Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Is it me or is eastenders becoming far too serious, fast paced and dramatic. Dont get me wrong i like this but it needs to be balanced out with a bit of fun and some easy going sidestories and humour. People burning, people getting murdered, murderers on the loose, murderers being released, rape, family feuds, cancer, family secrets, strokes, prostifutes, drugs, alcoholic binges, affairs, dreary Peter Beale, fake deaths, return of sonia, lesbian baby attempts, threats, organised beatings, unemployment, rent arrears..... Etc etc.

A little London humour wouldnt go astray. The Carter family's attempts at humpur and family "banter" have failed miserably and they seem to be integrated into every storyline.

Eastenders has always been more on the drama than, lets say, Corrie but it still maintained its humour. Nowadays many of the actors just overact and there are only a few who can pull off genuine wit.

Just me?

There is no humour in London lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

fr336 wrote: »
    There is no humour in London lol

Ah there is a dark humour. The likes of Roy, Jim, Pat, Janine, David and even Nick and Den could pull it off and then you have the likes of Billy, Gary and Minty, Patrick, Kim and Alfie who provided light humour.

Where are the Phil Mitchell bullying Ian stories gone or the Pauline Fowler being an old bat! Or the Nana Moons.

Every character is just laden with so many issues, burdens and hopelessness that its hard to have a laugh.

Shirley is brilliant and although malevolent, Stan had his moments, Dexter and Fatboy have just become predictable as has Big Mo who is just a caricature of herself and Alfie is just miserable!

Ps I hate the term "lol"... I have made it my vocation to rid the world of the term!! Are you really laughing out loud!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ah there is a dark humour. The likes of Roy, Jim, Pat, Janine, David and even Nick and Den could pull it off and then you have the likes of Billy, Gary and Minty, Patrick, Kim and Alfie who provided light humour.

Where are the Phil Mitchell bullying Ian stories gone or the Pauline Fowler being an old bat! Or the Nana Moons.

Every character is just laden with so many issues, burdens and hopelessness that its hard to have a laugh.

Shirley is brilliant and although malevolent, Stan had his moments, Dexter and Fatboy have just become predictable as has Big Mo who is just a caricature of herself and Alfie is just miserable!

Ps I hate the term "lol"... I have made it my vocation to rid the world of the term!! Are you really laughing out loud!

Alfie is gotten very annoying lately. All the " cheeky chappy" banter on the stalls before the fire was really annoying.

Ps I also detest "lol". Especially from adults. I find some people can say quite mean and b!tchy things and then just say lol as if that makes it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,476 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Ben know about Lexi that he is her daddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Peggy
    is back! :D

actually a brilliant scene made me laugh for once anyways! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Eh, bit disappointed by that tbh. Peggy just seemed too obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

hoodwinked wrote: »
    is back! :D

actually a brilliant scene made me laugh for once anyways! :D

Isn't it hilarious how they always work it into the script, that when somebody like that comes back, they are made to say something along the lines of "Over my dead body she's marrying him, I am Ultra Recognisable Former Regular..."
    Presumably for the benefit of any newborn babies or goldfish who are watching :D

Eh, bit disappointed by that tbh. Peggy just seemed too obvious.

More than a bit was hoping for Grant

it was nice to see Peggy again but those scenes were pointless

she is-int coming back to stop the wedding

Over the top is not the word! Unbelievable scenes and basically pointless. EE have run out of ideas.

I really thought it'd be Grant or someone. More fool me for believe the BBC producers on Twitter when they said this would be a major surprise....Peggy was only on EE a year ago, for Christ sake.

• Advertisement

Ben was eying up Johnny tonight

Ben's acting was quite over the top and funny then :D To be fair it was the lad's first night though. Barbara Windsor and Samantha Womack, on the other hand....:pac:

I hope they aren't put together

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I hope they aren't put together

soap cliche there both gay they will end u together

I see Roxy called round to get her claws into Ben since christian is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Peggy.......yawn,such a tacky woman
    And she didn't even say get out of my pub,how disapointing��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

MelanieC wrote: »
    Peggy back for Phil's wedding maybe?
    There's no love lost between her & Sharon.....

Ha,called it!!
    Quite proud of myself I was!

Ultimately disappointing though,she's not even coming back for the wedding so all that was just completely pointless......someone should let the EE producers know that a "big shock" merely for the sake of it.....eh,isn't shocking at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mandylevo

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Alfie is gotten very annoying lately. All the " cheeky chappy" banter on the stalls before the fire was really annoying.

Ps I also detest "lol". Especially from adults. I find some people can say quite mean and b!tchy things and then just say lol as if that makes it funny.

I think Tamwar is really funny and can't wait for Kim to return, hate what they have done to Kat and Alfie and yes he has gotten really annoying

so Peggy is not back for the wedding ?

if not then last night was pointless

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Very ladylike posture from Sharon there when she sitting on the couch!

Sharon's wedding outfit was awful made her look much bigger

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sharon's wedding outfit was awful made her look much bigger

what a horrid outfit made look huuuuuuuge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭wdmfapq4zs83hv

Good God Sharon close your legs! What was that all about? Sharon sitting spread eagle on the couch in her dress!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Oh my god Shirley almost did a top gun,take me to bed or loose me forever line

Get Aunt Sal in full time already

Phil & Shirley belong together

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I bet Sharon and Ian will hook now once all this wedding stuff is put the rest. Just seems like they're heading in that general direction where Phil will go with Shirley and Sharon will go with Ian. Which is probably why Ian is trying to stop her from marrying him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I have and never will use that unsayable word. It's overused and stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I bet Sharon and Ian will hook now once all this wedding stuff is put the rest. Just seems like they're heading in that general direction where Phil will go with Shirley and Sharon will go with Ian. Which is probably why Ian is trying to stop her from marrying him.

are Sharon and Ian not cousins?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

casio4 wrote: »

No they aren't related.

Monday 6th October is when the
    Rape Happens

Cast List is
    Linda Carter
    Mick Carter
    Dean Wicks
    Shirley Carter
    Tina Carter
    Nancy Carter
    Johnny Carter
    Lee Carter
    Babe Smith

I like the
    Carters
    but i would like a little break from them they have been consent
    since they arrived on screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

casio4 wrote: »

No I think Ian's sister Michelle is it was good friends with Sharon is that right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement