Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of Luck to all at The Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

finished 62, came in short today lost giant pot akvskk aipf with about 100 left, never really recovered.

today, 3rd hand, folded to sb who shoves with 84 >>>>>>> KQ, meh it was standard shove for him.

but my god people are really, really bad at poker. it was my first time playing live in about 2 years, but im beginning to understand the whole lol donkament thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

That live stream is doing my head in, crappy connection. Pretty funny thou Padraig Parkinson talking about some money Andy Black won in a side bet off Phil Laak or Jamie Gold and the other commentator "no no dont know what your talking about" Padraig "oh yeah was another event" :pac:

were they not talking about the cash games and saying there was none on, it was another event they said

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

is it my computer or is the stream constantly breaking down ?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

oleras wrote: »
    is it my computer or is the stream constantly breaking down ?
    keeps breaking down, I've given up watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

thedini wrote: »
    keeps breaking down, I've given up watching it.

Gona give up myself, such a pity, put up with it last night, but getting so close to the end dont want to miss action, that and having "flop roulette" shoved down my throat every other sentance, i know the lads cant see hole cards, but they manage pretty well on the live EPT broadcasts.

@PPP, i would look for a refund tbh.
    The fiNETra solution offers:
    TV quality, live streaming

* Right here, right now
    * Action as it happens

Limitless global access

* 24 hours, 7 days a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

connie147 wrote: »
    Another Boardie seemingly flying under the radar but still in the ME is Cue Club member David Kerins (DavidK on boards). Sitting on about 200k. Very good player, cashed in the IO last year as well.

GL to him.

Connie

Good wuck to all still in. David's a v good player and an absolute gentleman and I would love to see him do really well. I've played with Cormac and Albert a good bit and enjoying playing with both. Albert player a very solid game and makes very few mistakes. I like playing with Cormac though, he has teh sickness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

tm2204 wrote: »
    Lucky Lucky bastard.... :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D

Shes alright i suppose :p
    cuterob wrote: »
    were they not talking about the cash games and saying there was none on, it was another event they said

Im pretty sure i heard what i heard (i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

tm2204 wrote: »
    Lucky Lucky bastard.... :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D

Had a quick chat with her outside before the game started on Friday. Really beautiful lady and happy to chat too....which was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Phil Baker just gone, his AQ vs AA, Q on the flop but no miracle and he bubbles the tv table.

Really would of liked to see him on the final table, great run by him.

final table seems to be set, this must be the first final table without an irish player ever? unless someone is irish on it, the names dont look too irish however

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭delanec8

Went out in 42nd for €6700. Pretty pissed since i came back 7th in chips with 64 left.

Couldnt get anything going today. Raised about 8 times in the 2 hours i played. Got the blinds twice, and every other time someone reraised or pushed for an amount i couldnt really justify calling or shipping.

Anyway that brought me down to about 135k from starting at 210k. Blinds were 4/8 ante 500 so 16.5 in the middle every hand. Folded to me on the button with AT, i push, BB has aces and somehow manages to hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,243 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Kara Scott on final table hey. It might be worth watching now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You have no idea how many fingers and toes have been crossed for a Kara Scott win! Paddy Power may not have an Irish player at the final table, but at least they can boast about their "new gigantic German Koch" in their press releases for the next few weeks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 427 ✭✭GKidd

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

What a time to go card dead....over 2 hours, the best I could get was two blind push's on the c/o, one for 70k'ish and one for 55k'ish...Every other time I'm facing a raise and or a re-raise and staring down at 6 2 and the likes....(not even suited..)...Eventually I found an A, but with the stack I had ...(or the lack of it..)..I was always gonna be called by at least two or more players...

Board ran out K K J 7 5....8 5 got there....the cock...!!

Amazing hand occurred on Saturday night...

Perrault pushed UTG for his last 4k,having lost his stack in the previous hand....Middle position min rasies, leaving himself c25k...Button shoves for maybe 60k....Small Blind dwells up for 5 minutes....He eventually folds...I look down...first card K...second card K...I have to check a second time...Yep It's K's allright...I shove for 42K....back to min raiser....American guy...great fun..:eek:....He dwells up for 10 minutes...He says anyone else I call..but not you....:confused::confused:....He flips over AK, Button has AK.....Perrault has QQ...The small blind had JJ....

Board ran out all low except for Q on river to give Perrault side pot....!

The previous hand Perrault lost his 60-70k stack on a semi bluff running into Joe Ruddy's flopped set of J's...From my experience of playing with him he'd never have folded QQ there....THANKS JOE...!!

Revenge is sweet they say...I Don't...But I have to say I felt a little pleased when taking Bernard Litman out after he crippled me in GUKPT....He decides to squeeze with a hand ...10,10...and me the the KK's..Lol...Heee shudda known betta....dadedadeda...

Not so funny though when door card is 10....Flop is 10 J 4 with 2 clubs...Turn is 9c..I have Kc....River is sweet sweet Q....Ul man...!...

Gutted to go out of this...!...But when the dust settles...I've no doubt I'll look back and say I enjoyed...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Russh wrote: »
    What a time to go card dead....over 2 hours, the best I could get was two blind push's on the c/o, one for 70k'ish and one for 55k'ish...Every other time I'm facing a raise and or a re-raise and staring down at 6 2 and the likes....(not even suited..)...Eventually I found an A, but with the stack I had ...(or the lack of it..)..I was always gonna be called by at least two or more players...

Board ran out K K J 7 5....8 5 got there....the cock...!!

Amazing hand occurred on Saturday night...

Perrault pushed UTG for his last 4k,having lost his stack in the previous hand....Middle position min rasies, leaving himself c25k...Button shoves for maybe 60k....Small Blind dwells up for 5 minutes....He eventually folds...I look down...first card K...second card K...I have to check a second time...Yep It's K's allright...I shove for 42K....back to min raiser....American guy...great fun..:eek:....He dwells up for 10 minutes...He says anyone else I call..but not you....:confused::confused:....He flips over AK, Button has AK.....Perrault has QQ...The small blind had JJ....

Board ran out all low except for Q on river to give Perrault side pot....!

The previous hand Perrault lost his 60-70k stack on a semi bluff running into Joe Ruddy's flopped set of J's...From my experience of playing with him he'd never have folded QQ there....THANKS JOE...!!

Revenge is sweet they say...I Don't...But I have to say I felt a little pleased when taking Bernard Litman out after he crippled me in GUKPT....He decides to squeeze with a hand ...10,10...and me the the KK's..Lol...Heee shudda known betta....dadedadeda...

Not so funny though when door card is 10....Flop is 10 J 4 with 2 clubs...Turn is 9c..I have Kc....River is sweet sweet Q....Ul man...!...

Gutted to go out of this...!...But when the dust settles...I've no doubt I'll look back and say I enjoyed...!!!

unluckly Chris and congrats on a superb showing, I was talkng to Phil Baker last night, (this morning) and he was gutted to miss out on the final table, he reckons a big opportunity was mised with the standard of players left. Big shame he didn't pull off the big one. :(

bad beat Joe and Eddie the Eagle will no doubt boost the attendance in the sporting over the new few weeks. Well done etc to the lads. Joe will dine out on cocktail ssuasages with this one (during the 50 euros f/o breaks)
    Played only a small bit of cash to sample the athmosphere, up the life changing sum of 200 quid. :rolleyes:

see ye around lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Who is Kara Scott's boyfriend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Who is Kara Scott's boyfriend?
    The co-commentator Brian 'Sbrugby' Townsend - Hgh stakes cash pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Brian Townsend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

With a boyfriend like Brian Townsend you gotta think 600,000 isn't all THAT much to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

with some of the reports going round maybe that 600k Is alot to HIM:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Tight Ted wrote: »
    With a boyfriend like Brian Townsend you gotta think 600,000 isn't all THAT much to her.

He was not totally busto, but struggling and has spent the last 6 months rebuilding his roll, allegedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Tight Ted wrote: »

How rich do you think he is?

Do you think he just gives her loads of money?

600k is a lot of bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

And it's all over! I'm exhausted. Hope you all enjoyed the final table coverage on the blog and sorry for the problems with the web stream.

townsend dropped down to the 'low' stakes of 25/50 and started to rebuild his roll which he has done quite successfully..i think he changed his account name aswell to avoid embarrassment..he is part of cardrunners though so i dont think he was ever gonna be busto

ffs i was gonna put money on johannsen.. the most experienced tourney pro left in the field when i was looking at prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

who won it,

its alright found out cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

cuterob wrote: »
    townsend dropped down to the 'low' stakes of 25/50 and started to rebuild his roll which he has done quite successfully..i think he changed his account name aswell to avoid embarrassment..he is part of cardrunners though so i dont think he was ever gonna be busto

ffs i was gonna put money on johannsen.. the most experienced tourney pro left in the field when i was looking at prices

Changed his account name?? Enlighten me please my good man.

Advertisement