Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Mods getting free entry to €3,500 Irish Open

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

This is quite possibly the best thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Did anybody else who thanked Gordons post get a pm or was it just me?

Did anybody else who thanked Gordons post get a pm or was it just me?
    You crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

He was probably wondering what Tyler Durden would do.

Incidentally, LOL.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Gordon wrote: »
    OK for some reason I can't ban you guys, I think all this facebeboing has messed up my privileges. I'd like answers from the poker mods here and NOW or there will be pants dropped and spankybottoms happened!

When I was asked to mod poker, this was one of the incentives that made me do it. I still don't really see anything wrong with accepting it.

It is no coincidence that I was made mod of poker in late 2006, and first played the IO in 2007 and haven't missed it since. I certainly am not in the position to hand over 3500 to play this, or 4500 as it was last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

OK for some reason I can't ban you guys, I think all this facebeboing has messed up my privileges. I'd like answers from the poker mods here and NOW or there will be pants dropped and spankybottoms happened!

I may want to be smacked. Didn't think of that did you?

Otherwise, can you be more specific in terms of what you want answered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

sendic wrote: »
    why do you think its been tolerated? why do you think an online community as large as poker has never migrated to its own domain? I'm sure it has nothing to do with an admin having had several poker business interests over the years, not to mention the mods being in the back pocket of the major irish online poker company as we've seen in this thread

jesus sendic be careful ffs, these lads have deep pockets and expensive lawyers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The spankybottoms will not be done by myself btw, so don't get your hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ok guys, we can come to a truce here. Here's my idea

I think 5 mods got entries into the Irish Open

Lafortezza
    Ste05
    KevIRL
    5starpool
    LuckyLloyd

Hows about any money that you guys make, you keep 50% of it and the other 50% is divided between poker forum regulars..Not i used the word regulars

This could be done by some sort of poker freeroll or a poem competition like we've had previously or some other selection criteria?

In all reality though, its about 10/1 that any of you guys will cash so its basically a freeroll to safe your skin and reputation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I have been reading this thread but haven't responded up until now.
    What people don't understand is that the poker forum is very different from the rest of boards. Partly due to the poker community and partly due to the way the forum is run (by the mods obv), it is insanely successful. It has earned a huge amount of money for boards because of the traffic and lucrative poker ads, google ads.

The fact that to keep it running smoothly the mods have to make subjective decisions about the value of posters, and the value of companies that post in the poker forum, is lost on alot of people. It's a huge success because the mods do a great job in a busy forum that has alot of vested interest. Name another forum that has this level of commercial interaction between companies and their target audiences.

The work of the poker mods in running the poker forum brings huge benefits for boards.ie as a whole. Yes, we receive benefits from our caretaking positions, because what we do (very successfully I might add) is not easy and take effort and knowledge.
    Everyone is happy with the current situation. The mods get benefits, companies like PPP get benefits, the community get a well run forum.

There's alot of jealousy in this thread.

This thread is hilarious because you have one guy throwing accusations at mods because a) he is jealous and b) he is sponsored by a rival company. Then you have the mods who are being accused of having taken bribes from some company to bend their moderating policy in their favour which is quite blatantly true due to some of the mods themselves admiting it. Now they're getting banned.

What really make the whole thing hilarious though is that poke is shit.

I voted this thread a 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well I am selling half of my action at the Paddy Power Poker Irish Open 2009.

1% costs 35 euro

However I understand Des's (and other mods) frustrations at not being able to take part in the chance to get a seat like us poker mods are. Therefore all non poker mods can have a special offer of

1% for 25 euro

This is incredibly good value, I even have a hendon mob player profile- this is basically the database of star poker players worldwide

Mods (25 euro) and others (35 euro) can PM me for fund transfer info

lafortezza wrote: »
    I have been reading this thread but haven't responded up until now.
    What people don't understand is that the poker forum is very different from the rest of boards. Partly due to the poker community and partly due to the way the forum is run (by the mods obv), it is insanely successful. It has earned a huge amount of money for boards because of the traffic and lucrative poker ads, google ads.

