Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random/General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Stumbled across this beautiful pic of the city a while ago. Twould bring a tear to a glass eye eh?

390286_2988704561640_1382871259_33310001_901054956_n.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gorgeous photo, who took it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

A guy called Shane McDonald. Sterling work. I hope i havent broken any copyright laws for posting it here

http://www.shanemcdonald.me/

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

So you can make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

so what day do the pigs do a fly by..???

The Garda helicopter has had it's flying hour's cut by a 1/4 due to cut backs,so it's hit and miss these day's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

kkdela6 wrote: »
    A guy called Shane McDonald. Sterling work. I hope i havent broken any copyright laws for posting it here

Technically yes you have because you reproduced it without his permission. A lot of blown out highlights on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭smdweb

kkdela6 wrote: »

Thanks for the quote guys but I didn't take that one. Looks like that was taken from over by Sallypark on the hill under the golf course.

Mine was taken from the Ardree in 2005 months before it closed.
    You can take a look a low res & cropped version at http://www.shanemcdonald.me/about/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone else get a An Post delivered flyer for Heiton Buckleys one day sale in the post today? The day in question was on saturday! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

mike65 wrote: »
    Anyone else get a An Post delivered flyer for Heiton Buckleys one day sale in the post today? The day in question was on saturday! :pac:

Ha ha, wonder if they sell time machines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I noticed this morning that mount misery has been repainted once again. Except this time its painted in the tri-colour. I admit it looks a lot nicer than either the waterford/kilkenny flag and I hope it stays.
    A flag both sides can agree on perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Im surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, but I noticed this morning that mount misery has been repainted once again. Except this time its painted in the tri-colour. I admit it looks a lot nicer than either the waterford/kilkenny flag and I hope it stays.
    A flag both sides can agree on perhaps?

Yeah saw it myself alright! Have to agree it looks alot better than usual stuff going up there!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So who watched it then? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

The missus watched it but I was in the other room, Liverpool v Everton was on! She said the Waterford based stuff was ok. The Stokes girl came out of it a lot better than some of the rest?

batm!ke wrote: »
    The missus watched it but I was in the other room, Liverpool v Everton was on! She said the Waterford based stuff was ok. The Stokes girl came out of it a lot better than some of the rest?

She came across well yeah, didn't show much of Waterford, just the bullpost, Masons and the rest of ballybricken, oh and the estate where herself and the fella lived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kryogen wrote: »
    So who watched it then? :)

Who watched what now?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Who watched what now?

A Waterfordian, from a well known Waterford family was on Big Fat Gypsy Weddings tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

kryogen wrote: »
    A Waterfordian, from a well known Waterford family was on Big Fat Gypsy Weddings tonight. :)

Oh right. Can't say I'm an avid viewer of said programme. I'm sure the town will talk of nothing else tomorrow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Does anybody know of any shops in Waterford that sells Marlboro menthols?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

jammstarr wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any shops in Waterford that sells Marlboro menthols?
    Most places do, but seem to run out too regularly. I get them in the Topaz on the Dunmore Rd most times. Anyway, try the Mayfair Menthol, they're nicer and have a white filter, it just looks less dangerous, lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

batm!ke wrote: »
    Most places do, but seem to run out too regularly. I get them in the Topaz on the Dunmore Rd most times. Anyway, try the Mayfair Menthol, they're nicer and have a white filter, it just looks less dangerous, lol ;)

Cheers for the swift reply and recommendation :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nice traveller argument across the road from me at the moment. Garda station 30 seconds away. Multiple calls without answer. All fun! :rolleyes:

edit: Although you mention drugs (separate thing. 2 lads searching) and theyre here in seconds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Can somebody tell me the definition of a Zombie thread, I have my suspicions but would like to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Can somebody tell me the definition of a Zombie thread, I have my suspicions but would like to be sure?
    It's where a thread has been dead for a while and someone resurrects it, breathes air into it's dusty old lungs and trots it ghouly body around loosing bits as you go, until some slayer in shining armour comes along and puts it out of its misery, by locking it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Or shooting it in the head..... Speaking of zombie stuff anyone watch the walking dead? It's pretty good....

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

I like hot toast with black current jam,
    Just thought I'd share......

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Nypd wrote: »
    I like hot toast with black current jam,
    Just thought I'd share......

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Im hungry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Anyone know what the deal is with Deals going into the shopping centre in Lisduggan?

Everyone was saying twas going in where it was being renovated, but now there's "for lease" signs on all of the renovated parts which makes it seem like Deals haven't even secured it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Noelly wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is with Deals going into the shopping centre in Lisduggan?

Everyone was saying twas going in where it was being renovated, but now there's "for lease" signs on all of the renovated parts which makes it seem like Deals haven't even secured it?

Can't go into full details for obvious reasons but there was a few legal issues that came up that have now been sorted.

end of may/start of June is the new time of opening. seemingly a fast food outlet is also going in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

ziedth wrote: »
    Can't go into full details for obvious reasons but there was a few legal issues that came up that have now been sorted.

end of may/start of June is the new time of opening. seemingly a fast food outlet is also going in there.

Cool, thanks! :) Are Deals taking all the outlets bar one so?

Have been to the one in Cork and it'd be about the same size, great stock and all too! They sell a 6 pack of the real bacon fries and scampi fries for 1.49 compared to 80c per one pack in normal shops! :P

• Advertisement

Noelly wrote: »
    Cool, thanks! :) Are Deals taking all the outlets bar one so?

Have been to the one in Cork and it'd be about the same size, great stock and all too! They sell a 6 pack of the real bacon fries and scampi fries for 1.49 compared to 80c per one pack in normal shops! :P

I can't say to be honest but all the empty units along that side of the centre will be in use by the summer. It will be great for Lisduggan.

The shop in cork is great in all fairness, when I first heard of Dealz I was very very skeptical but they are decent little shop. You are going to see them everywhere in the coming years. The company expanded crazily quick in the UK and I can see them being a big hit here so I'd be certain it'll be the same.

Advertisement