Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2009 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

made my pick there! Mr Orton!

sorry about the delay as well guys, had no way of getting internet last night.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

made my pick there! Mr Orton!

sorry about the delay as well guys, had no way of getting internet last night.

I hate you DQ i was gonna have him as my 1st pick :)

Just made my pick Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

I decided not to go with my some what controversial choice. I chosse The Next Big Thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Have to admit .... I was hoping everybody would kind of forget about Brock Lesnar in the first round....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Some nice picks there in the last few hours, hopefully Mr. Guappa will be online soon and fingers crossed we'll have round 2 started before WrestleMania tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Have to admit .... I was hoping everybody would kind of forget about Brock Lesnar in the first round....

So you could pick him, right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Minto wrote: »
    Some nice picks there in the last few hours, hopefully Mr. Guappa will be online soon and fingers crossed we'll have round 2 started before WrestleMania tonight.

Indeed. I'm not at a whole lot this afternoon, so if he gets his in soon, I'll throw mine straight in after that. I've a plan B if he takes my first choice.;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Brock is a good pick. He was around for only a brief time so there are plenty of feud options that would feel fresh. Same goes for MCMG (Not the brief part just the fresh feud idea).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Brock was one of 3 possible picks i had in mind good basis for a roster imo though def more heel than face. 2 more people before me now, hopefully i can get one of those picks, both of em are so so different and will lead to 100% different style of rosters tho, so i almost hope Flahavaj or Guappa pick one and leave one so that i dont have to chose which one i want

• Advertisement

Ive a few ideas for my next few picks so lets hope i get a top spot next time :)

If my plans are to work, I need to get my some what controversial choice in the 2nd round.

This is what i love about this game. Everyone is the same
    "my plan is..." "if my plan comes to fruition.." etc

Then out of nowhere

"YOU BASTID! THAT WAS MY PICK!"
    The more things change, the more they stay the same. It's nice to see nobody learned from last year then. :)

Right guys, I made a huge mistake at the start of the draft, I forgot to mention one of the main promotions in the states: ROH. Since it's only the first round, I don't think it has effected the draft, so from now, ROH wrestlers are eligible.

Apologies if this has messed up anyone's first pick.

Right guys, I made a huge mistake at the start of the draft, I forgot to mention one of the main promotions in the states: ROH. Since it's only the first round, I don't think it has effected the draft, so from now, ROH wrestlers are eligible.

cue the "Damnit, i wanted Colt Cabana vs fat Samoa Joe as my main event" gasps!

Oh thank god. Now if my choice is taken I have many fall backs.

BTW is the second round draw seeded?

OrtonViper wrote: »
    BTW is the second round draw seeded?

Em, unless MNG wants to do it, I don't think I will, because too many people said they preferred the original way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

are ROH champs ineligable to be in tag teams or are they ok?

are ROH champs ineligable to be in tag teams or are they ok?

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I remember reading ages ago that the ROH World title is regarded as one of the feww true World titles. My instinct is to say it is a World title, but if there is massive opposition, I'm willing to overturn this.

Can you pick a stable at the one time. Like more than 2 people.

• Advertisement

OrtonViper wrote: »
    Can you pick a stable at the one time. Like more than 2 people.

Afraid not, other wise I would have had Legacy or DX for my first pick.

Considering the possibilities that opens up, thats pretty huge.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ROH should not be included..Not enough people on this forum know much about it tbh,..including myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

callaway92 wrote: »
    ROH should not be included..Not enough people on this forum know much about it tbh,..including myself

I know nothing about TNA or ROH and I don't see a problem with them being included.

Would you agree with WWE or TNA not being allowed if some people said they donn't know much about them?

I don't see why the rules should be suited to some peoples ignorance (mine included)

Don't be too sure of that.
    In this case your (and other people's) ignorance is your own downfall there. :)

It works the other way as well though. If people fill their roster with ROH guys that no-ones heards of they have little hope of winning anyway.:D

flahavaj wrote: »
    It works the other way as well though. If people fill their roster with ROH guys that no-ones heards of they have little hope of winning anyway.:D

I'm not so sure, because people haven't heard of the guys from ROH, the first thing once they see an ROH name being drafted is go straight to youtube to see what the fuss is about.

Because let's face it, we've a lot of curious minds on this forum. :)

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, because people haven't heard of the guys from ROH, the first thing once they see an ROH name being drafted is go straight to youtube to see what the fuss is about.

Because let's face it, we've a lot of curious minds on this forum. :)

A chance to educate the masses so to speak!;)

I like this stunning new development a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Lack of knowledge is no excuse whatsoever. I am sure there are plenty here also who know very little about TNA and they aint whining.

Re the ROH title being classed as a world title for the purpose of the rules I would veer towards saying it is not. The main titles are WWE, WH, TNA and NWA. ROH is still an indy more or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,716 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

online now so i'll post my pick shortly.
    the 3 on my shortlist were the last 3 picked:mad:

Advertisement