Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUPER TUESDAY! Budget discussion thread MERGED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Until the government (if that's what it is) closes down the quangos (how many? figures seem to range between 400 and 600 and it seems that no-one knows how many) and provides a health service that pays for cervical cancer vaccines and cystic fibrosis treatment at a fraction of the cost that Mary has just agreed for consultant's fees at three times the EU average, then I remain opposed to them. The directors of the banks that got us into this mess have not been fired for gross incompetence or prosecuted for fraud, when any directors of a private company would have been. Their conduct over the last few years has defied common sense rather than any grasp of economics.

What I suspect we have here is the Dáil Mafia with their inherited seats who are incapable of realising that Ireland has changed. I suspect that the people have at last woken up and will no longer tug the forelock to these dinosaurs of another generation. I believe a revolution is approaching, but it will not be a violent one. Maybe it will be a democratic one that gets FF out and sends a salutary lesson to the other parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

the army could run the country better than the current government regime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Scien wrote: »
    Job Seekers has to be reformed too. The standard €204pw for everybody regardless of life status is a joke.
    I was on it from Dec to Feb and it was more than enough for me to survive whereas a close family friend is on it now and he has tons more bills than me. It seems a very unfair system & one that is in desperate need of immediate reform.

If you have more bills than me, you shouldn't get more money than me. Equality. I chose not to have an expensive lifestyle... why should I be punished for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

darkman2 wrote: »
    Who will be sorest after 4:30PM tomorrow?

Not me... Forewarned is forearmed!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I'd give that Cowen fecker a fat lip.
    Oh wait... too late...
    He'll just have to make do with a kick in the nads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

All the government seem capable of doing is looking for money to feed their disgusting spending habits rather than fix the problems. Not saying FG would do any better but I think labour could give a good shot.

No matter what tho we are truly in the **** and unfortunatly they are the ones in charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I agree with reducing social welfare.

Sure what are they going to do, go on strike :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

and we think we have problems...

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/nilgunyalcin_childvulture.jpg[/IMG]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Pics just in of Cowen being fitted with a new strap on, to assist him with the absolute ravishing he will be giving us all tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

but I think labour could give a good shot.

What specific policies have they put forward to get us out of the mess we are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

and we think we have problems...

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/Desktop/nilgunyalcin_childvulture.jpg[/IMG]

FAIL!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

We should not have ignored the loopers back in 1998

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ART6 wrote: »
    Until the government (if that's what it is) closes down the quangos (how many? figures seem to range between 400 and 600 and it seems that no-one knows how many) and provides a health service that pays for cervical cancer vaccines and cystic fibrosis treatment at a fraction of the cost that Mary has just agreed for consultant's fees at three times the EU average, then I remain opposed to them. The directors of the banks that got us into this mess have not been fired for gross incompetence or prosecuted for fraud, when any directors of a private company would have been. Their conduct over the last few years has defied common sense rather than any grasp of economics.

What I suspect we have here is the Dáil Mafia with their inherited seats who are incapable of realising that Ireland has changed. I suspect that the people have at last woken up and will no longer tug the forelock to these dinosaurs of another generation. I believe a revolution is approaching, but it will not be a violent one. Maybe it will be a democratic one that gets FF out and sends a salutary lesson to the other parties?

I wish we did have a revolution but at present people are only looking out for number 1.
    A lot of people that start revolutions are selfless and do it for the good of their people..lots of african countries have this for example but they don't always succeed.
    We also have Dev and Collins and the members of the IRA back in 1916.
    How many Irish people today would gladly lay down their lives for Ireland?
    Not many I bet and certainly there wouldn't be one TD that would.
    The thing is politics is not going to change anywhere in Ireland until we have a life definining moment whether it's mass revolution, a global disaster, nuclear holocaust etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Well, looks like it's time to put the saddle on. May as well do it right if I'm going to be ridden around.
    people like cork4eva are the lowest common denominators and should be forever banished to hellish place full of smug ff politicians who do fook all for the country and everything for themselves.

Already there mate, along with the rest of us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

think about one positive lads... i think its inevitable that VAT goes down while everything else goes up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭Ardent

I'm a public servant ...

*runs to find lube*

Seems to me like boards.ie is full of public servants, get back to work ye bastids. Bring on further public sector cuts, ye're all on internet forums all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

think about one positive lads... i think its inevitable that VAT goes down while everything else goes up :pac:

End result being the same we will still have less to spend. So willmake sod all difference to retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

RE the Brian Cowen vid posted earlier in the thread. As a up-coming college graduate who had absolutely fcuk all to do with the economy collapsing, un-payable mortgages and all the rest, and someone faces certain unemployment for the next few years at least, I absolutely resent being told that 'everyone will have to take the strain'.

Fcuk that. Why should people like myself have to pay for what was fermenting when we were just kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

i've just got a Chastity belt forged in a local Ironworks, **** off FF you ain't getting neat my arse.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I really like how everyone jumping on the "lets bitch about Cork4ever" bandwagon seems to have missed that the fact that the "rah rah rah, revolution" bandwagon is equally asinine, seeing as nobody seems to have any idea of who should run the country after this glorious revolution of the keyboard warriors.

O' please, lets just us all hold our breaths for five/ten years.
    The EU by then will be running things direct for us anyway! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I can't wait. *rubs hands together*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Bend over for you are about to take it up the back passage without any lube!! This will be a killer.
    As the government say we are all going to have to pay for this.
    Well i'm sorry but i paid a lot of tax when the "boom" was on and i'd like to know where it has gone. It's like giving a child a bag of sweets and they feck them in the bin then come straight back wanting more - what about the sweets i gave you..fingers in ears....i want more, i want more, i want more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

seen as finna fcukin fail has been reaming me for more decades than there is fingers on one hand i do not need lube, if lenihan was to push a turnip up my ass it would slide in, i have been shafted so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm a public servant ...

*runs to find lube*
    Public sector worker also,rode bareback so far and more to come tomorrow i suppose.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Let's wait and see before we all go nuts. These guys are very smart politicians, they may be playing the expectations game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    As usual the people in the middle will end up supporting the lower and upper class

Rather the lower is supporting the upper? I'm on minimum wage but paying the same rates.
    Seems the rich only get richer in this country and the hard working "blue collar" man is put down. Depending on how they hit the income tax etc i'll have to take my car off the road which isn't a flash 06 etc.

*not attacking you personally, Saint_Mel*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

congo_90 wrote: »
    Rather the lower is supporting the upper? I'm on minimum wage but paying the same rates.
    Seems the rich only get richer in this country and the hard working "blue collar" man is put down. Depending on how they hit the income tax etc i'll have to take my car off the road which isn't a flash 06 etc.

Out of interest what do you consider as being rich?
    You referred to the lower rate of tax, would you consider on the higher rate well off?

That's a salary of around 37k plus afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Cork4ever wrote: »
    Well i voted for them and i will vote Fianna Fail again as have my family done for generations.

At the end of the day the country is in a state and like or not we have all contributed to it, sure the goverment have had a huge part to play in the problems but i think everyone will have to admit that we all had a part in it be it small or big.

The country did elect them 3 times on the trot and personally i don't think Fine Gael and Labour will get us out of this hole, they would spend 6 months trying to find where t he pens are if we put them into Goverment now, So what would or could a change in leadership achieve now, they are still stuck with the glabal resession, or would the Enda change all that.....!!!!!!!

Finally i think the mods on this board should ban anyone who threatens the life of another person not to mind anyone who wants to assinate a duly elected memeber of parliment.

A prime of example of the saying "We get the politicans we deserve".

I actually want to see FF get us out of this mess. I want to see them squirm every time they make a decision. I want to see Fine Gael and other shout them down across the house. I want to see them being abused (in oublic and in political circles) so badly that when we do come out the otherside, the scars will be so bad that they will disband the party and head for Bull Island hopefully to die of a snake infestation. Fcuk FF, they've stood for all that's bad in this country. Time to go but not until they've tidied up the mess they created.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

mikemac wrote: »
    Out of interest what do you consider as being rich?
    You referred to the lower rate of tax, would you consider on the higher rate well off?

That's a salary of around 37k plus afaik.

I know people on the higher rate. I just don't like people coming on babling as if the "mid earners" are saving the day. Either way i'm sure we're all pretty fúcked at this stage.

Advertisement