Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclelogical - wow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Garlic Suplmnt

I've never been in cycleogical and after reading this thread, that's not going to change any time soon.

I usually drop into cycleways if I need to pick something up in town, anyone I've dealt with in there has been sound.

Went shopping there for kevlar tyres one afternoon, the last pair of gatorskins in the shop had been put aside for one of the blokes that works there, they gave him a bell on his day off to see if he'd mind if they sold them to me - which he didn't, and I left a very satisfied customer (as the bog standard michelin's my new lapierre had come with gave me 3 punctures in the first 3 days I'd had the bloody bike).

Since that day I've probably spent about 200 quid in there, customer care 4tw!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭n-dawg

alfalad wrote: »
    I was coming back for Wicklow a couple of weeks back and got a puncture far side of blackrock, seemed to be going down slow so thought if i got it pumped i would get home, and happened to stumble upon a small bike shop and asked would he mind if i borrowed the pump, he said no problem and cause he was nice about it i walked out with two new tubes!! so if one in every five people did this it would be worth there while having a pump!

Is that the small shop at Booterstown dart station. I got a puncture just before it the other day. Called in to see if I could buy a tube and get a loan of a pump. He said no problem and gave me the loan of some leavers too... he also came out and had a chat with me as I changed it. Very pleasant man :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I think that one is called Ferris Wheel, he always seemed pleasant all right. Looked like quite a quiet shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

n-dawg wrote: »
    Is that the small shop at Booterstown dart station. I got a puncture just before it the other day. Called in to see if I could buy a tube and get a loan of a pump. He said no problem and gave me the loan of some leavers too... he also came out and had a chat with me as I changed it. Very pleasant man :cool:

No it's out in Deansgrange, beside an Audi garage there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

giving up moaning on the net.... for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

I was in Cycleways over the weekend, looking for some gear.. I was browsing the racks and suddenly there was a massive bang. Looked over, they'd accidentally blown up some poor guys mtb tyre with a track pump! :eek:

Maybe the lesson here is go to cycleways for the use of the pump, but do the pumping yourself... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

Except for the clown who just speaks for the sake of it.

Me: Are you getting any more shoe covers in?'
    Clown: 'They're winter stock'
    Me: 'But it's raining right now and its Ireland'
    Clown: 'No, next winter'
    ....2 weeks later they were in.

Me: 'Are you getting in those non-bib shorts again?'
    Clow: 'No they're discontinuted'
    ....1 month later they were in.

Is the clown that lad with an antipodean accent? (with apologies to scottreynolds, I still can't distinguish between Oz and NZ accents). He really irritates me. Still shop there when I need essentials though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

unionman wrote: »
    Is the clown that lad with an antipodean accent? (with apologies to scottreynolds, I still can't distinguish between Oz and NZ accents). He really irritates me. Still shop there when I need essentials though.
    I'm not finger pointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I'm not finger pointing.

Fair enough:)

I should probably follow your good example.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,027 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'm not finger pointing.

All the cool kids are doing it.

Contador_7.Teaser.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cliff was on the afternoon show on RTE today... eh, not that I was watching it or anything :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

mloc123 wrote: »
    Cliff was on the afternoon show on RTE today... eh, not that I was watching it or anything :o

haha, will have to catch the re run in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

kona wrote: »
    So,
    You had stock in your hand and wanted to pay, so Instead of saying, "Hi hows it going, Id like to pay for this stuff please"

You stand there, staring at them.:confused:

How would you pay onto a bus or perhaps order food?

It works both ways lads.

Shop is ignorant for not approaching you.

Your Ignorant for not approaching the shop staff.

Everybodys Ignorant, but only one complains about it.

+1

That's what I like about cycleogical, they give you space to have a look around for what you want and when you do ask for help they are very friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 columk

blorg wrote: »
    That is VERY cheap for a shop to fix a puncture, generally a tube costs that on its own, indeed more in some shops.

Penny Farthings does it for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

chakattack wrote: »
    +1

That's what I like about cycleogical, they give you space to have a look around for what you want and when you do ask for help they are very friendly.

b0ll0cks. I bought a cassette in there, when I brought it home it looked used. Albeit only a few k on it but it was scuffed and not *brand* new. Brought it back expecting a "you got us gov, its been around the block, only 10k" instead was told to fcuk off. Haven't been back since and won't ever be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well, I went in today to buy some of the Tacx paste (thanks Lumen and Tiny). The 3 lads working were the same as whenever I have been there, chatting to each other, not too eager to help but not rude either. Bought the stuff, 14 euro which wasn't bad.

Anyway, in walks this attractive foreign student type and asks can she use the track pump inside the door, to which the guy who looks like a smaller Dominic West lightened up and said "yeah yeah sure, go ahead".

After a minute or two of fumbling she asked for some help and he went over to pump up her tyres for her. Shocked I was! Have cycleogical responded to criticism and reformed, or do you have to be "this hot" to use the pump?

Even complemented me on the nice design of the boards jacket. I'm still stunned and now thinking I might go back there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Well, I went in today to buy some of the Tacx paste (thanks Lumen and Tiny). The 3 lads working were the same as whenever I have been there, chatting to each other, not too eager to help but not rude either. Bought the stuff, 14 euro which wasn't bad.

Anyway, in walks this attractive foreign student type and asks can she use the track pump inside the door, to which the guy who looks like a smaller Dominic West lightened up and said "yeah yeah sure, go ahead".

After a minute or two of fumbling she asked for some help and he went over to pump up her tyres for her. Shocked I was! Have cycleogical responded to criticism and reformed, or do you have to be "this hot" to use the pump?

Even complemented me on the nice design of the boards jacket. I'm still stunned and now thinking I might go back there...

2 things.

1. Hot chick comes in...of course there not going to say no (would you?)

2. Your wearing a Boards jacket...surely they've seen the criticism there getting here, so they want to be seen to do the right thing.

Fair play to them all the same!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Hot foreign chick comes in and says "Excuse me, but I think I need to be pumped, can you help!?!?!?"

Luck you weren't killed in the stampede :)

To check to see if they've reformed we need some hairy arsed (fellah) to go in with ratchety squeaky mountain bike and ask for a pump........any volunteers?

I was going to offer her my mini pump, but their one was bigger :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 anywhichway69

I haven't bought anything in there for years - I will never understand a bike shop that simply refuses, point blank to do any repairs.

Their customer service is plain woeful - a poor man's Halfords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Vélo wrote: »

1. Hot chick comes in...of course there not going to say no (would you?)

QUOTE]

pics or GTFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I haven't bought anything in there for years - I will never understand a bike shop that simply refuses, point blank to do any repairs.

Their customer service is plain woeful - a poor man's Halfords.

Rich man's Halfords at the prices they're charging!! (for frames and bikes)

They will do repairs and services, but only on or to bikes they've sold.

Very short sigthed of them though - today's pump-borrower could be tomorrow's purchaser!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

So Dirk, there were nice to the hot chick and you? And noone has slagged you yet? I am desapointed...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

So Dirk, there were nice to the hot chick and you? And noone has slagged you yet? I am desapointed...
    I was just so tempted.. but i had just slagged him for his hair (again) so it wasn't my turn :p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I was going to offer her my mini pump, but their one was bigger :(

Honestly Dirk, you're your own worst enemy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Well, I went in today to buy some of the Tacx paste (thanks Lumen and Tiny). The 3 lads working were the same as whenever I have been there, chatting to each other, not too eager to help but not rude either. .

Must have been a bad hair day Dirk :D

el tonto wrote: »
    Honestly Dirk, you're your own worst enemy.

Obviously i meant that. Give me some credit man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭furiousox

RobFowl wrote: »
    Must have been a bad hair day Dirk :D

Tacx paste is for hair???????:pac:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

so i have alwas wanted a kona, so i walked in to the chaps in cyclelogical, cliff was there to greet me, he asked me what type of riding i wanted to do, i went for the dawg delux, he was sound as a pound, but i know how to banter, so i was talking to him for quite sumtime, i never said i had the cash on me, next day i returned and said i wil take it so he trew in a good few things for me, clips for me shoes etc, and a discount on whatever i added onto the bike, the tall lad with black hair got it ready 4 me, not naming him but he has 2 konas of his own, he even walked me to the door and made sure i didnt mash myself with the new clipins, so a month later, i was having probs with shifting, went in and the last 2kms were on the tour de france, the same guy got up from watching the tv when i said no rush and fixed it 4 me, and also showing me how to fix if problem should happen again, i like the place and dont blame them about the tools and pumps, they have signs up, and to still ask them would even piss me off, its a shop, not a charity case, you should have your spares with you if you were a true cyclist, i hate being pounced on by sales ppl, let me ask you if i need help, im happy with the service i got and ps they only fix their own bikes, so dont bring a 50euro jobby in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 anywhichway69

I knew it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that there would be a satisfied customer out there somewhere, or even two.

I honestly have no idea how they remain in business.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement