Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I didn't think this was worthy of it's own thread so I said I'd ask here.. :P

Does anyone know anywhere in town doing debs suit hire? I only know the one place in Georges Court, but I'd like to see if there were any others.. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Blacktie on Patrick st would be the other main one besides Fitzgeralds

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I didn't think this was worthy of it's own thread so I said I'd ask here.. :P

Does anyone know anywhere in town doing debs suit hire? I only know the one place in Georges Court, but I'd like to see if there were any others.. Thanks :)

Black Tie there beside the old cinema.

Thanks! :) My mam has decided on my behalf to buy one as it'll save money for college balls and stuff! On my way looking for a grey suit at this time of year will be hard I'd imagine! haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Would recommend Black Tie anyway if shes gonna buy ya one. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »
    Would recommend Black Tie anyway if shes gonna buy ya one. :)

Can't say I agree with you there. I found them a disgrace to deal with. One fella in there was grand but the other was completely ignorant and arrogant. Some of the worst customer service I've had in years.

Dealt with Fitzgerald's instead and they were a world apart.

Anytime I've bought a suit, I've used Tony Roche's in George's Court. They tend to havea good selection for younger guys so that might suit you (pun intended) Noel.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Can't say I agree with you there. I found them a disgrace to deal with. One fella in there was grand but the other was completely ignorant and arrogant. Some of the worst customer service I've had in years.

Dealt with Fitzgerald's instead and they were a world apart.

Anytime I've bought a suit, I've used Tony Roche's in George's Court. They tend to havea good selection for younger guys so that might suit you (pun intended) Noel.

Iv heard same. Generally always dealt with the older guy that works there and myself and my family have been using them for years. That's why I recommend them. Good suits. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I wasn't sure whether to bother creating a new thread for this but just said I'd post the info for anyone interested.

I rang Spirit Gym (someone will call you back) and e-mailed them twice today about their membership rates and no response so sent Kingfisher an e-mail enquiring about membership rates. Nice polite guy called Padraig rang me back. Their membership rates at the moment are €450 for the year which you can pay in 3 installments over the first 3 months of your membership or €128 up front and €48 per month by DD for 10 months which works out at around €600 or so.

Anyway they're having an open day tomorrow and if you sign up tomorrow you get a goodie bag worth €200 with vouchers for the spa and a few other things (can't really remember what else he said). The only thing is you have to make an appointment as they expect to be very busy. Just said I'd post for any boardsies interested. I shall be there myself to begin undoing some damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

Had a week off from work this week... long story short between having a 3 month olds Christening and a 9 year olds birthday and other things to cover money was a little tight so no few days away for myself and Mrs. Batmike. We really wanted try and make the best of the week and tried to plan out our days but the more we thought about it we really couldn't see a whole lot to do in Waterford without spending money? We went to Tramore one day, had a bit of food in The Vee Bistro (nice), went window shopping in town another day and had lunch in McLearys (even nicer) went for a walk in Woodstown another day and hit Storm after, (saw the new Planet of the Apes (highly recommended)) and another day went to Dunmore and had a 99 and a stroll around the dock and the Park. We planned to go to FOTA Wildlife on Friday but it p*ssed down. Am I missing something? We're not big drinkers (anymore!) so a mad one in Harveys was out of the question, so my question is if I was to do it all again what would ye recommend?! :) I wanted to head to Bowling one of the days but between the nice weather and the cost it was nixed! Heading to Laserblast in Tramore tomorrow (aforementioned birthday party) which I know is good craic but where's the cheap/free/value-for-money things to do in town?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Random rabble but just had to go renew my parking permit today.
    2 things though:
    Why dont they post them out anymore?
    How the hell does it take 6 weeks(Told to collect the week of October 20th) to print a square piece of paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Anybody recommend a good cheap barbers in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

batm!ke wrote: »
    Had a week off from work this week... long story short between having a 3 month olds Christening and a 9 year olds birthday and other things to cover money was a little tight so no few days away for myself and Mrs. Batmike. We really wanted try and make the best of the week and tried to plan out our days but the more we thought about it we really couldn't see a whole lot to do in Waterford without spending money? We went to Tramore one day, had a bit of food in The Vee Bistro (nice), went window shopping in town another day and had lunch in McLearys (even nicer) went for a walk in Woodstown another day and hit Storm after, (saw the new Planet of the Apes (highly recommended)) and another day went to Dunmore and had a 99 and a stroll around the dock and the Park. We planned to go to FOTA Wildlife on Friday but it p*ssed down. Am I missing something? We're not big drinkers (anymore!) so a mad one in Harveys was out of the question, so my question is if I was to do it all again what would ye recommend?! :) I wanted to head to Bowling one of the days but between the nice weather and the cost it was nixed! Heading to Laserblast in Tramore tomorrow (aforementioned birthday party) which I know is good craic but where's the cheap/free/value-for-money things to do in town?!

Kennedy Park always worth a look
    Woodstock Graiguenamanagh
    Faithlegge to passage walk along the cliff face

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

OK not town but in the area.....
    Hook Head lighthouse.
    Lismore for a walk around.
    Mitchelstown caves.
    Mahon falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Was in Dunnes this morning,Pepsi 2ltr twin pack e4.05,walked about 4 step´s down the isle and lo and behold Pepsi 2ltr on special 1.25 each =2.50,it pay´s to shop around:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Anybody know if there is anywhere near John St that I can park for about 15-20 mins that doesn't cost anything while I run and grab a pizza from Coney Island on Saturday :D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Anybody know if there is anywhere near John St that I can park for about 15-20 mins that doesn't cost anything while I run and grab a pizza from Coney Island on Saturday :D?

I'd say your best bet would be to park up outside the old army shop. Should only be a quick walk around the corner for the tasty treats then.

Lads, anyone know if this is the correct Irish for something I'm working on at the mo...

Sliabh Rua trí Phortláirge

I'm trying to say 'Slieverue via Waterford'

Quick responses very much appreciated!! :)

B

Lads, anyone know if this is the correct Irish for something I'm working on at the mo...

B

Anybody... No? :p

Okay then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

B

Looks good to me and translates same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Does anyone live around Bridge st, and if so did you hear a lot of strange stuff on tuesday night? (more strange than usual I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Hey I didn't want to start a new thread for this, I'm just wondering does anyone know where New Art Riot opens/closes tomorrow?

They did less damage than the students :DONLY JOKING!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Random....

ziedth wrote: »
    Random....

This is the Random thread... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

They did less damage than the students :DONLY JOKING!

when was that????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

when was that????

Happens most days son, don't tell me you've never seen it?
    The giraffes are a good laugh as well.

longshanks wrote: »
    Happens most days son, don't tell me you've never seen it?
    The giraffes are a good laugh as well.

so what day do the pigs do a fly by..???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

so what day do the pigs do a fly by..???

You shouldn't talk about the Irish Air Force like that....

Sausage and cabbage....

• Advertisement

i didnt know they had one whats the name's of there pilots,paddy and mick...

Advertisement