Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    EastEnders fans will be introduced to another member of the Moon family later this year as twisted villain Michael Moon meets his long-lost brother, reports have revealed.

Craig Moon, who has Down's Syndrome, will make his first appearance on screen in the autumn when family patriarch Eddie Moon arranges for Michael to meet the sibling he never knew existed, according to The People.

Elliot Rosen, 32, has taken on the role of Craig and is thought to have already filmed his first scenes. Reports suggest that he has been signed as a guest artist for a handful of episodes.

EastEnders bosses are believed to have worked closely with the Down's Syndrome Association while devising the new storyline for the Moon clan.

A Walford source told the newspaper: "It is something they are very proud of. They are determined to continue to raise issues like this."

Meanwhile, praising the soap's decision, a spokesperson for the Down's Syndrome Association commented: "Presenting people with Down's Syndrome living successful lives is always positive."

He's jewish apparently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

K-9 wrote: »
    She's just put in there for an excuse for Max and the OCD helps.

Still, it's Tanya, can't blame the man!

What's wiv V and the OCD? Did she time it to start at 8pm on Friday? Very organised of her, and no mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EastEnders' troubled blonde Vanessa Gold could find herself at the centre of Michael Moon's schemes before she makes her departure from Albert Square.

Forthcoming scenes will see twisted Michael (Steve John Shepherd) prey on Vanessa when she's left vulnerable after splitting from Max Branning, according to Soaplife.

The magazine states that Michael gives Vanessa a shoulder to cry on at the B&B, before trying to convince her to help him get his revenge against dad Eddie (David Essex).

"He tells Vanessa that Eddie's a liar and a cheat like all the others and he destroyed Michael's mother," a Walford source told the publication. "Then he pulls out a wad of cash and he offers to pay her to break his dad's heart."

It's not yet clear whether Vanessa will agree and, if so, whether she can go through with it, but the scenes in question are expected to air later this month.

EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood previously teased: "[Vanessa's] got a really exciting storyline still in store. It kicks off over the summer and there's a big change of direction for the character that will really give Vanessa some momentum for the time she's got left in Albert Square."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I'm just glad to know she is leaving to be honest. I just never felt that she "fit in" in the Square. She's so unsuitable for Max that I always feel she must be a real headache for the scriptwriters to include in any of the scenes relating to him. When she's on screen I just find that I either blank her as she makes no impact, or she annoys me.
    Hopefully, before she does leave for a role that suits her better, they will give her something to wear other than that awful white suit! Maybe then even Max might actually notice her!

Shazanne wrote: »
    I'm just glad to know she is leaving to be honest. I just never felt that she "fit in" in the Square. She's so unsuitable for Max that I always feel she must be a real headache for the scriptwriters to include in any of the scenes relating to him. When she's on screen I just find that I either blank her as she makes no impact, or she annoys me.
    Hopefully, before she does leave for a role that suits her better, they will give her something to wear other than that awful white suit! Maybe then even Max might actually notice her!

I think the writers just wanted Tanya Turner in EE not Zoe Lucker playing another character if that makes any sense ;)

Sounds like Vanessa might try and seduce Eddie

• Advertisement

David Essex is leaving so bye bye Eddie Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

David Essex is leaving so bye bye Eddie Moon
    never imagined he'd be in it for long, so no surprise there:)

casio4 wrote: »
    never imagined he'd be in it for long, so no surprise there:)

I thought Eddie would be around considering his family and business are there now

I often wondered why David Essex joined Eastenders, he had a big singing career so it wasn't for the money. He probably liked the show and thought I wouldn't mind being in it but I never thought he would stay very long.

I often wondered why David Essex joined Eastenders, he had a big singing career so it wasn't for the money. He probably liked the show and thought I wouldn't mind being in it but I never thought he would stay very long.

I remember reading he was offered the role of Jack (Honey's dad) and but couldnt take the role because of music or theatre commitments

• Advertisement

I am old enough to remember David Essex in his "Hold Me Close" days (!!) but I never really associated Eddie Moon with the dark haired, twinkly eyed singer of that time. I thought in the beginning I would always be thinking "70's singer" but I feel he really did well to re-create himself in the role of Eddie. I am not a great fan of the Moons' in general but I like him as Eddie and think he will be missed. I hope he takes those awful sons with him!

