Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of Luck to all at The Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

LOL

TommyGunne = Conor Fennell??

Pretty sure he called me a fish in college!

UL in the IO anyway. I dont bare grudges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Play has begun once more! 92 players left with blinds at 1,500/3000 A:300

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Anyone from here left at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Adamm or anyone else, ye know if there are any LHE cash games going on out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

5starpool wrote: »

Doke is anyways, not sure after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Doke is still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    Doke is still in.

or maybe not...

Dara O’Kearney looks to have busted as I can’t see him anywhere in the room! If I find him I’ll ask him about how he busted because I’m pretty sure he wasn’t in awful shape when I saw him last.

Cormac Delaney currently on the feature table posts here I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

akkenny 10bbs, 8 to the money

Doke looks to be gone. Can't spot him anywhere in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

From the blog
    I just found the dejected looking Dara O’Kearney who told me that he had blinded down to 8 Big blinds and had been waiting for a spot to shove but in the 5 hands previous had found heavy action before him with showdowns involving players with Aces! He found A9 in the cut off and shipped into the SB who woke up with Aces! In need of help, he flopped a gutshot, but that was to be the only help he was to get as he hit the rails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Went just before the the break yesterday. Never got going and stack never rose above starting 10k.

Couple of hands of note:

3rd level 75-150 I'm playing 9200 Italian guy playing 15ish has been raising a lot of hands from early & middle positions and when it came to showdown he shows K7os and 10 7 os. He limps from mid position sb comes along and I check in bb with J9 os. Flop comes J9 rag 2 spades, sb checks, I check Italian bets 400 sb folds and I call. (should I raise here should I have led out?) Turn is a blank, I check Italian bets 1200 and I call. At this point I feel he wants me out and is on a flushdraw. I didn't raise because I feel he calls with the flushdraw and at least this way I get to see it and he may bluff the river if he misses. River is Qh not a great card, I check and he bets 2500. I feel like he could bet here with kq, q10, so I call and he shows K 10 Spades for the nut straight. I think he would have called an all in or big bet on the turn with the gutshot straightflush draw plus the K if he thought I just had the J. Maybe I could have played it differently but I think I lost the miniumum on an inevitable result (apart from folding on the river).

Exit hand, Blinds 100-200
    My stack 3900
    Call from UTG Fitz regular playing abc poker. SB makes up the bet and I check in BB with 10 6 spades. Flop comes 10h Js 6h, sb bets 400 & I push for 3700. UTG calls after 30 seconds and sb folds. UTG has Ah9h. Is this a bad call? He is playing around 15k. Either way I needed a double up and 64% ahead is ok with a short stack. 3h on turn and river blanks and I'm gone. Pretty disappointing overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Gone, no details on the hand thou.

Think it was a JJ v AK race; he ended up on the wrong end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Bubble just burst!

KevIRL wrote: »
    or maybe not...

Cormac Delaney currently on the feature table posts here I believe

delanec8 is him. Looks like he has a good stack in front of him.
    tm2204 wrote: »
    Think it was a JJ v AK race; he ended up on the wrong end.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Current chip leader Andrew Pantling cripppled then busted me late yesterday. First he crippled me when his 4-5 sooted busted my aces (he called my big reraise preflop here) then he rivered a straight against my 2 pair to bust me.

Bit disappinted as I had nearly 40k before he was moved to the table.

He is wild and spewy as this blog report suggests:
    Michael Mazilu is out in dramatic circumstances. It was chip monster Andrew Pantling who kicked off the action, with a standard preflop raise from UTG. Roy Brindley went to reraise to 35,000 with what I later learned was A-K, but was stopped in his tracks by Michael Mazilu who announced all-in out-of-turn. Brindley passed his hand and rose from his seat, assured that he had the worst of it, and thanking Mazilu after he’d realised his faux-pas, and subsequently apologised.

But Brindley’s face went a little sour when Pantling made the call, triggering hands of Ad-Ts and Ac-4d to be turned onto the felt. Mazilu was looking good after a a 9c-5d-6h flop, and also on the 8s turn, but a cruel, testicle-crunching 4c on the river sealed the deal and added yet more chips to the ever-increasing stack of Pantling who must now be approaching the 300,000 mark. Brindley, meanwhile, added, “That kid’s good, but he’s gifted.”

Meh He'll probably go on and win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

akkenny 80k, one timeeeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

Cormac still in with around 180k i think, sittin in between albert iverson and some other guy with big stack was good on the live stream. Gl to him and Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

AKQJ10 wrote: »
    albert iverson

Havnt seen the full list of who is left in, but I would say Albert is the best of whats left, sick player.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bad beat joe is still in isn't he... looks like varaince is on his side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

menoscemo wrote: »
    Current chip leader Andrew Pantling cripppled then busted me late yesterday. First he crippled me when his 4-5 sooted busted my aces (he called my big reraise preflop here) then he rivered a straight against my 2 pair to bust me.
    I was at your table when this happened. You were unlucky.

• Advertisement

So I finish up my reporting for the night and decide that tonight is the night that I'm going to cash in my cheque and play for a few hours. I sit in and get dealt aces first hand and get it all in against tens. Of course I'm two outtered on the river. Bye Bye wages. Tomorrow I'll most certainly be pawning off my Paddy Power meal vouchers to the highest bidder!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

Jani Vilmunnen is TKObyTapout on FTP. Ive went and backed him with channing. Oshy was on his starting table and said he was just pure class.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I see Russsh is still in as well, and callo (Anto O'Callaghan).

Eddie the Eagle is one of the chip leaders :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Eddie the Eagle is one of the chip leaders :eek:

Bad Beat Joe has a very healthy stack too. I'm scared. Whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

Eddie the Eagle and Bad Beat Joe at the final table...that would make for great TV :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Favourites

Good luck to James G (Cosgrave)from all at the Club and we know when it comes to grinding your the best:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Goodluck to Albert Kenny , He deserves a big 1 , Top class playa

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

DAMO72 wrote: »
    Goodluck to Albert Kenny , He deserves a big 1 , Top class playa

QFT....come on buddy although i am totally pissed told Albert i was going to back to him to cash in the IO... emailed paddypower for a price and they still havent come back to me!! :(

However SHIP SHIP for Albert

Was chatting to Joe for a little bit yesterday, playing very tight he was saying, he raised QQ utg MP shipped another guy called and Joe let it go, MP had KK other guy had QQ.

Eddie rivered some guy with a set, guy had AA im pretty sure he was all in he was standing up behind his seat, "im just cant help hit sets against this guy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

Good luck Cormac Albert Roy the boy and James Cosgrave

Advertisement