Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2009 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I see no problem with the way that the draw was done last year. I think that my roster was a perfect example for why your draw number isn't that important. Didn't I come second? And my first pick was Kerry Von Erich, who I don't think would have been picked for a few more rounds if I hadn't already done so

All in all, as long as you've got a few stars in your roster (and there are plenty), then the way that you decide to have them interact with each other is the most important part I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Joost wrote: »
    Can I be considered for this if a space opens up, as in can I go on the reserve list?

Reserve list is open, Minto can put you down for it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Reserve list is open, Minto can put you down for it. :)
    Cheers Shawn, Minto can you do the honours?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

Fozzy wrote: »
    I see no problem with the way that the draw was done last year. I think that my roster was a perfect example for why your draw number isn't that important. Didn't I come second? And my first pick was Kerry Von Erich, who I don't think would have been picked for a few more rounds if I hadn't already done so

All in all, as long as you've got a few stars in your roster (and there are plenty), then the way that you decide to have them interact with each other is the most important part I think

I'd back this up. I found last year with the random draw it worked out fairly even overall. One round I third, next I was 19th...part of the fun is holding on with baited breath as you look at 19 other people pick all the top names I had in mind while i sit patiently at FRICKIN NUMBER 20:mad:...but i'm not bitter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Joost wrote: »
    Cheers Shawn, Minto can you do the honours?

No problem, your the third name on the list.
    Fozzy wrote: »

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    I'd back this up. I found last year with the random draw it worked out fairly even overall. One round I third, next I was 19th...part of the fun is holding on with baited breath as you look at 19 other people pick all the top names I had in mind while i sit patiently at FRICKIN NUMBER 20:mad:...but i'm not bitter:D

Let it not be said I'm not a man of the people. We'll keep the draw system the way it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Pick made.

Sorry I didn't make it earlier, I was on for a bit last night but I was bombed and didn't want to make my pick while drunk (learned that lesson the hard way last year :p)

Should I pm CBG to let him know he's up? Someone suggested earler that we pm the people after us to let them know they're up, could be a good idea

Comin-Book-Guy, you're up!!!

Solid pick orestes, even though I really, really dislike him, he is a useful pick. A quick word of warning though, OrtonViper might be coming for ya since ya took his pick!

orestes wrote: »
    Should I pm CBG to let him know he's up? Someone suggested earler that we pm the people after us to let them know they're up, could be a good idea

It's up to you really, I like the idea, but never really got around to implementing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Minto wrote: »

Solid pick orestes, even though I really, really dislike him, he is a useful pick. A quick word of warning though, OrtonViper might be coming for ya since ya took his pick!

After I saw I was 16th I gave up hope of geting anyone better than Eugene.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Should I pm CBG to let him know he's up

Im on it :)

Makin the pick now.

Trust me, i was dreading that Orestes would take my pick so i was biting my nails waiting for him to go. :pac:

Minto wrote: »

Nice. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Trust me, i was dreading that Orestes would take my pick so i was biting my nails waiting for him to go. :pac

You were lucky, I spent ages trying to decide between Bret and HHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

no cena yet?

You were lucky, I spent ages trying to decide between Bret and HHH!

Really?
    Dam. He was the first one i thought of when i seen the draw of the order.
    no cena yet?

Nope, but with another 8 to go before you, you have a good chance of securing him. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no cena yet?

and with good reason. he's not a top-7 pick.

i'd just like this to be nipped in the bud now...i'd say people should not mention any superstars that haven't been picked yet, even if obvious. it'd be good to get rid of the habit now while the picks are more obvious maybe, as when options become thin, discrepancy will be paramount.

in the immortal words of gareth keenan...'can still have fun though'....

i do not whant that waste of space on my show it was a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'd just like this to be nipped in the bud now...i'd say people should not mention any superstars that haven't been picked yet, even if obvious. it'd be good to get rid of the habit now while the picks are more obvious maybe, as when options become thin, discrepancy will be paramount.

in the immortal words of gareth keenan...'can still have fun though'....

I agree with your point. It can be frustrating when people say names that haven't been picked yet since part of the fun is hoping certain names slip through the net. Let's all try and comment only on the names that have already been chosen.

waste of space

he's not that either.

the game is gone and that was going to be my frist pick

the game is gone and that was going to be my frist pick

yep, CBG got a great pick. but he was always going to go early.

the key to this, as has been mentioned, is not going to be getting your first marquee name. the key will be the roster that's built around it, and the feuds that can be hatched.

that's the part of the process i'm honestly looking forward to - watching as rosters take shape, and ultimately feuds are feuds are built.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

no cena yet?

last time i got Cena in the 2nd round of the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

good pick Col, Angle is a great foundation for any sort of roster heel, face, wacky, serious he does it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

good pick Col, Angle is a great foundation for any sort of roster heel, face, wacky, serious he does it all.

Exactly .... had assumed he would've been gone much earlier. Was between him and HBK for my first pick, a choice taken out of my hands.

SlickRic wrote: »
    yep, CBG got a great pick. but he was always going to go early.

The main reason i wanted him was because i have a few ideas for feuds in my head that i can base around him.

But thats the idea of the game being a draft, not just a "Haha, look who i got to pick!!!!!1111 FTW!" game.

I'm sure there are some of us that if they only got the guts of the mid card of the jobbers from 89-97 would even put together a half decent roster with rivalries.

i did not like that last pick the dead man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

He wasn't my first pick but I noticed my other debuted in 73 :mad: Still, the guy's a draw and I do like money :D

thare callaway92 picked john cena good pick for him now on to plan 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

You're first pick was Randy Savage wasn't it? I was going to pick him but then I noticed he debuted in 73.

thare callaway92 picked john cena good pick for him now on to plan 3

Not your night tonight is it bud :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

OrtonViper wrote: »
    You're first pick was Randy Savage wasn't it? I was going to pick him but then I noticed he debuted in 73.

Haha spot on. Had everything typed out too then thought I should check to be sure :o

• Advertisement

i was just looking that person at 11 MuffDaddy i cant find tham boards

Advertisement