Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Billy can never be happy

Is anyone in Eastenders ever happy? ;):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

_whiskers wrote: »
    Is anyone in Eastenders ever happy? ;):pac:

Sometimes for a day maybe than something drastic happens to them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

blondie7 wrote: »
    Sometimes for a day maybe than something drastic happens to them:rolleyes:

Little Tommy seems fairly happy with things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 85,310 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/soaps/3655875/Ry-did-Ryan-Malloy-have-to-leave-so-soon.html
    Ryan Malloy leaves little sister Whitney Dean in tears as he bids farewell in his final EastEnders scene. The Walford lad, played by Neil McDermott, flees after having an explosive fight with her pimp Rob on Southend pier. Fearing he'll be caught by cops for what he's done to the villain, he goes on the run - leaving Whitney devastated .................

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Maybe Billy will get some happiness before Julie leaves.........
    Billy and Julie visit a children’s home to meet their newest family member

Or maybe not, but surely he'd be too old to be there??
    Billy and Julie receive heartbreaking news when they finally pay a visit to their so
    Billy’s on top of the world as he introduces Lola to the rest of the Mitchell clan, while Julie’s far from happy with her presence in the Square, as the drama continues

Was he really a
    she
    and Julie got mixed up? Or are they
    grandparents
    ? Why wouldn't Julie be happy at this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Little Tommy seems fairly happy with things :P
    give him time:rolleyes: when he finds out that he was snatched from his cot by a mad woman and he realises he didn't bond with his mother :eek:

EastEnders newlywed Tanya Jessop is to be diagnosed with cervical cancer in a forthcoming storyline, show bosses have announced.

The businesswoman and mother-of-three receives the bombshell news from doctors later this year, just as her current infidelity storyline featuring husband Greg and ex-partner Max Branning reaches a climax.

Confirming the plot, EastEnders' executive producer Bryan Kirkwood told the Daily Star Sunday: "EastEnders has worked closely with experts in the field to ensure we accurately portray this sensitive issue.

"Viewers will see how Tanya uses her inner determination to deal with what will be one of the toughest challenges of her life."

News of Tanya's shock diagnosis follows weeks of speculation over the character's future after previous hints that she would receive "a huge, life-changing shock" in the months ahead. Jake Wood, who plays Max, had also confirmed that a "big twist" was in store.

EastEnders viewers have recently seen Tanya (Jo Joyner) cheat on Greg by embarking on a steamy affair with Max, and the Daily Star Sunday also reports that Greg - played by Stefan Booth - will depart Albert Square once the truth about his wife's betrayal is exposed.

A show source told the newspaper: "Stefan's exit will come shortly after he discovers what Tanya has been up to."

Tanya's illness storyline is expected to air across the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I really hope they handle this storyline well. If they do it wrong they could have half the women in the country scared out of their minds. Tackling a sensitive issue like this is threading on very thin ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

At least it'll bring the topic into people's living rooms, unfortunately it's one of those things people don't know enough about.

Very true. But it has to be done right. After the mess they made with the baby swap story I am just a bit concerned that they'll go over the top with this and start a scare. Creating an awareness is one thing, but terrifying people is not on. However, it does say in the article above that they are dealing with experts on the matter so we can only hope for the best.

• Advertisement

Why was Afia and Tamwar getting married again :confused:

yeah i was wondering that too, we must have missed something

They were having their Civil Ceremony. You now have to have a civil element (also here in Ireland) to any church or religious marriage. In Ireland it is usually included in the wedding ceremony in the Church, but in England it is generally two separate events. It was even that way back in the late 50's when my parents married. They had the civil ceremony a couple of days before their church wedding. Being Irish catholics, they didn't consider themselves properly married until they had the church wedding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I feel really bad for Raine (spl). I think shes very pretty ,but it seems she is constantly reminded of everything bad she has done.Its like they are trying to compare her to Tanya in a lesser light.I think Raine's character has so much more depth than Tanya's , shes's just like this shallow blonde thing whos stringing along her husbands .Why point the finger at the much maligned one ?
    Have to say they have Eddie's son pictured well.He really reminds me of so many lady killers in Engerland ,it's funny.

I lol'd at Alfie punching Jack and Whitney punching Tyler

That Michael is well cunning and creepy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I lol'd at Alfie punching Jack and Whitney punching Tyler

That Michael is well cunning and creepy

He's really creepy!!

When Jack and Ronnie left the room after Michael got in the bed and Michael started smiling...fecker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Is the actress that plays Janine pregnant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

That Michael fella is getting proper creepy. He makes a good villian though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Oh I can see Shirley's tan going horribly wrong

Karen23 wrote: »
    yeah i can't wait to see the result, i would say orange tango :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

casio4 wrote: »
    yeah i can't wait to see the result, i would say orange tango :D

Or Deep Mahogony:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

Is the actress that plays Janine pregnant?

i don't know...i think she is aswell cos her tops are very big and loose and they really show her belly much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭kaa

Or Deep Mahogony:p

what did she look like??? was so funny....does she even realise what she looks like....cause she came into the cafe smiling...

poppy and jodie are soooo funny...reapeating everything they say

Ronnie Branning's day in court arrives in tonight's hour-long episode of EastEnders.

Jack tries to convince his wife that they could go on the run to Mexico, while Michael continues to plot against her.

His strange behaviour continues when he uses Roxy's mobile to tell Ronnie to meet in the park. When there, she finds baby Tommy alone, crying in his pram. As Ronnie comforts him, Michael contacts Kat and Alfie.

After an angry showdown with the Queen Vic landlady, Ronnie heads to court to discover her sentencing. When an angry Roxy discovers Michael's behaviour, she confronts him in front of Kat and Alfie. As he admits the truth, Kat is left torn over what to write in her victim statement. Will Ronnie go to prison?

550w_eastenders_4241_7.jpg © BBC

http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a328654/potd-ronnie-faces-sentencing-in-eastenders.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Not sure I can cope with an hour of Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

Too little too late Kat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Cookie33

Byebye Ronnie. At least thats an end to that storyline.

I feel sorry for Ronnie slightly, the writers never gave her a happy time. She was abused by her father, got pregnant and made to give up her child thinking she was dead only to find her daughter 5mins before she was killed by a car. Then she was finally happy with her husband and baby son.. wait a minute lets just kill the baby off and send Ronnie totally doolally!!

kaa wrote: »
    poppy and jodie are soooo funny...reapeating everything they say

Please say you are joking???!!! They are driving me totally demented! I cringe when they come on the screen. I think Alfie called them Dumb and Dumber the other night - even that was too mild for them!

Was Kat's statement written by hear or Michael?

3 years in jail for Ronnie I thought she be given a psych hospital but she did steal a baby

Tanya is a hypocrite

• Advertisement

Pam St Clement will leave EastEnders later this year, the BBC soap has announced.

The much-loved actress will depart her role as Pat Evans after 25 years in the BBC soap. Details of how St Clement, who is currently the second longest-serving castmember after Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale), will bow out are not yet known.

"I have enjoyed 25 and a half wonderful years in EastEnders creating the character of Pat but feel it's time to hang up her earrings," the 69-year-old said. "Leaving the EastEnders 'family' will be akin to a bereavement, but I'm looking forward to the other work. and life opportunities that I will have the time to pursue."

Bryan Kirkwood, EastEnders executive producer, commented: "In Pat Harris-Beale-Wicks-Butcher-Evans, Pam St Clement has created one of the most iconic and loved characters in British TV history.

"Over the years we've seen her develop from a shrew into a matriarch, and Pat's colour, warmth and steel have given EastEnders some of its most memorable stories. Pam will be missed by everyone in Walford, and we wish her the very best of luck in everything that comes next."

Kirkwood added: "Although it's too early to talk about how Pat will leave the Square, we can assure viewers it will culminate in a fitting storyline, not to be missed."

Since arriving in E20 in the summer of 1986, Pat's storylines have included the paternity of her son Simon, her turn to prostitution, surviving the Walford attacker in 1987, the death of a teenage girl she knocked down, her ongoing battle against step-daughter Janine and the affair with Patrick Trueman.

However, Pat - famed for her large earrings - will be best remembered for her romance, marriage and affair with car dealer Frank Butcher, played by the late Mike Reid.

"It's always a sad day when one of our stars leaves EastEnders but when those stars are as important as Pam St Clement and the character as iconic as Pat 'Butcher', the blow is doubly hard," John Yorke, controller of BBC Drama production and new talent added.

"As part of EastEnders' 'creation myth', she has been integral to the programme's success from the very beginning; her love of Frank, her 'take no prisoners' nature and her earrings have made her a part of British culture."

Yorke concluded: "For most actors that would be legacy enough. The fact that Pam is also a total professional, an endless champion of the programme and a joy to work with is an added bonus."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement