Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUPER TUESDAY! Budget discussion thread MERGED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,023 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

darkman2 wrote: »
    Wonder what the threesome (Cowen, Coughlan, Lenihan) has in store for us.

Any chance we could cut down on the sexual innuendo in this thread? Brian's been through enough these last few weeks;) I feel sorry for FF somethings in a comical sort of way. :)

I said "pens" not "penis" in my previous post....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

K4t wrote: »
    Adding to my previous comment, I would assasinate all of your kind.

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cork4ever wrote: »
    Well i voted for them and i will vote Fianna Fail again as have my family done for generations.
    So youre part of the problem then. Vote for daddys choice instead of for real reasons
    Finally i think the mods on this board should ban anyone who threatens the life of another person not to mind anyone who wants to assinate a duly elected memeber of parliment
    We're safe to assassinate Cowen then since if I recall correctly, none of us voted Jabba the Hutt in as leader

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Hypno Toad doesn't have a patch on Hypno Cowen.

Cork4ever is a testament to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Well i voted for them and i will vote Fianna Fail again as have my family done for generations.

At the end of the day the country is in a state and like or not we have all contributed to it, sure the goverment have had a huge part to play in the problems but i think everyone will have to admit that we all had a part in it be it small or big.

The country did elect them 3 times on the trot and personally i don't think Fine Gael and Labour will get us out of this hole, they would spend 6 months trying to find where t he pens are if we put them into Goverment now, So what would or could a change in leadership achieve now, they are still stuck with the glabal resession, or would the Enda change all that.....!!!!!!!

Finally i think the mods on this board should ban anyone who threatens the life of another person not to mind anyone who wants to assinate a duly elected memeber of parliment.

This makes no sense. You voting FF because you did the last time and it's who your daddy votes for. I don't understand this madness, no wonder we have an inept government when we don't make any effort to vote for the best candidate.

That any of the other party's couldn't enter into government without spending 6 months trying to figure out what state we're actually in is not a plus for FF.

FF have failed, they deserve to be fired. If we keep them in power what kind of message are the people sending to these politicians? They'll just think we're even bigger saps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

That's the idiotic kind of thinking that contributes to the absolute arrogance and complacency that runs through the entire government. At what point exactly would you drop the moronic Civil War state of mind that allows this shambolic government to run the country into the ground and decide that the current administration is out of ideas and needs to be replaced?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Lets not forget the Greens, they have proven why they should never of been let near a position of power in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

can any members of gardai on here confirm that some of you have been in training for the last six weeks for dealing with serious public disorder and rioting,and that the army is officially on standby for tomorrow? just heard from a guard that this is the case:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

ScumLord wrote: »
    This makes no sense. You voting FF because you did the last time and it's who your daddy votes for. I don't understand this madness, no wonder we have an inept government when we don't make any effort to vote for the best candidate.

That any of the other party's couldn't enter into government without spending 6 months trying to figure out what state we're actually in is not a plus for FF.

FF have failed, they deserve to be fired. If we keep them in power what kind of message are the people sending to these politicians? They'll just think we're even bigger saps.

Oh but it's FAR worse then that - how many of these guys in the Dail are all related to each other or had TD family members!? Cowen, Coughlan, Lenihan, Haughey, FLYNN (that by word for "corruption"), Ahern, Bruton, Healy Rea............etc etc etc. Most are.....and to me the word "gangsters" just comes to mind automatically. Not all of them probrably. As a country we accept corruption, gombeenism, nepitism and ineptitude in the Dail.

This country needs a revolution - not a change in fundamental ideology - our system would work without these clowns. It's who's in charge that are the problem. It's that everyone knows you could not trust any of them to take out your rubbish.

When is the last time a minister in this country resigned? - think about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

can any members of gardai on here confirm that some of you have been in training for the last six weeks for dealing with serious public disorder and rioting,and that the army is officially on standby for tomorrow? just heard from a guard that this is the case:eek:
    If they are it's another waste of money, Irish people don't do revolts. It took 800 years of half arsed rebellion before the British eventually just gave up and let us off to our own devices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well I voted for them and I will vote Fianna Fail again as have my family done for generations.

Have you no opinion of your own?

Voting for a party just because other members of your family do or have done is idiotic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭n0fX

grow a set and form your own opinions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭destroyer

Finally i think the mods on this board should ban anyone who threatens the life of another person not to mind anyone who wants to assinate a duly elected memeber of parliment.

I think the mods on this board should ban anyone who threatens the life of the country with the above logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

destroyer wrote: »
    I think the mods on this board should ban anyone who threatens the life of the country with the above logic.

I think the mods should ban anyone who tells the mods to ban someone.....

Wait a minute.....

Anyways, the fact that they are having another budget so close to the last one just goes to show how out of touch this government is. And dont's give me that 'hittin a moving target garbage', they find it quite easy to hit the middle and lower tax earners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

I really like how everyone jumping on the "lets bitch about Cork4ever" bandwagon seems to have missed that the fact that the "rah rah rah, revolution" bandwagon is equally asinine, seeing as nobody seems to have any idea of who should run the country after this glorious revolution of the keyboard warriors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I cannot believe you said that, most would keep that to themselves as they know that it is a pretty bad idea. Do some research and vote for someone you want in, not what mammy and daddy think is best... FFS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

I'm a public servant ...

*runs to find lube*

Lol, thanks man, i needed a laugh. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,023 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I really like how everyone jumping on the "lets bitch about Cork4ever" bandwagon seems to have missed that the fact that the "rah rah rah, revolution" bandwagon is equally asinine, seeing as nobody seems to have any idea of who should run the country after this glorious revolution of the keyboard warriors.

But everybody knows that anyone can do a better job, as long as they're not FF. Our half-dead mongrel mutt has just launced his manifesto and is expecting a landslide victory in the next election.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

I can't speak for the Guards but from the DF side of things, I've heard nothing said in work about Public Order Platoons etc. being on standby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Scien wrote: »
    Job Seekers has to be reformed too. The standard €204pw for everybody regardless of life status is a joke.
    I was on it from Dec to Feb and it was more than enough for me to survive whereas a close family friend is on it now and he has tons more bills than me. It seems a very unfair system & one that is in desperate need of immediate reform.

Completely agree. As you say its more than enough for you to survive, no one should be able to survive comfortably on the dole. Im not saying it should be impossible to survive, but if the government's giving you more than enough where's the motivation for the scroungers to go looking for work? (not aimed at you Scien, unless of course you are a dole scrounger ;))

I've a friend out of work for some time now, and when I mentioned about 3 part time jobs I saw advertised locally (ie within a 10 minute walk) he said "sure why would I work to earn less than the dole?" I understand most people here, myself included, would take the job for sanity's sake, but there are a lot of lazy people out there.

We need to get these people off the dole as they cant see the bigger picture. Every week they are on the dole they are costing the taxpayer another €204. And backdating the dole is bull**** too. Fair enough backdate it to the day they applied to allow for clerical delays. But backdating it to when the applicant lost their job is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

[Mindless banter]

Jesus...

What the fúck is wrong with you!?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Jesus...

What the fúck is wrong with you!?

Careful now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

If things get too bad we can always go to Somalia and become pirates.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

At the end of the day the country is in a state and like or not we have all contributed to it, sure the goverment have had a huge part to play in the problems but i think everyone will have to admit that we all had a part in it be it small or big.

The country did elect them 3 times on the trot and personally i don't think Fine Gael and Labour will get us out of this hole, they would spend 6 months trying to find where t he pens are if we put them into Goverment now, So what would or could a change in leadership achieve now, they are still stuck with the glabal resession, or would the Enda change all that.....!!!!!!!

I would just like to point out that we should not respect the mindset nor condone the actions of thieves, rapists, career criminals, wife-beaters, embezzlers, child abusers or anyone who is willing to stand in a polling booth and mark a ballot in favour of Fianna Fail......

- If you have no voice, are weak or look like easy pickings for a cynical, diseased Vulture then steel yourself for a cold embrace tomorrow; FF will look you calmly in the eye and get real close with one hand in your pocket and the other hand slipping the knife between your ribs......

*** If its any consolation there is expected to be a hilarious sideshow.....In the background The Green Party are going to drive around erratically in a Clown Car telling unbelievable jokes such as how they are taxing people to park their cars at work etc. ***

cork4ever, where is this parliament you speak of that we can elect fianna fail to?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

darkman2 wrote: »
    Get ready, as a nation, to collectively bend over and take it up the backside from those who created this mess.

Who will be sorest after 4:30PM tomorrow?

My own view is that the middle people will be hit again as usual - that includes me and the majority. There will be some form of income levy. A bad bank will be created and the old inflamable reliables (smokes, alcohol and petrol) will be hit. VAT may be reduced slightly. I expect social welfare to be cut in certain places and that a supprise is in store for our over worked and under paid, salt of the earth, public servants.

So any news on the grape vine as to what may happen? What do you think should happen?

Do you trust this man?

BTW could even just one of the tools that voted this shower of gangsters back in - come in and defend that decision (oh wait no one ever admits it!) - come on we won't bite;) (Not saying the alternatives are any better but anyway...)

he looks to have 3 chins in that clip as well

mongrel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

people like cork4eva are the lowest common denominators and should be forever banished to hellish place full of smug ff politicians who do fook all for the country and everything for themselves.

Ireland is a terribly run country, if anyone spent time abroad to return home to this shambolic land its thanks to the people who run it and the people like cork4eva who voted ff in the first place.

meh...!

Advertisement