Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

Justind wrote: »
    Doubtful they'll go on sale. They're from a range that was brought in for the camps.
    They're fleeces, by the way.

That always annoys me. These guys are walking billboards for Puma kit and then they don't release the kit they give them to the general public. It makes absolutely no sense. I would have absolutely no problem if a kit supplier released lots of stuff for the public to wear, it just gives us lots more choice.

Am in very annoyed mood today I think.... Why did they only release playing kit so far!!! I work in marketing and if i have a product range to launch it is all publicised together!!!!

I want to see the rest of the kit!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Doubtful they'll go on sale. They're from a range that was brought in for the camps.
    They're fleeces, by the way.

Shame, theyre quite nice. Are Puma going to release a range of casual/training team clothing similar to what was offered by CCC? It'll be interesting to see if Puma trackies become the new uniform for South Dublin gyms or not if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

Variety? It's as black as you got for rugby jerseys back then. Besides, the white collar is used to distinguish the Maoris these days.

And white stripes. Looks quite nice you must admit.

And I agree with blut. They never really release any good stuff for the masses.

But then again the players deserve to look stylish! I hate non-stylish teams haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Variety? It's as black as you got for rugby jerseys back then. Besides, the white collar is used to distinguish the Maoris these days.

By 'All Black' I was referring to the fact that adidas have had a black collar for every jersey since they won the contract. The only difference has been for the fern and logo, it isn't a tradition for it always to be 'all black' as someone said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

lobber wrote: »
    That always annoys me. These guys are walking billboards for Puma kit and then they don't release the kit they give them to the general public. It makes absolutely no sense. I would have absolutely no problem if a kit supplier released lots of stuff for the public to wear, it just gives us lots more choice
    The team, ie. the flagship/pinnacle of the sport in this country, have their own range and in my view, thats part and parcel of the exclusivety of making it at this level. Thats the way it is in almost every professional sport I can think of. Nothing different in circumstances to the range before either. The retail range will of course entail plenty of choice to the general public.
    Why did they only release playing kit so far!!! I work in marketing and if i have a product range to launch it is all publicised together!!!!

I want to see the rest of the kit!!!!
    Remember the last range? It was launched beginning of August 2007 which was over a month before the RWC commenced. It was perfect timing and it sold huge amounts. The team had their kit launch before that, delivering a nice timely launchpad for the retail wear.
    Same this year.

• Advertisement

The team, ie. the flagship/pinnacle of the sport in this country, have their own range and in my view, thats part and parcel of the exclusivety of making it at this level. Thats the way it is in almost every professional sport I can think of. Nothing different in circumstances to the range before either. The retail range will of course entail plenty of choice to the general public.

Let them have their blazers! They get enough exclusivity in all other aspects of their lives due to their skills...;)

Remember the last range? It was launched beginning of August 2007 which was over a month before the RWC commenced. It was perfect timing and it sold huge amounts. The team had their kit launch before that, delivering a nice timely launchpad for the retail wear.
    Same this year.

I was in Oz for that and very oddly I was able to buy the whole kit online from Canterbury's australian website before it was launched at home. it was a little dearer of course (all rugby gear is in oz!!) but worth it to be able to post it home early :D

I was in Oz for that and very oddly I was able to buy the whole kit online from Canterbury's australian website before it was launched at home. it was a little dearer of course (all rugby gear is in oz!!) but worth it to be able to post it home early :D
    You mean the whole retail range, I take it. Most of the team's training range and various other apparel and equipment has never been available to the general public.

If the retail range was available in Australia, it was available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Like the previous Leinster jersey was in shops over there before it was even released over here?

laugh wrote: »
    Like the previous Leinster jersey was in shops over there before it was even released over here?

I don't work for the Leinster branch so I wouldn't know.

You mean the whole retail range, I take it. Most of the team's training range and various other apparel and equipment has never been available to the general public.

It was the players kit, replica jerseys (green & white) and world cup t-shirts on the canterbury website. It coincided with the launch of the australian kit. You couldn't buy it in shops til nearer the world cup. Same for the similar South African and Scottish gear as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

For me the 2000 six nations irish jersey is the nicest we have had by quiet some margin

It was the players kit, replica jerseys (green & white) and world cup t-shirts on the canterbury website. It coincided with the launch of the australian kit. You couldn't buy it in shops til nearer the world cup. Same for the similar South African and Scottish gear as well.

Thats the retail range. And it was launched here end of June/early July. By late July/early August, stores were stocking it and it sold double on expectancy.

The bulk of the players' gear is never available to buy in the stores or online. Even the 'playing' shirt in that retail range was different to the actual team's kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chris_c

Think the shirt looks well but does anyone else think the O2 sits very low down??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Anyone know if there'll be an "O2" free, sponsor free variant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

toomevara wrote: »
    Anyone know if there'll be an "O2" free, sponsor free variant?

Well you can wait until the world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

For me the 2000 six nations irish jersey is the nicest we have had by quiet some margin
    image017.jpg

Always been my Fav!!

celebrate-ogara.jpg

Best Jersey EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 21,244 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

21_7394.php

My favourite Jersey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

nicest irish jersey imo
    00244179.jpg?D=A969303C8F2F87387A15F5DDAAE1F0E2F74CC0E197E91E81A592970049068D6C20F49FFF8AE5D8E8989B077974ED91AAF01EA945BC9FFE2740C24C13C206D348AE2DBC910E36F7FA4AFE70E49F5F4B23B047AB00EE9BFD41B85378F0506C358E97DDD9F5C41D338E865A0C5F8CE8E553B4568AEC14FFCD4F3E5655AACAD1D265DF3E22DFC12F4A3B
    the jersey of shame

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

Depp wrote: »
    the jersey of shame

I can't remember that jersey. That jersey never existed.

*I'm still getting treatment for RWC07 denial issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

So, we've seen the home jersey. Will the away be released on the 8th as well? And the rest of the retail range?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

justdoit wrote: »
    So, we've seen the home jersey. Will the away be released on the 8th as well? And the rest of the retail range?

You can see part of the range here

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

justdoit wrote: »
    Will the away be released on the 8th as well?

I can't remember the previous CCC away jersey being used ever, though I may be mistaken. Pity, it was a nice jersey I thought. Looking forward to seeing the new one.

Conceivably, the only time we'd need an away strip would be to play the Springboks in South Africa...

ALH-06 wrote: »
    Conceivably, the only time we'd need an away strip would be to play the Springboks in South Africa...
    In rugby union, the tradition was that the visiting team was actually allowed by the hosts to wear their home colours should there be a clash.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭pajoguy

Also savage looking gear on www.rugbystore.co.uk

Even better than expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

slider2.jpg
    Even Mick getting in on the act and look at BOD !!

Right I havn't a clue if I was seeing things but maybe someone saw this too.
    I was on the green Luas this morning between 8.05 and 8.15 on my way to school.
    Luas rolls into Windy Arbour. On the opposite side, beside the bus shelter there are 4 lads in the new Ireland strip, socks, shorts jersey, passing a puma ball around. None of them where any of the players on the Senior nor 'A' side as far as I could tell. Looked around 19-20. One had a scrum cap on.

Was so random.

Can anyone explain??????/

• Subscribers Posts: 16,569 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

jersey launch, they were at random places all over the city today

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Saw few guys togged out also today. Was not fan at first but after seeing the lads wearing it I have say I think it looks much better will see for sure when its out in shops

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

ALH-06 wrote: »
    I can't remember the previous CCC away jersey being used ever, though I may be mistaken. Pity, it was a nice jersey I thought. Looking forward to seeing the new one.

think we wore it against the springboks in lansdowne when we beat them with o garas quick tap penalty while smit was talking to his players

Advertisement