Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

traceyjoy wrote: »
    The forum rocks :D had a brilliant night there sat night ;)
    I was there!:pac:........very very drunk.
    Damn you strange beers.
    Dark Lord, Hobgoblin, Porterhouse, Bee-Wyched, oddly named raspberry stuff I cant remember and especially you St. Bernadus. I hate you all!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

My missing cat was found today, apparently she'd hitched a lift in the back of my husband's van last Friday and was holidaying in Tramore at my sister-in-law's place ever since. Sister-in-law thought she was a stray cat and took her in.

My husband happened to call in today and saw the cat. Poor cat is sick and malnourished due to cat flu so we were really worried about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

deisemum wrote: »
    My missing cat was found today, apparently she'd hitched a lift in the back of my husband's van last Friday and was holidaying in Tramore at my sister-in-law's place ever since. Sister-in-law thought she was a stray cat and took her in.

My husband happened to call in today and saw the cat. Poor cat is sick and malnourished due to cat flu so we were really worried about her.

Malnourished? Looks like she's been eating well if the latest thread on the Waterford Restaurants Sticky is anything to go by :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66902093&postcount=79

gscully wrote: »
    Malnourished? Looks like she's been eating well if the latest thread on the Waterford Restaurants Sticky is anything to go by :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66902093&postcount=79

Not my moggy :D

My one has lost a lot of weight due to cat flu. She was a stray kitten that we took in at Christmas and was healthy back then. Hopefully she'll recover, I don't want to lose another cat, my lovely tomcat died a few weeks ago after being hit by a car and left overnight. I've got one other moggy who's afraid of this kitten/young cat.

I guess my cat just fancied going to Tramore for her holidays so hitched a lift in my husband's van.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

deisemum wrote: »
    I guess my cat just fancied going to Tramore for her holidays so hitched a lift in my husband's van.
    When I read that for some reason I immediatly pictured the cat on the waltzers, the train, bumper cars and rollercoaster. And now I cant get the image of a cat on a rollercoaster out of my head.

• Advertisement

Being a good wifey I entered my husband's name in a competition and he won.

He and a friend will take part in an exclusive mixed skills training session with hurlers, Donal óg Cusack and Dan Shanahan and rugby players, Gordon D’Arcy and Shane Horgan as part of Guinness Pace Yourself campaign. This prize includes:

•A place at the Guinness Pace Yourself training day for him and a friend.
    •Training gear to take part (tracksuit, shorts, training top, socks, runners, (they will need to bring their own football boots).
    •Transport to the event
    •Overnight accommodation will be provided
    •A €100 sports voucher

I reckon the Guinness will be flowing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I just found out that Ferrybank had a pressing plant run by EMI, Irelands first and only until 1965!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

mike65 wrote: »
    I just found out that Ferrybank had a pressing plant run by EMI, Irelands first and only until 1965!

emi had a place where tyresoles/dunlops are. before that i believe it was a railway shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

well how we doin?? Just saying hello. New to the forum!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

We're doing ok, how about yourself?

• Advertisement

...aarrgh....trying to sleep in work here...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Aruba08

not too bad at all..just in from aqua class...shattered:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

aqua classes eh? i hear all the cool kids are doing that lately

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Deisedarren

Goin to the gym now before work,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

People really need to tell everyone when they're going to the gym don't they?

People really need to tell everyone when they're going to the gym don't they?

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of THE GUN SHOW......*flex*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

... couldn't be arsed starting a thread about it but did anyone else notice the car clamped out in the Lidl Ardkeen car park today? I've never noticed them clamping out there before but mostly walk to that neck of the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

they've been doing it awhile out there now. a mate of mine was running into the bookies to place a quick bet and the girls told to move the car straight away as they already clamped a few that day... this was months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

just goes to show how observant I am while out walking :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Why would they clamp in lidl though? Is it not free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

clamping signs in ardkeen stores car part too..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Is clamping legal within the environs of Waterford City? I was under the impression that the council had to adopt specific policy to allow clamping. Maybe I am mistaken, or maybe the policy has been adopted, perhapse someone could enlighten......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Is clamping legal within the environs of Waterford City? I was under the impression that the council had to adopt specific policy to allow clamping. Maybe I am mistaken, or maybe the policy has been adopted, perhapse someone could enlighten......

Not really sure but seeing as this is private clamping maybe it's different?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

What are the circumstances for clamping though? Like f you park in lidl but want to go over aswell to say the Uluru, do you get clamped? I'm not phrasing myself right but you know what I mean :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

What are the circumstances for clamping though? Like f you park in lidl but want to go over aswell to say the Uluru, do you get clamped? I'm not phrasing myself right but you know what I mean :o

Iv'e seen them clamping the car's in the wheelchair spot's, which they are right to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Not really sure but seeing as this is private clamping maybe it's different?

Isn't all clamping private clamping, as in, carried out by private companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

marlin vs wrote: »
    Iv'e seen them clamping the car's in the wheelchair spot's, which they are right to do.

Yeah but thats understandable, hate people parking in allocated wheelchair places when they have no need to. But is that the only clamping thats being carried out? I'm just wondering cos I head out that way a lot and dont wanna get clamped while I'm stuffing my face in Supermacs! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Isn't all clamping private clamping, as in, carried out by private companies.

I suppose so but I mean on private land, not clamping by a private company on public streets.

It must be legal in fairness. Can't see them doing it and getting away with it if it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

I was told that 3 car's were clamped out in lidl by Ardkeen today and that you can only park for 40 minutes as people out that way are parking there all day after getting the bus into town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ziedth wrote: »
    Why would they clamp in lidl though? Is it not free?

Yes, and that's the problem. People going to the hospital, or even working in town will try to park there rather than pay parking fees. This impacts on Lidl's business. Someone may see a full car-park and decide not to shop there even if they can find a space.

Advertisement