Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip-Hop 2009

Options
  • 09-04-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

What are people feeling in Hip-Hop 2009?

For those who don't know, new Nas/Damien Marley and The Roots albums coming in June.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Cullo

Orizio wrote: »
    What are people feeling in Hip-Hop 2009?

For those who don't know, new Nas/Damien Marley and The Roots albums coming in June.

that choon on jamrock with nas and marley was savage prob the best on the album imo...is that an album there workin on together?? the black thought/marley choon was also nice, would be interestin to see an album by them all...would never happen tho!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There are some new albums that i'm looking forward to, Sims, Otter Darling, Brother Ali, The Roots, Dre (if it gets a release :)), Mr. Lif, Kurious George, Mef and Redman, A-Trak, Abstract Rude, Raekwon.

Could be a good year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

The Lif album leaked, pretty nice after one listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Looking forward to the new Clipse album too and the second CunninLynguists album.
    Is Jay-Z releasing one too this year? And Kanye is supposed to have a one as well.

Could be a very good year.

New Lif isn't bad. Was kind of only half listening to it but first impressions are positive.

Does anyone prefer to listen to the instrumentals at the end of the new Cunninlynguists over the vocal versions?

Jay is supposed to be releasing Blueprint 3, not sure about Kanye.

My fave stuff so far, the stuff I would suggest getting...

1. Dirty Genes - Mojoe (OutKast and Cunninlynguists fans get this)
    2. More Gray Hairs - Reks
    3. Troubadour - K'naan
    4. Beautiful: Opus of Love Deeper Than Flesh - Kan Kick
    5. All In A Day's Work - Saigon

6. A Strange Journey - Cunninlynguists

Load of other stuff I am listening to, some stuff I have forgotten as well.

• Advertisement

Makaveli wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new Clipse album too and the second CunninLynguists album.
    Is Jay-Z releasing one too this year? And Kanye is supposed to have a one as well.

Could be a very good year.

New Lif isn't bad. Was kind of only half listening to it but first impressions are positive.

Looks like your right, got a new single out called 'I'm A Gay Fish', pretty banging...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Do you like fish sticks?
    Do you like fish sticks in your mouth?

You're a gay fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,010 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

The POS album was good, when is th Big Boi album out lads?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

After hearing Move On I really can't wait for the Slaughterhouse joint, should be out end of the summer.

Padded Room is tight too, amalgam digital fooked the distro though, like seriosuly shot themselves in the foot.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Forgot about the new Illogic album too, have really high hopes for this.

There's a clip banging about of Aesop Rock in the studio laying down a rhyme for an Illogic song which is pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Looking forward to the "Child Rebel Soldier (CRS)" album. Its a group consisting of Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

Rumor has it that Detox is on hold till next year. Don't think it will come out at this stage.

Jay-Z is suppossed to come out with Blueprint 3. If its anything like his last album American Gangster well then we're in for a good one.

Doubt 50 cent album will be any good.

Eminem has a new song out, we made you. It's dreadful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Buck 65 playing 4 gigs here this month.
    http://www.myspace.com/buck65

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Looking forward to the "Child Rebel Soldier (CRS)" album. Its a group consisting of Lupe Fiasco, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

Rumor has it that Detox is on hold till next year. Don't think it will come out at this stage.

Jay-Z is suppossed to come out with Blueprint 3. If its anything like his last album American Gangster well then we're in for a good one.

Doubt 50 cent album will be any good.

Eminem has a new song out, we made you. It's dreadful!!

+1 on the CRS album.

Also looking forward to Blueprint 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Looks like your right, got a new single out called 'I'm A Gay Fish', pretty banging...

Better than most of his recent stuff.... :D New Reks album is pretty tight, can't find the Mojoe album for dl tho which is annoying me

dl on way......

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Seaneh wrote: »
    After hearing Move On I really can't wait for the Slaughterhouse joint, should be out end of the summer.

Padded Room is tight too, amalgam digital fooked the distro though, like seriosuly shot themselves in the foot.

Ditto to the Slaughterhouse joint - the fact that Joe and Royce will be on the same album is enough for me.

Can't co-sign that Padded Room statement though, I was really disappointed with it.

New Cage album due this year too, just been listening to a few tracks off it and it sounds great, nothing left to say is exceptionally good...produced by el producto

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

the mf doom album is pretty good, and i am looking forward to the new Guru album.

As far as I can tell Little Brother - with 9th Wonder - have an album coming out in the summer.

The Golden Era - Verbal Threat is something I am actually excited about, its going to be off the hook!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Strange_Fruit

As far as I can tell Little Brother - with 9th Wonder - have an album coming out in the summer.

Nada,and the rumor of them being signed to def jam was not true either

• Advertisement

I know that regarding Def Jam, but they are due to release an album this year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The DOOM album is far from his best but still pretty good compared to what else is around.

The new Rick Ross album is the best commercial album I've heard in a couple of years. The beats are lush with phenomenal hooks and largely great guest spots. It doesn't matter that he can't rap when it sounds this nice.

I've heard the new UGK album is excellent as well but I haven't gotten around to grabbing it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

New Reflection Eternal album is on the way in the summer. Should be good.

At this stage, i don't want to see a new blackstar - given mos def's new stuff, i think it would only tarnish the legacy.

some new LB would be good. Rhymefest's El che is another that i would like to see drop soon, not sure what the story is. And pharoahe monch is apparently working on some new stuff with black milk and mr porter.

As usual, Detriot is by far the strongest scene in Hip-Hop. To come in 09 a Elzhi solo, a Black Milk solo, an Invincible/Finale collab, a Guilty Simpson/Sean Price collab and, wait for it, an Elzhi, Royce and Black Milk collab. :eek:

New Mos Def album comming out called the Ecstatic, this is the first single and i'm liking it:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=57020701There's also a new Raekwon mixtape knocking about, which would normally mean a new album is coming soon.

New Method Man/Redman album out and about.

New Method Man/Redman album out and about.

Amazon are listing this as a Method Man album....with Redman only on one track :D
    Track Listings

1. BO2 (Intro) - Method Man, 2. I'm Dope Ni**A - Method Man, 3. A-Yo - Method Man, , Saukrates 4. Dangerous Mcees - Method Man, 5. Errbody Scream - Method Man, , 6. Hey Zulu - Method Man, 7. City Lights - Method Man, 8. Father's Day - Method Man, 9. Mrs. International (Skit) - Method Man, , , Saukrates 10. Mrs. International - Method Man, , Erick Sermon 11. How Bout Dat - Method Man, Ready Roc, , 12. Dis Iz 4 All My Smokers - Method Man, 13. Lock Down (Skit) - Method Man, Reggie Noble, Ready Roc, 14. Four Minutes to Lock Down - Ghostface Killah, Method Man, , 15. Neva Herd Dis B 4 - Method Man, 16. I Know Sumptn - Method Man, Poo Bear, 17. Lil Bit - Method Man, , Melanie Rutherford

i wonder if anyone will loose thier job over this...any excuse to terminate a contract in these times of recession :eek:

Boom Bap, did you listen to that POS album? Seems like your kinda thing.

Boom Bap, did you listen to that POS album? Seems like your kinda thing.

indeed i did, even have the limited edition CD with the fancy inlay.
    Excellent album, i dont think there will be anything better this year.

• Advertisement

anyone able to tell me what the story is with "The Seventh Seal." Its been in production since 2003...

Advertisement