The fact that to keep it running smoothly the mods have to make subjective decisions about the value of posters, and the value of companies that post in the poker forum, is lost on alot of people. It's a huge success because the mods do a great job in a busy forum that has alot of vested interest. Name another forum that has this level of commercial interaction between companies and their target audiences.

The work of the poker mods in running the poker forum brings huge benefits for boards.ie as a whole. Yes, we receive benefits from our caretaking positions, because what we do (very successfully I might add) is not easy and take effort and knowledge.
    Everyone is happy with the current situation. The mods get benefits, companies like PPP get benefits, the community get a well run forum.

There's alot of jealousy in this thread.

But Aprils fools is more or less over?

Why bother unless you were caught up in all the broluve?

It is ok. Broluve is 2009

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Ok guys, we can come to a truce here. Here's my idea

I think 5 mods got entries into the Irish Open

Lafortezza
    Ste05
    KevIRL
    5starpool
    LuckyLloyd

Hows about any money that you guys make, you keep 50% of it and the other 50% is divided between poker forum regulars..Not i used the word regulars

This could be done by some sort of poker freeroll or a poem competition like we've had previously or some other selection criteria?

In all reality though, its about 10/1 that any of you guys will cash so its basically a freeroll to safe your skin and reputation
    LMAO, and now Flushdraw's true incentive for posting this thread is revealed. It wasn't anything to do about a fair moderating policy. It's all about the money.

Hilarity.

Ass wrote: »
    LMAO, and now Flushdraw's true incentive for posting this thread is revealed. It wasn't anything to do about a fair moderating policy. It's all about the money.

Hilarity.

eh?

KevIRL wrote: »
    This is incredibly good value, I even have a hendon mob player profile- this is basically the database of star poker players worldwide

lol. You call that a profile?

KevIRL wrote: »
    I even have a hendon mob player profile- this is basically the database of star poker players worldwide

lol. My profile is much better than your profile iyam:

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=76499

And I'm not trying to rip people off with that type of offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

Dig the profile there Kev :)

5starpool wrote: »
    lol. You call that a profile?

Just checked out one of your poker profiles. Didn't know you were gay! You should mention that on the poker forum. There may be other gay players who would feel better posting knowing there is a gay mod.

<3 you

• Advertisement

Hey guys, it's me im da best at poker.

*posts bebo profile listing all the games he's won entirely due to luck in a terrible game entirely based on luck*

I'm pretty good at doing the lotto too. I'm also pretty skilful at playing paper scissors rock.

boards. wrote: »
    Just checked out one of your poker profiles. Didn't know you were gay! You should mention that on the poker forum. There may be other gay players who would feel better posting knowing there is a gay mod.

<3 you

lol @ dbc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

*posts bebo profile listing all the games he's won entirely due to luck in a terrible game entirely based on luck*

I'm pretty good at doing the lotto too. I'm also pretty skilful at playing paper scissors rock.

[ ] understands what he's talking about

[x] lazy rhetoric

I spose it's time to stop the lulz now.

I'd like to thank the participants:

1. The poker posters - in on it. Overenthuastic as times, but added a sense of outrage at times.
    2. Des, Boston and the other outragees not in on it. Made it worthwhile.
    3. nicnicnic - starting drama comedy feedback threads seems to be his forte.
    4. BigCityBanker - adding us to the PPP site as our boards name was a good touch.
    5. smods - a bit of a relevel

Hold on. Are you suggesting rockpaperscissors isn't a game of skill? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

how come those profiles don't list loses, that would be more interesting

Yes, I enjoyed this thread very much.

Of course, Des should have realize this was a set up the minute he saw a PM supposedly from me that was less than 100 words! :pac:

MooseJam wrote: »

The internet would run out of space I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I'm also pretty skilful at playing paper scissors rock.

Roshambo ? I'll gave ya a game online.

http://www.ultimatebet.net/how-to-play-online-poker/roshambo

I was winning loads on Roshambo until i started playing this one guy. He always seemed to go paper and cover my rock it was like he could see my hand :(

Opr

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »

lol, what type of an ego boost would that be??

Advertisement