 4th Dimension.....but nowhere near any Blackalicious records.

Blockheads album is great, very suprised at how good it is.

Lifted from HipHopDX
    West coast rapper Ras Kass announced the release date for his next project since incarceration, The Quarterly. The album, which was originally slated to drop within the first quarter of 2009 will be available for download November 23 via RasKass-Central.com.

The Quarterly includes eighteen tracks, the first 10 weeks, and eight additional songs boasting collaborations by Killah Priest, Mistah F.A.B. and Krondon of Strong Arm Steady, with production from Pete Rock, Veterano, and more.

The first 500 people to visit the website on its release date will receive a link to download the album for free.

Tracklisting
    1. Mike Jack
    2. Amazin (feat. Neenah) [Prod. by Veterano]
    3. A Game (feat. E-Note) [Prod. by Da Riffs]
    4. Pop Life (feat. Aaron G West) [Prod. by AGW]
    5. Started Sumthin (feat. Krondon (of Strong Arm Steady) & Maria)
    [Prod. by Sir Jinx]
    6. If This World Was Mine (feat. Doo Wop) [Prod. by Pete Rock]
    7. Thank You By Ras Kass [Prod. by Sincere]
    8. Armored Truck (feat. Remedy (of Stupid Americans)) [Prod. by Sincere]
    9. Milli Vanilli (feat. Killah Priest) [Prod. by Veterano]
    10. The Reconciliation (feat. Phil Johnson) [Prod. by Thayod Ausar]
    11. LA Is My Lady (feat. Stacee Adams) [Prod. by Veterano]
    12. Silver Surfer Swagger (feat. Mistah F.A.B. & Pinky) [Prod. by Thayod Ausar]
    13. Since U Been Gone (feat. Tracy Rhey) [Prod. by Tha Bizness]
    14. Almost Famous [Prod. by Thayod Ausar]
    15. Gotten By On My Own - Livn Proof (feat. Ras Kass) [Prod. by Level 13]
    16. Take That Off (feat. Ray J) [Prod. by Da Rebel Group]
    17. How Many Shots - Remedy (of Stupid Americans) (feat. Ras Kass)
    [Prod. by DJ Wolfgang Gartner]
    18. Silver Surfer Swagger (feat. Sinful a.k.a. El Pecador) [Prod. by Thayod Ausar]

Should be interesting.

Orizio wrote: »
    The new Cunninlynguists is their best work since A Piece Of Strange.
    just listened to this, brilliant album. I got my hands on the delux edition which includes the intrumentals. The instumental album alone would challenge other instrumentals released in the past couple of years.

• Advertisement

New Ras Kass album? Hope its good, when hes on form he's a beast!

Snippets of the new Clipse album if anyones interested

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002MIK0NK/kanyew-21

Clipse album is one I've been looking forward to for a long time now. Roll on December.

Clipse album is one I've been looking forward to for a long time now. Roll on December.

Yeah judging by the snippets it sounds really promising, I only started to get into the Clipse so ill definetly check out the new album when its released!

horsebox09 wrote: »
    Yeah judging by the snippets it sounds really promising, I only started to get into the Clipse so ill definetly check out the new album when its released!
    some of this is impresive, really like the sound of popular demand, but there a few there dont dont really grab me. Champion and Footsteps are examples of ones i dont dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

New BlakRoc and O.C. & A.G. out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

I saw a review for this on xxl.com. It got a good right up - 4 out of 5. It might be a bit closer to lord willin than he'll hath no fury, but both were classics in my book so I'll take it (although he'll hath was clearly their best work)

New Wu track off the Wu Massacre, Meth vs Chef pt.2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWvlfyoPl68&feature=player_embedded

Track is a banging imo! Don't think its finished though, but good to hear some new Wu stuff!

New Clipse album is out there, 'bout to give it a spin!

After my 1st listen I think this is a solid album, its definetly their most mainstream album though

Starts out great, first 3 tracks are all bangers imo, but ''showing out'' is ruined by a terrible beat ( reminds me of cukoo off the slaughterhouse album) the verses are really good though

The last 2 tracks are great aswell, but the album does kind of falter around the edges, mostly because of the beats or because some of the tracks having more singing on them than rapping, they weren't skippable, but could have been better

I'll give this a few more listens, at the moment ''popular demand'' is on repeat, so maybe some of the tracks im not feeling will grow on me, but I enjoyed the album on first listen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Woo! I ****ing love Clipse, and Neptunes production. Must go hunting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Its really for 2010 but meh :D

New album coming from Murs & 9th Wonder - Fornever

No date yet tho but can't wait

Advertisement