Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

I bought the supporters top the other day, got it home and didn't like it at all. Horrible fit, especially around the neck. Took it back and splurged the bit extra to buy the players jersey. I just have to drop the gut now so it doesn't look like I'm smuggling a pillow. I still don't know if I like the top or not, looking at the old one know I realize I actually really liked it. Looks much more "expensive," the new one looks a bit cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

lobber wrote: »

If you slap a rose and a Nike swish you could be looking at an English jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I took a look at the jersey yesterday. Not much to seperate the supporter shirt from the player shirt without close inspection. The navy training jersey is the pick of the bunch, imho. The manager of the Elvery's store on Dawson Street (nice chap, very helpful) was saying that there is going to be a lot more merchandise launched just before the AIs. Some of the polo shirts are nice enough.
    True enough except for the rubber bit around the lungs. The last Jersey was a fiasco with the supporters, the replica and the players jersey clearly distinct. The thing I like about this one is it's much lighter material than the heavy duty garb Canterbury used to come out with. Adidas would have been my choice but still a nice shirt. I'm not sure if I 'love' the shade but will definately treat myself to the authentic one at €85 as oppossed to €100 in previous years. Does anybody think an all green kit would look nice? We could be the 'all greens'!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

only thing i dont like about it is the O2 logo, even on the polo shirt it stands out abit on the sleave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Does anybody think an all green kit would look nice? We could be the 'all greens'!

Cue Paul O'Connell in the next Green Giant corn ad.

'Ho ho ho'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭PYRO#1

I REALLY HATE THE NECK, on the new jersey and the old one too!
    It hasnt been right for a few years. It wont fit me at all, its too open and i wont buy one til its sorted.
    God only knows when that will be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Anyone know how tight they are..particularly the kids ones?

In the traditional jerseys I wear a 10 year old boy (athtrasna finally comes out as a girl) but without getting to a sports shop to try it on...I'm thinking I should go for the next size up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Looked at it, tried it on and was terribly disappointed ( no im not a fatty im far from it:pac: ) tbh i think Canterbury had it on the head, i for one will not be buying the new Jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 007phoenix

007phoenix wrote: »
    I tried on the Jersey at the weekend didn't like the fit at all, the neck is way too big looks like a sack of potatoes. Will there be a players jersey that's fitted like the last one?

Tried on the test Jersey(players one) its a better fit was not too excited about it but Wearin it all day and its grown on me now i like it alot!!

And fair play to a young lad that works in Elverys in Athlone dude went to alot of bother to get it, took the thing off a manikin in the window for me to try on..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 007phoenix

irish-stew wrote: »
    only thing i dont like about it is the O2 logo, even on the polo shirt it stands out abit on the sleave

I bought the test jersey and the polo shirt(black with green stripes) think its well nice, the sponsors have to put the logos some where, i think it looks good.
    Each to his own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭cmyk

What's the difference in the 2? I've seen the one for 65e, but it has the webbing on it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

cmyk wrote: »
    What's the difference in the 2? I've seen the one for 65e, but it has the webbing on it too?

Lighter material, tighter fit and the grip tape is the real stuff as opposed to the non-functional webbing you saw.

Bought the above polo shirt and brought it back to the store two days later. Quality of the stuff is the worst I've seen in a long time. I wonder how it's selling around the country, guy in the store said it wasn't moving and I've yet to see anybody wearing any of it. Having said that, things could change with the upcoming games and it's too early for the Christmas market yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Bought me the match fit jersey, certainly doesn't encourage slouching. Also the fleece, which is very warm and comfortable. Would have liked if the fleece had pockets tho.

Bought me the match fit jersey, certainly doesn't encourage slouching. Also the fleece, which is very warm and comfortable. Would have liked if the fleece had pockets tho.
    Yeah I bought the match fit one too, I bought the XL knowing I was going on a diet so should be grand for the South Africa match, you're right though I'll be standing up in the pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bought the supporters jersey bit of a balls in the sense for some reason the XL was choking me but ok on the body, xxl is ok on the neck but a bit big on the body, story of my life though ha ha!

Will probably pick up the fleece next.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bought the supporters jersey bit of a balls in the sense for some reason the XL was choking me but ok on the body, xxl is ok on the neck but a bit big on the body, story of my life though ha ha!

Will probably pick up the fleece next.
    No that was the exact same with me. The XXL looked frumpy and the XL was a bit tight on the gut. I'm often caught between sizes myself, thus the diet.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

MyKeyG wrote: »
    No that was the exact same with me. The XXL looked frumpy and the XL was a bit tight on the gut. I'm often caught between sizes myself, thus the diet.:D

I'll have to start shaving off the corners of my shoulders I'd say, they catch me in almost everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Has anyone bought any of the other gear? Bought a pair of the tracksuit pants, great quality and very comfortable.

Has anyone bought any of the other gear? Bought a pear of the tracksuit pants, great quality and very comfortable.
    Yep, wearing the tracksuit pants right now, fantastic fit and really nice style. Bought the new range Munster tracks as well and was disappointed, the cuffs are complete as opposed to having a zip to make them sit nicely over my trainers but my mum is a seamstress so problem solved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Realex: Jonathan

I bought the black training jersey, it's class, really good quality and a nice bit of kit. Tempted to buy a tshirt and or hat

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JONATH%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]5337.jpg
    obj2429602?view=975

• Advertisement

Does anyone know where I can pick up the warmup windbreaker? The pullover one without the zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

has anyone bought the pro jersey yet?? I had the canterbury pro jersey and was a size medium but im normally a size small! anyone seen the white jersey in pro style around any where??

Mickeyie05 wrote: »
    has anyone bought the pro jersey yet?? I had the canterbury pro jersey and was a size medium but im normally a size small! anyone seen the white jersey in pro style around any where??
    Hi Mickey, Elverys rugby store on Dawson street Dublin is the best stockist I've come across as well as the Munster store in Limerick. I have the pro Jersey and found it's not as fitted as the Canterbury but you will probably still have to go up a size depending on your physique. I'm usually a large but am wearing the XL, if I was a bit fitter I might have got away with the large. It's easy on the shoulders tight on the chest and trim on the midrift.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The Elverys off Grafton street generally has the best stock of the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Mickeyie05

ill ave a gawk 2moro

Crash wrote: »
    The Elverys off Grafton street generally has the best stock of the lot.
    They do have the most stock but I've noticed in the past that they often leave the pro gear to the Rugby store. Although I went looking all over Dublin a few weeks ago and couldn't find one, bought it in Limerick in the end.

Advertisement