Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of Luck to all at The Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Good luck lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

What time do we start back at today Paul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

check out table 16 today. Phil Laak, Jamie Gold, Ken Doherty and BIGMICKG ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

GL BigMick. also dara tony b mickste albert tom kitt etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Early exit for me when it's folded to me in the small blind and my 2 pr A's and 10's on a paired board was no match for Ken Dohertys bullets in the bb when he flopped the set and turned the house after we flopped the case A...

remainder of my dough went in with Aj vs JJ

gg gl gn wp nh bah

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭SWAR

GL thenutpeddlar, mickste, Flushdraw, BIGMICKG, Sherman and every other Boardsie left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

take it down jos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Gl today gents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Lissavalley

18,850 at start of day 2. Could do with a few hands early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Is the stream crappy for anybody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

ya its very jumpy for me. frustrating to watch.......

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is the stream crappy for anybody else?

Seems to be better now though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Gonna head up in a bit catch it live.

Could someone PM me the link?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

HiCloy wrote: »

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

5starpool wrote: »
    Wouldn't want to go anyways. Irish Open is rigged. KK 5 times, 4 times no action, 5th time get it all in against KK preflop against French donk for 25k pot with average at 15. A flops. Standard.
    Sick game! Card dead all day but managed to stay around the 13,000 mark. 15 mins from end of day and run my ****ing fav hand JJ into AA.

barf, vul Dom and ul Kev

The live stream is practically unwatchable so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

GL to all the boards lads and lassies left in.

I was sick yesterday after overthinking and probably over playing my hand. I had gotten outturned twice and contained the damage reasonably well and then came back into the game a bit earning a few pots but then I couldn't let AK go. :(

Cheers for all the commiserations and I really hope one of ye can get a big score. GL

I'll probably spin out there for a bit tomorrow but today my heart isn't in it. US masters for me!

P.S. Web cam is a really nice touch this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

Had a tough day of poker. 4 hands of note:

Hand 1) Blinds 25 - 50. Loose player (with the one of the most blatent bluff tells I've ever seen) limps UTG, I make it 200 to go with KK in the CO, both blinds call, UTG calls.

Flop (800): J93,r. Checked to me, I bet 600, blinds fold, loose player calls.

Turn (2000): J93 9, check-check.

River (2000): J93 9 X, loose player bets 700 without giving his tell, I call and lose to T9.

Hand 2) Blinds 50 - 100. Loose, somewhat aggro player open limps in the CO, I complete in the SB with QTd, LAG BB makes it 500 to go, CO calls, I call.

Flop (1500): KdJdJh, I check, BB checks, CO bets 1000, I ck-raise to 3000, BB folds, CO calls (!, oops).

Turn (7500): KJJ K, totally killing my hand. Action goes ck-ck on turn and river and I lose to QJ and I'm down to 4700 on the first break.

Hand 3) Blinds 100 - 200. Young lad from the Fitz that I've played with many times (but I don't know his name) opens UTG for 600. He's been getting very active and taking down the blinds 2 to 3 times per orbit and the table was letting him. I move in for 2700 next to act with 55. A weak player right behind me calls half his stack with ATs (!), everyone else folds. Flop has a 5 in the window, I win the coin flip and I'm back up to 6100 with some breathing room.

Hand 4) I got moved to an extremely tight table and I was able to chip up to 11K. I'm moved again to another table but I'm there for only 1 orbit. Blinds 150 - 300 - 25, big stack in HJ opens for 900, I call with 77 in the CO, BB calls.

Flop (3100): 456, r. Checked to me, I bet 2000, BB ck-raises to 5000, HJ folds, I call.

Turn (13K): 456 3. BB moves in covering me, I call, and I'm shown 87 for the nuts. I don't hit the miracle 3 outer to chop and my IO run is over. To make matters somewhat worse, the BB is a player from the US that I know quite well. His name is Scotty Byron, he's the epitome of a good TAG player, and he's the director of Customer Support for PokerStars (I work for Full Tilt)! Oh well, good luck to him and all the boardsies left going into day 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Tom kitt gone.kk no good v jj.sick.sherman up to 48000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

The live stream is practically unwatchable so far today.

Absolutely crystal clear for me..wierd.

I'm also streaming a rugby game and browsing the net on a standard upc wifi net connection.

ollyk1 wrote: »
    Absolutely crystal clear for me..wierd.

I'm also streaming a rugby game and browsing the net on a standard upc wifi net connection.

Tx,i'm off to try IE so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

Haven't heard marty smyth mentioned anywhere. Is he still in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Think I posted something about his exit last night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Live poker is rigged.
    El Busto with 260ish left.

GL to all who remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

newbie2 wrote: »
    Live poker is rigged.

Ul. What was the hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I was very shortstacked and called a raise with K9 sooted. Up against robert Nolans AK - who raises with AK???:rolleyes:
    Anyway only one spade on the flop and no help on turn or river. At least I knew the villain and don't mind giving the chips to him. I'll post a trip report later and drop a shed load of names if you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BigMickG out from the feature table

A7 v A9 aipf. No joy. ul Mick

Advertisement