Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Rugby Jersey

Options
  • 23-03-2009 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Folks

Did you know that IRFU new kit manufacturer from Sept will Be Puma.I am not sure they will look great as I dont think Puma have great jerseys

So I would be careful if you heading out to buy new jersey after the great win on Saturday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Think this has been discussed here a few times already.
    I'm sure Puma are delighted now that Ireland are GS champions. Also, some of their jerserys aren't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Noopti wrote: »
    Think this has been discussed here a few times already.
    I'm sure Puma are delighted now that Ireland are GS champions. Also, some of their jerserys aren't bad.

Yep, similar thread here. Any links to nice PUMA jerseys? I could only find this horrible effort:

http://www.kitbag.com/product_images/maxzoom/prd_maxzoom_rfu-37001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

puma-bath-rugby-home-shirt--short-sleeved--womens-.jpg

Baths jersey is pretty decent. This is a ladies version or something.....but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Yep, that's a ladies top. I'll just have to wait and see what it looks like in real life - it looks way better in Bath's colours than the one I linked to. I don't think you can beat the traditional Canterbury jerseys though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Not a huge fan of what Canterbury have done with the jerseys over the years - didn't like the white underarms or the thin white hoops on the sleeves.
    Nike did pretty good stuff with the Irish jersey and before that they were traditional plain affairs.

I think the Puma jerseys could be very nice, just depends what shade of green they go with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

There've been a number of threads on this topic...enough already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

I'm really not mad about the dark green. They've done the same with the french blue, its hard to tell the difference when both sides are dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dave910

this has been going around for a prototype

http://blog.limerickpost.ie/sport/?p=1023

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

dave910 wrote: »
    this has been going around for a prototype

http://blog.limerickpost.ie/sport/?p=1023

Pull the other one FFS. And the tricolour on the sleeve....

well i hardly made it up myself u nob- considering its from the limerick post. there obviously wont be a tricolor on the sleeve!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

well i hardly made it up myself u nob- considering its from the limerick post. there obviously wont be a tricolor on the sleeve!

Personal abuse in your second ever post.....tut tut. They could have done with checking spelling and grammar on that link too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

fullstop wrote: »
    Personal abuse in your second ever post.....tut tut. They could have done with checking spelling and grammar on that link too.

Oh god you're not one of those are you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I think the New Ireland jerseys would be more represatentive of these type of shirts used in 08/09.
    sthelens.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

FearDark wrote: »
    I think the New Ireland jerseys would be more represatentive of these type of shirts used in 08/09.
    sthelens.jpg

That's a bit manky tbh...

Looks more like a soccer jersey if ya ask me.
    If it had the right colour and proper logo's i dont think it would be bad at all.
    Hate those jerseys made from polyester, they stink when you have em on ya in the pub for a few hours, the reason I never wear a soccer jersey other than when Im actually playing it.

yeeooooo i got a point for infraction. il just have to put a 'full stop' on posting links that i see to what people blatently asked for at the start. i have better things to do than listen to ****e from jobless retards like mr fullstop. how many points will this get..
    ur a ****in sad ignorent smug **** who ruin blog sites like this by being a retard and tryin to cut other members off

Hate those jerseys made from polyester, they stink when you have em on ya in the pub for a few hours,

Yep, but there's usually a cotton supporters version these days, just make sure thats the one you get...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

yeeooooo i got a point for infraction. il just have to put a 'full stop' on posting links that i see to what people blatently asked for at the start. i have better things to do than listen to ****e from jobless retards like mr fullstop. how many points will this get..
    ur a ****in sad ignorent smug **** who ruin blog sites like this by being a retard and tryin to cut other members off

Very nice.

Welcome to Bansville.

Population : You

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭chrussell

Spa

Anyway I like the current jersey, if Puma do come up with something I hope its nothing like the ones we've seen here

toomevara wrote: »
    Yep, but there's usually a cotton supporters version these days, just make sure thats the one you get...

Im fussy about those too, I find them very heavy and If theyre anything like the Cantabury ones they wont fit me properly either.

Ill probarbly end up buying the polo shirt again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads, let's pull this thread back to some kind of civil discussion without the need for personal digs and insults.

Cheers

Des

Im fussy about those too, I find them very heavy and If theyre anything like the Cantabury ones they wont fit me properly either.

Ill probarbly end up buying the polo shirt again :rolleyes:

Yeah, i know what you mean. Just got this season leeds Rhinos home jersey in the cotton and its spot on (almost like a polo), but I got last years NSW origin top (canterbury) and its lost all shape, just like a fecking sack now!! oh the humanity....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Des wrote: »
    Lads, let's pull this thread back to some kind of civil discussion

Damn right, NOW, i really am not looking forward to a Puma Jersey, give me a Canterbury product anyday, far better quality too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adamloweire

4769_96295766358_575581358_2090976_3831410_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

if thats real I thinks i looks better than the new leinster one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

yogidc26 wrote: »
    if thats real I thinks i looks better than the new leinster one

If you draged it behind your car from the RDS to Thomond Park it would still look better than the new Leinster one.

Nope, its this seasons Saint Helens RL away shirt with the IRFU/O2 logo grafted on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

toomevara wrote: »
    Nope, its this seasons Saint Helens RL away shirt with the IRFU/O2 logo badly grafted on.

Also, first time poster Adamloweirl and AL on the image. Coincidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭OldJay

Nope.

You won't see it until around another month at least when it gets launched.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Have you seen it yet Justin? Our man in hq...

Advertisement