Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

think we wore it against the springboks in lansdowne when we beat them with o garas quick tap penalty while smit was talking to his players

That was the previous, previous white jersey. ROG wearing it was the picture used for the EA rugby game over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Anyone got the new Irish rugby jersey yet? I see lovell have it in stock....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I've ordered mine should have it next week i seen the away one too not too fused about white chips n curry n kabah don't really go well with white unless you have years supply of vanish !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Had a good look at it today, Its not the shade of green I though it would be, not as dark as the last jersey but still darker that the pre-world cup one from 2006/2007.
    The jersey itself is pretty good looking in the flesh with the authentic players jersey alot lighter than the supporters one.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ALH-06

gcgirl wrote: »
    I've ordered mine should have it next week i seen the away one too not too fused about white chips n curry n kabah don't really go well with white unless you have years supply of vanish !

Where did you see the white away jersey? I haven't seen it yet...

Had a good look at it today, Its not the shade of green I though it would be, not as dark as the last jersey but still darker that the pre-world cup one from 2006/2007.
    The jersey itself is pretty good looking in the flesh with the authentic players jersey alot lighter than the supporters one.

Have the jerseys been released in the shops?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

ALH-06 wrote: »
    Where did you see the white away jersey? I haven't seen it yet...
    Its an exact reversal of colour scheme of regular shirt. White with green.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

And it seems the black training jersey IS being released after all, along with a similar workout tee with a larger Puma logo. Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh- absolutely loved the cut and sew raglan tees that Canterbury released last time out with the IRFU...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

Tried on the supporters jersey today. It fits quite well despite my rotund-ness:p. The previous jersey felt constrictive with the ribbing design that went across the front but this one feels nice and light. It's sometimes frustrating getting an XL as most jerseys today in XL are really long but this one isn't...

Think i'll be kitting myself out very shortly.

Although had a look at a hat online which looks a bit oddly shaped...
    http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/6nations/ireland/ireland_beanie_2010

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

anywhere to get this sub 65 - pretty steep and everywhere is really holding onto that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭pajoguy

T-Shirts look good, Polos look really good, Workout t shirt lokks great and saw the jersay in the flesh today. Shade of green is perfect. Well done puma and IRFU.... Cant wait to see the away one. Should look great.

There goes a weeks wages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

mayordenis wrote: »
    anywhere to get this sub 65 - pretty steep and everywhere is really holding onto that price.

It was 65 in the two shops I saw it in (Finn's Corner and The Munster rugby store both in Cork) so thats prob the RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

mayordenis wrote: »

I picked up the supporters jersey today for €55 in JJB sports in Limerick today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

slider2.jpg
    Even Mick getting in on the act and look at BOD !!
    oh lordy lord:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

That's one of the gayest pictures I've ever seen. In fact, that's probably gayer than Stade's calendar. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Picked up the navy and white training jersey yesterday. Really happy with it, nice fit and prefer the small irfu logo to the crest used on the home jersey

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Ireland/Ireland-09-or-10-SS-Training-Rugby-Shirt-Navy-or-White

(not the best picture of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Must say the black training jersey is very nice. Having finally seen the home jersey I think it's awful; honestly, it looks as if Dunnes Stores wanted a 15euro composite of the last two jerseys - from the canterbury collar, white under arm panels, black piping and faux grip-panels. It's just doesn't look like a cohesive design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I got the home jersey yesterday. Its a bit "soccerish".. I preferred the harder material of old. I got the tracksuit ends too but as I'm only a little lad I'm stuck between the XL Youths and the Mens Small size. The youths is a bit snug and the Mens small is way to big.

The joys of being a shortie.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

ceegee wrote: »
    Picked up the navy and white training jersey yesterday. Really happy with it, nice fit and prefer the small irfu logo to the crest used on the home jersey

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Ireland/Ireland-09-or-10-SS-Training-Rugby-Shirt-Navy-or-White

(not the best picture of it)

saw it in shop yesterday have say taught it looks very nice.

Will get it. over the new home jersey I think

Agree with last post it does look bit soccerish but I think it looks better when I saw it up close then when I saw it on web pages few weeks back first. Dont think ill purchase though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What shop has the biggest stock of the various new gear? Was in Elverys and Lifestyle today in Omni Santry and both only had the home jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Having finally seen the home jersey I think it's awful; honestly, it looks as if Dunnes Stores wanted a 15euro composite of the last two jerseys - from the canterbury collar, white under arm panels, black piping and faux grip-panels. It's just doesn't look like a cohesive design.

have to agree there. i think its terrible too. Really don't like the shade of green they picked either. U put it well by saying it looks like a dunnes stores cheapo one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I thinks its the sex boys !! got the Munster supporters one last week which is cool tool but this one fits really well and its not long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Little_miss_syn

I dunno to be honest. I really dont like the colour of it at all and it feels kinda strange in some places but not in others.......personally think the old one was nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

Got the 'workout t-shirt', which looks like the black training jersey but with a bigger manufacturer's logo and is half the price. It's obviously very light, but I think it looks quite good and the fit is nice. The collar is a little low for my liking (a kind of rounded 'v' neck, if that makes sense) but at £30, I reckon it's good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

slider2.jpg
    Even Mick getting in on the act and look at BOD !!

I don't know why, but I think that picture is ****ing brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭D.S.

ccosgrave wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I think that picture is ****ing brilliant.

You are probably enjoying the man rape scene on the left hand side.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

is it my imagination or was there originally a cotton version on sale? looked now and in town and can't see one. have no desire to wear a polyester jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Seen it in town and it's kinda meh. Design lacks cohesion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 007phoenix

I tried on the jerzey at the weekend didn't like the fit at all, the neck is way too big looks like a sack of potatoes. Will there be a players jersey that's fitted like the last one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I took a look at the jersey yesterday. Not much to seperate the supporter shirt from the player shirt without close inspection. The navy training jersey is the pick of the bunch, imho. The manager of the Elvery's store on Dawson Street (nice chap, very helpful) was saying that there is going to be a lot more merchandise launched just before the AIs. Some of the polo shirts are nice enough.

Advertisement