Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,063 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was hoping for something little better then this, 4/10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Really like the training jersey. Quite happy with the kit overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Linus67

Even with the looser fit some of us still have to worry. :(

The regular fit jersey is available in size 3XL from here -

http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/comesoon/ireland_pro_home_rugby_shirt_ss_2010

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 211 ✭✭MickTipp

terrible looking kit, i dont like it at all, its a pity addidas didnt make irelands new jersey:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

adidas? Christ on a bike they have munster wearing the liverpool kit ! The puma kit is nice enough!

• Advertisement

gcgirl wrote: »
    adidas? Christ on a bike they have munster wearing the liverpool kit ! The puma kit is nice enough!

adidas is a class manufacturer, way better than puma

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Brilliant

Addidas 2000 all Blacks jersey
    prd_maxzoom_rfu-35843allblack.jpg

Addidas All Blacks Jersey 2009
    New-Zealand-Jersey_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Addidas 2000 all Blacks jersey
    prd_maxzoom_rfu-35843allblack.jpg

Addidas All Blacks Jersey 2009
    New-Zealand-Jersey_large.jpg

You'd have them put yellow stripes or a waves of bubbles on it? There's only so much you can do when designing an All Blacks kit.

edit: First jersey is the 2007 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

You'd have them put yellow stripes or a waves of bubbles on it? There's only so much you can do when designing an All Blacks kit.

True.

Oh and there were riots in New Zealand when they changed the manufacturer from CCC to Adidas for the All Blacks.

Wish the IRFU were like the Kiwis, as in they were a bit more vocal in shirt design. The new one is poorly designed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

The new one is poorly designed.

How exactly is it poorly designed? Explain your statement.

chupacabra wrote: »
    How exactly is it poorly designed? Explain your statement.

Right. You see the IRFU logo? Not the crest, the new logo, now that was good, a nice design clean and crisp. But the white crest thing that surrounds it, basically the crest on the jersey is poorly designed and looks cheap. Also, now this may sound like crap, but the crest and jersey logo are too far apart. Aesthetically (did I spell that right?) its not appealing and it makes the jersey look 'cheap'. It looks thrown together IMHO. Also there should be a little more white on the jersey, or none at all, those lines look horrible. Wish we could be like the All Blacks or Pumas and display no sponsor at all. BUT, I will say, though I'm not a fan of the new kit, its not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyway theres the pic of the new one and the old crest.
    p107523.jpg

Old crest better IMHO
    ireland-rugby-jersey-pro-ba.jpg

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Right. You see the IRFU logo? Not the crest, the new logo, now that was good, a nice design clean and crisp. But the white crest thing that surrounds it, basically the crest on the jersey is poorly designed and looks cheap. Also, now this may sound like crap, but the crest and jersey logo are too far apart. Aesthetically (did I spell that right?) its not appealing and it makes the jersey look 'cheap'. It looks thrown together IMHO. Also there should be a little more white on the jersey, or none at all, those lines look horrible. Wish we could be like the All Blacks or Pumas and display no sponsor at all. BUT, I will say, though I'm not a fan of the new kit, its not as bad as I thought it would be. Anyway theres the pic of the new one and the old crest.
    p107523.jpg

Old crest better IMHO
    ireland-rugby-jersey-pro-ba.jpg

:D:D:D

Hmm, not quite sure i see what you mean in the crest as to me the only difference is the new logo and a slight change in color to a lighter green but fair enough. I'm not too big on the little details anyway. I agree slightly on the white parts tho. There seems to just not be enough white but the bit thats there neither adds or subtracts anything to the overall design. Anyway, very few people liked the Canterbury design when it first arrived either but they all warmed to it eventually. This is to be expected.

Blame google on that one its just the 2000 Match All Blacks v Aussies made me kind of think that there has not been really any imagination going in to any Adidas jerseys lions 2001/2005/2009 the cut of the jersey is the same the v nect with the buttons !

Blame google on that one its just the 2000 Match All Blacks v Aussies made me kind of think that there has not been really any imagination going in to any Adidas jerseys lions 2001/2005/2009 the cut of the jersey is the same the v nect with the buttons !

Too true. But thats the point of the All Blacks jersey. Plain tradition. HUH hahah

i cant stand that black line across the kit aswell:(

MickTipp wrote: »
    i cant stand that black line across the kit aswell:(

Black line??

I just wondering what Rachel Zoe would think!!lol

As with the All Blacks, there's not much you can do with a jersey that's supposed to be just red. They've a little more leeway with the lions though.

As for Adidas lacking imagination.....

189895_1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

When you see it up close, you'll think differently. The shirt looks so impressive up close. It certainly doesn't look cheap then.

I can remember when the crest changed to the previous version. All sorts of hoo-ha over it.
    You'll get used to the new crest. It looks great on all the equipment (shirts, tracks, fleeces, bags).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fagan1993

Justind wrote: »
    When you see it up close, you'll think differently. The shirt looks so impressive up close. It certainly doesn't look cheap then.

I can remember when the crest changed to the previous version. All sorts of hoo-ha over it.
    You'll get used to the new crest. It looks great on all the equipment (shirts, tracks, fleeces, bags).

and where've you seen the shirts tracks fleeces and bags??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Fagan1993 wrote: »
    and where've you seen the shirts tracks fleeces and bags??

In the boot of his car at a guess :D That's where they'd be if I was working with the IRFU anyway!

Black line??

ya, can you not see the thin black line across the chest of the jersey??

MickTipp wrote: »
    ya, can you not see the thin black line across the chest of the jersey??
    Oh I gets ya. Yep not nice.

At JustinD, from what I see it doesn't look great, but I think your right, when I see it in the flesh maybe my attitude will change.

I'll say this though, I saw the Leinster jersey about two weeks before it came out in CCC's offices, and it did look alot better in the flesh then the pictures. Kinda weird seeing it in your hand before the pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Fitzgerald_Heaslip_Kearney_DundrumGrandSlam_booksigning.jpg

I have to say im loving the tops Luke and Rob have, i'll def grab one of those when they go on sale next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Got new Munster home jersey yesterday. Only, got the normal "rugby" collar instead of the players one. Looks very nice as a supporters jersey.

Anyone know is the Irish jersey available with the traditional collar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

I have to say im loving the tops Luke and Rob have, i'll def grab one of those when they go on sale next month.

Doubtful they'll go on sale. They're from a range that was brought in for the camps.
    They're fleeces, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

I liked the old cantebury efforts with the New Zealand shirt-

5661.2.jpg

Doesn't always have to be 'All Black', vareity is the spice of life ect..

themont85 wrote: »
    I liked the old cantebury efforts with the New Zealand shirt-

5661.2.jpg

Doesn't always have to be 'All Black', vareity is the spice of life ect..

Variety? It's as black as you got for rugby jerseys back then. Besides, the white collar is used to distinguish the Maoris these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Just got a Barbarians jersey from Cotton Traders. Old material complete with collar. I miss the old style jerseys.

Advertisement