Max deserves to end up all on his own - same rubbish he was telling Stacey he is telling Tanya now you'd think she'd know better :rolleyes:

I didn't really get what he said to Tanya when she said we will tell everyone tomorrow, has he agreed to tell people?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Poor Greg...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I didn't really get what he said to Tanya when she said we will tell everyone tomorrow, has he agreed to tell people?

They are going to dump Greg and Vanessa.However it hasnt happened yet as usual long drawn out crap.Just get on with it :rolleyes:
    I wonder will Lauren actually do the job she promised when she finds out lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

God last night's episode was awful stupid!
    I know that doctor is a creepy git but in a professional capacity any doctor worth his salt would have reassured a woman with an "abnormal smear result"!
    They are just trying to dramatise the whole thing!
    I don't blame Tanya for being worried and terrified but why didn't he tell her that it's a common occurance and it could come to nothing!

So what will happen now? If herself and Max hadn't already agreed to "fess up" I would have thought this would make her realise that life is too short and she'd go running into Max's arms! Ooooh - the suspense!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Darren Miller will leave Walford after seven years when he sensationally calls off his wedding to beautiful Jodie Gold.
    He decides at the last minute he can't go through with it after getting drunk at his stag do and sleeping with troubled Lauren Branning.

Racked with guilt, Darren tells fiancée Jodie at the end of next month and admits he isn't fit to be her husband. A source told TV Biz: "Darren makes a terrible mistake and can't keep it from Jodie.

"He doesn't mean to break her heart, but he does. With no Jodie and no prospects, what has he got to hang around Walford for? He decides on a clean break."

Charlie G. Hawkins, 20, has played Darren since 2004.

Since then his character has run the car lot, got engaged to Libby Fox, turned out to be the secret dad of Heather Trott's baby and been circumcised to win Jodie's love.

When his departure was announced in April, Charlie said he wanted to "chill out and enjoy being a normal 20-year-old". He added: "I can barely remember life before EastEnders. It will be great having no structure to my life and not having to learn lines."

The source said of Darren's exit plot: "This way, the door remains open for him to return."

Greg should have least punched Max

So Greg leaves his own house and Max is kicked out of his own house

I thought Lauren lived back with Tanya anyways

It was good seeing Vanessa go psycho

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

I felt sorry for Greg; he's like an adorable puppy following you everywhere!

Why did Vanessa tell Max to leave? It was his house anyway (I can understand his daughters telling him to instead)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Greg should have least punched Max

So Greg leaves his own house and Max is kicked out of his own house

I thought Lauren lived back with Tanya anyways

It was good seeing Vanessa go psycho

The whole affair being revealed scenes were soooo boring!! God there was no drama to it at all!

On another point where has Heather been latley??- I miss her she always adds a bit of fun to the misery!

I think Eastenders is definitely the worst soap at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Cookie33 wrote: »
    Why did Vanessa tell Max to leave? It was his house anyway (I can understand his daughters telling him to instead)

Even the daughters kicking him was a bit far fetched, its his house not theirs, if i said to one of my parents get out of the house i no what would have happened :rolleyes:
    On another point where has Heather been latley??- I miss her she always adds a bit of fun to the misery!

I think Eastenders is definitely the worst soap at the moment!

Heather will be back next week

I agree its going to get worse to:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Anyone else notice that Vanessa never wears anything but white:confused: am shocked to learn Zoe Lucker is only 37 i would have thought she was well over 40 :eek:

blondie7 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that Vanessa never wears anything but white:confused: am shocked to learn Zoe Lucker is only 37 i would have thought she was well over 40 :eek:

I expect to see her pop up in the Daz ads for whiter whites :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Is max gone, as in gone, gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I expect to see her pop up in the Daz ads for whiter whites :p

How long before she's in the 'Soap You Can Believe In!!' ads!! :P:P:P

FFS why would Jodie continue to work for Tanya surely she will quit

Max will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭aisling.laura

God Carol is such a horrible witch, when will they get rid of her?? Nothing but spite comes out of her mouth, talk about kicking Vanessa when she's down, telling her Max never loved her!

Kim
    has to take a hiv test as a ex has it

• Advertisement

Kim
    has to take a hiv test as a ex has it

Surprise, surprise!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement