Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson made a surprise appearance last night in Mineola, Florida for a WXW independant wrestling show promoted by Afa the Wild Samoan.

Rock came to support the debut of Sarona Snuka, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka's daughter, who has been training to become a wrestler for a while at Afa's school.

According to F4WOnline.com, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is confirmed for the upcoming SmackDown! 10th Anniversary show.
    A WWE film crew filmed the segment with Rock at his house earlier this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

JP Liz wrote: »
    According to F4WOnline.com, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is confirmed for the upcoming SmackDown! 10th Anniversary show.
    A WWE film crew filmed the segment with Rock at his house earlier this week.

awesome.

please Rock, just one old school promo.

pretty please.

so sue me for being a nostalgia freak.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

SlickRic wrote: »
    awesome.

please Rock, just one old school promo.

pretty please.

so sue me for being a nostalgia freak.

Man I wish he actually appeared on the show instead of sending a video promo or whatever. It WAS his show. They named it after one of his catchphrases. But I agree, if it is going to just be a video message, I hope he does it as The Rock rather than as Dwayne Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Man I wish he actually appeared on the show instead of sending a video promo or whatever. It WAS his show. They named it after one of his catchphrases. But I agree, if it is going to just be a video message, I hope he does it as The Rock rather than as Dwayne Johnson

he will, he always does his video promos as the rock, remember the one he did before the wrestlemania hair vs hair match....was the rock!

finally.......the rock has come BACK....to the rocks show smackdown!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

So who is The Rock going to serve? :D

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »

let it be Jericho.

please God, let it be Jericho.

from leaving his Y2J gimmick, to his alliance with Big Show, to the underpants he now wrestles in...can you imagine the material he has to work with?

it could be epic if given the licence to go all-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

let it be Jericho.

please God, let it be Jericho.

from leaving his Y2J gimmick, to his alliance with Big Show, to the underpants he now wrestles in...can you imagine the material he has to work with?

it could be epic if given the licence to go all-out.

Yeah I was thinking Jericho or Punk. It'd be great if all the wrestlers were in the ring at the same time and then The Rock just came up on the titantron, proceeding to work his way through the entire roster ala what he did to a lesser extent at Raw's 10th anniversary awards ceremony. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

LZ5by5 wrote: »

fingers crossed its Cena and/or Jerishow

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I wouldent usually post using some of the following sources but afterall this thread is for rumours and noty just confirmed spoilers and god know this is a topic that could get people talking. We recently witnessed another Montreal screwjob, We have the Hart Dynasty on SD and on Raw we have old wrestlers returning to guest host so it makes sense that the Internet is a buz atm with stories of the possible return of Bret "The Hitman" Hart in a move that would prove when wrestling is concerned you should never say never b'cos apparently anything can happen in the WWE :pac:

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the recent talks between WWE and Bret Hart first heated up around the time Vickie Guerrero gave notice to WWE management.
    Lordsofpain.net

JR: "Is there a guarantee that Bret Hart is returning to WWE in ANY role? Not that I've heard but I would love to see Hitman make an appearance. Time will tell I guess."
    PWTorch

JR: “Loved this email…what’s most likely to ocur…Bret Hart appearing on WWE TV or Fedor signing with UFC? Easily it’s Bret Hart making an appearance on a WWE show as I never see Fedor signing with UFC under the ridiculous terms of his recent contract demands.”
    Wrestlingworld.com

More details are starting to emerge on Bret Hart’s possible WWE return.

While many reports have gotten ahead of themselves–Hart has only conveyed that he is open to returning to WWE, not that he has agreed to do so–the feeling right now is that some sort of Hart appearance is inevitable.

Sources say that WWE has become particularly motivated to sign Hart as a protection against ROH’s international ambitions. Hart remains very over with the European audience, and if Ring of Honor were to lock him down for a permanent (or frequent) role, it could give Ring of Honor a chance to make a true impact in the wrestling world.

Of course, Ring of Honor is not the only factor–WWE has wanted to utilize Hart in an on-screen capacity for years.

At press time, WWE sources have been very clear that the company would want to play off the Shawn Michaels-Bret Hart heat if “The Hitman” made a return to the storyline world of WWE. It is unclear how open Hart is to that particular idea, but it is known that he would hope to give The Hart Dynasty some sort of rub as part of a WWE appearance.

Source: F4WOnline.com Radio

his ex-wife: "Well, you know, he would make a great agent. Totally he would. I mean, he knows that business inside and out. He's got great ideas and stuff. I could see him being an asset to Vince in that way. But I don't know about wrestling. I don't know. I haven't really heard that, but all the power to him if he is going back."
    prowrestling.com

PWMania note the increased coverage of Bret on WWE.com

I just finished reading all the buzz around Bret Hart possibly returning to the WWE. I then went to WWE's official web page and was surprised to see Bret's picture or a reference to him in three different areas. Two are WWE's Feature of the Week featured in two area's on the front page and the other was on the main articles they have a Gillete's "WWE Be a Superstar Photo of the Week" asking if the picture is really Bret Hart.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

oh ****...

could you imagine bret hart back and involved with the hart dynasty? that would push them to the stars..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

oh ****...

could you imagine bret hart back and involved with the hart dynasty? that would push them to the stars..

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/jim-ross-comments-on-rumors-of-bret-hart-in-wwe-86619

Jim Ross recently appeared on "The Pain Clinic" radio show which can be heard at FeelThePain.net. Amongst other topics, Jim Ross commented on the possibility of Bret Hart returning to WWE and noted that while Hart said that he is interested in a return, he is most likely NOT looking for something full-time, but rather a special guest appearance that would only require one, possibly two dates of work with the company.

One appearance could lead to many more I'm guessing Smackdown with Taker being screwed and the Hart Dynasty but lets face it DX V Hart Dynasty with Bret (and give Jim a job aswell he could do with it) in the corner on PPV would be a dream match I know Bret can't wrestle but that doesn't stop him swinging a chair at Shawn in the ring.

let's be honest.

whether you love him or hate him, or are indifferent towards him, Bret's return would be the single biggest thing to happen in years, if not ever.

can you imagine Bret and HBK's first on-screen segment if Bret were to agree to it? the pop would be cataclysmic.

it's so unlikely, surely, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to imagine it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

let's be honest.

whether you love him or hate him, or are indifferent towards him, Bret's return would be the single biggest thing to happen in years, if not ever.

can you imagine Bret and HBK's first on-screen segment if Bret were to agree to it? the pop would be cataclysmic.

it's so unlikely, surely, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to imagine it.

My hairs actually standing on end at the thought of it.

they'd have to keep it quiet (or Id have to stay away from here) but if you werent expecting it... and brets music hit, when shawn was in the ring..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Brets music hits and he actually comes out going fast at 10/1

EdK wrote: »
    Brets music hits and he actually comes out going fast at 10/1

I dont actually want to believe this and get my hopes up etc but i can imagine DX vs The Hart Dynasty with Bret Hart in their corner.

Also if he came back in any way or form no matter what people say before hand everyone would mark out. It would be like Cena at the Rumble when even those who hate him marked out at first except ten times bigger cos its Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Imagine:

While on SD for the anniversary show DX (Primarily HBK) have some interaction with the Harts where the montreal screwjob is reffered and Bret is made fun of. This results in the Harts going to the post HIAC Raw and calling out DX but due to injuries sustained at HIAC where their last rivalry ended they cant fight them there and then but instead they agree to face them in two weeks time when they are fully healed.

The following week at the very end of Raw (in Canada) DX come out to boo's/you screwed Bret chants and like at Breaking point they play off this fact making light of the situation but this time in a more heelish way putting down Bret, The Harts & Canada while talking about the match the following week, when suddenly...Brets music hits!

for a moment the crowd are unsure if they should believe it but then the man himself appears at the top of the ramp (and the place goes bat sh!t crazy) and cuts the promo of his life on DX (Shaun in particular) culminating with him announcing that he will be in the Hart Dynastys corner as they take on DX which leaves the fans anticapating next weeks show more than any in years.

During the next weeks show segments are shown where DX are backstage and HBK is worried about how Bret is going to try and screw them in the match and get retribution for Montreal, HHH grasping his sledgehammer though ensures Micheals thats not going to happen.

The Tag match is the main event and the crowd are 100% behind Bret and the Harts. DX not liking having the crowd on their back and distracted by Bret are struggling against the young Hart Dynasty and before long HHH goes for the slegehammer trying to end it. HBK is holding off the two younger Harts and HHH goes to hit Bret with the Sledge hammer but out of the crowd comes Natayla's dad, Jim "The Anvil Neidhart" who stops him. The numbers game gets too much for DX as both are decimated by all the Harts and the show goes off the air with one of the more memerable images of recent years Bret once again locking in the Sharpshooter on HBK in the middle of the ring.

the following Sunday its bragging rights and Vince comes out and announces that since that match on Raw didnt have a proper conclusion at Survivor series they would have a rematch DX vs The Hart Dynasty managed by Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

for the next few weeks this feud is built but mostly with the Harts back on SD seperate from DX on Raw cutting promos on each other and the occasional run in, normally without Bret even being there as he wouldnt be coming back full time most likely, with maybe 1 exception being if Bret was to guest host Raw one week. Jim could also start Mangaing his daughter over on SD as she gets a womens title push.

yeah i had no plan to write all that at the start but the idea of Bret coming back i guess kicked the BWE part of me into action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I think him getting a insane pop is unlikely unless its in Canada as its a very
    young WWE crowd these days that go to the shows, would half of them even remember him? :eek:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I think him getting a insane pop is unlikely unless its in Canada as its a very
    young WWE crowd these days that go to the shows, would half of them even remember him? :eek:

well if they got him to come back im sure they would hold it off till Canada and then educate the younger fans quickly about him and his history with the company and HBK etc through promos/video packages/what the commentaters say etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I dont actually want to believe this and get my hopes up etc but i can imagine DX vs The Hart Dynasty with Bret Hart in their corner.

Also if he came back in any way or form no matter what people say before hand everyone would mark out. It would be like Cena at the Rumble when even those who hate him marked out at first except ten times bigger cos its Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Imagine:

While on SD for the anniversary show DX (Primarily HBK) have some interaction with the Harts where the montreal screwjob is reffered and Bret is made fun of. This results in the Harts going to the post HIAC Raw and calling out DX but due to injuries sustained at HIAC where their last rivalry ended they cant fight them there and then but instead they agree to face them in two weeks time when they are fully healed.

The following week at the very end of Raw (in Canada) DX come out to boo's/you screwed Bret chants and like at Breaking point they play off this fact making light of the situation but this time in a more heelish way putting down Bret, The Harts & Canada while talking about the match the following week, when suddenly...Brets music hits!

for a moment the crowd are unsure if they should believe it but then the man himself appears at the top of the ramp (and the place goes bat sh!t crazy) and cuts the promo of his life on DX (Shaun in particular) culminating with him announcing that he will be in the Hart Dynastys corner as they take on DX which leaves the fans anticapating next weeks show more than any in years.

During the next weeks show segments are shown where DX are backstage and HBK is worried about how Bret is going to try and screw them in the match and get retribution for Montreal, HHH grasping his sledgehammer though ensures Micheals thats not going to happen.

The Tag match is the main event and the crowd are 100% behind Bret and the Harts. DX not liking having the crowd on their back and distracted by Bret are struggling against the young Hart Dynasty and before long HHH goes for the slegehammer trying to end it. HBK is holding off the two younger Harts and HHH goes to hit Bret with the Sledge hammer but out of the crowd comes Natayla's dad, Jim "The Anvil Neidhart" who stops him. The numbers game gets too much for DX as both are decimated by all the Harts and the show goes off the air with one of the more memerable images of recent years Bret once again locking in the Sharpshooter on HBK in the middle of the ring.

the following Sunday its bragging rights and Vince comes out and announces that since that match on Raw didnt have a proper conclusion at Survivor series they would have a rematch DX vs The Hart Dynasty managed by Bret "The Hitman" Hart.

for the next few weeks this feud is built but mostly with the Harts back on SD seperate from DX on Raw cutting promos on each other and the occasional run in, normally without Bret even being there as he wouldnt be coming back full time most likely, with maybe 1 exception being if Bret was to guest host Raw one week. Jim could also start Mangaing his daughter over on SD as she gets a womens title push.

yeah i had no plan to write all that at the start but the idea of Bret coming back i guess kicked the BWE part of me into action :)

It'll never happen.... There isn't a hope the writers could come up with something that good.

Degag wrote: »
    It'll never happen.... There isn't a hope the writers could come up with something that good.

:o aww thanks, but tbh it kinda writes itself once you have Bret available to you that is, I mean i did that off the top of my head tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

BH that is a brilliant storyline alright, but i genuinely believe if bret does come back he will be kept as far away from shawn as physically possible, jumps in to help taker/stick up for him against punk and the 2nd montreal screwjob, which vince orchestrated (again). from what i've heard the reason they did montreal part 2 is that they knew bret was gonna come back so they asked him if they could do it that way! (not sure where i read that, think it was pw torch)

i dont care how they do it, bringing him back i would mark out like a 10 year old cena fan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

BH that is a brilliant storyline alright, but i genuinely believe if bret does come back he will be kept as far away from shawn as physically possible, jumps in to help taker/stick up for him against punk and the 2nd montreal screwjob, which vince orchestrated (again). from what i've heard the reason they did montreal part 2 is that they knew bret was gonna come back so they asked him if they could do it that way! (not sure where i read that, think it was pw torch)

If Bret was to make a reappearance, sadly it wouldn't be to do anything physical. That means, no being in anyone's corner, no refereeing, no managing, and not being involved in an angle that involves anything beyond talking.

Interesting if that is true that Vince believed that bret would return and booked the Montreal match to cater for that. Personally, I believe wherever you've picked that story up from, is probably just making **** up.

In all honesty, I can't see Bret ever being back in WWE, to do anything other than make a speech, not even a guest host role. It would be nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

It would be brilliant if Bret made an apperance. A Canadian show would be the best setting for it. Canadians crowds are generaly older and would instantly go bat**** for it. Remember the tease a few weeks back when his music hit but Jim Duggan came out. Sadly Bret wouldnt do anything physical, he cant, he got an insurance pay out for his kick in the head. Thats not to say he wouldnt make a good GM or manager of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Knowing WWE they ll just rehash the screwjob or some other halfwitted plan.I hope he doesnt come back because he left a great legacy as it stands.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    Knowing WWE they ll just rehash the screwjob or some other halfwitted plan.

He might get full creative control :rolleyes: :D

:o aww thanks, but tbh it kinda writes itself once you have Bret available to you that is, I mean i did that off the top of my head tbh

Yeah, but this is the WWE writers we are on about... They seem to write their shows (well, RAW) on a week to week basis not caring about continuity or consequences!
    Dancor wrote: »
    It would be brilliant if Bret made an apperance. A Canadian show would be the best setting for it. Canadians crowds are generaly older and would instantly go bat**** for it. Remember the tease a few weeks back when his music hit but Jim Duggan came out. Sadly Bret wouldnt do anything physical, he cant, he got an insurance pay out for his kick in the head. Thats not to say he wouldnt make a good GM or manager of some sort.

I'm sure if Vince thought it was worth it, he'd pay the Insurance claim back. Hell, he paid a few million for Mayweather and reportedly 10 million for Kanye West!:rolleyes:

Degag wrote: »
    I'm sure if Vince thought it was worth it, he'd pay the Insurance claim back.

It wouldnt be worth it, Bret aint exactly fit to wrestle and is mentally not all there either. Come to think of it a talking role might not even be great for him. He was never known for his great promos or talking skills.

Dancor wrote: »
    It wouldnt be worth it, Bret aint exactly fit to wrestle and is mentally not all there either. Come to think of it a talking role might not even be great for him. He was never known for his great promos or talking skills.

Thats not exactly a prerequisite though. Hogan fitted your description perfectly in his most recent stint imo. People don't necessarily want to see Bret wrestle a 20 minute match. Think Ricky Steamboat at WM and what he achieved in 5 minutes with Jericho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Are we discussing Bret wrestling here?, Even though that will NEVER happen again, Not for 5 minutes not for 20, it just won't happen

Are we discussing Bret wrestling here?, Even though that will NEVER happen again, Not for 5 minutes not for 20, it just won't happen

Yeah, extremely unlikely, but this is WWE we are on about.

• Advertisement

^ This is true, hell even the scenario i put forward is pushing it imo and all that had him doing was being in The Hart Dynasty's corner and maybe locking in one sharpshooter, He will never be an active member of the wrestling roster again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement